I just don't know what to say - EJ is dogging on Peterman and the bIlls

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

EJ > Peterman.

Kapernick > EJ.

This isn’t a political statement. It’s empirical fact. 

After what the Bills are doing, the NFL should just settle and write him a big check and be done with it.

If they can't bring him in because some rednecks wouln t like it,THE PROCESS has no balls.

Edited by reddogblitz

Guest Mike147

To be fair EJ does have a point regarding why he is unemployed and a QB like Peterman still has a job. I've said it before but we've surely seen enough of Peterman by now to know he hasn't got what it takes to be an NFL starting QB, or at least at this stage of his career? 

If that's the case, and as far as I'm concerned it has been since at the latest the Texans game, then Peterman should arguably have been cut by now and put on the practise squad since I doubt anyone would claim him. There are better free agent options out there, I wouldn't go back to EJ but I'd rather him be out there than Peterman and perhaps even Anderson as well.

But to come back to EJ for a moment. He didn't really get the fairest of shots here in Buffalo. How many first round QBs do teams give up on after a season and a half into their career? Doug Marrone never seemed to be a supporter of him and quickly ditched him in year two for Kyle Orton. I'm struggling to think of another recent example of a first round QB that a team gave up on rather than stick with them and try to develop them through those ups and downs. I'm not saying EJ was going to be the GOAT, but this team didn't exactly support him like other teams do with their first round selected QBs. 

EJ never had a fair shake in Buffalo.  For being a 1st round pick, the team never gave him a chance to really develop.  He should have been given 2+ years and more than 20 starts without having some veteran breathing down his neck.  Orton was here to play, not develop EJ.  But that is what dysfunctional, losing franchises do most of the time.

Unfortunately for Bills fans and EJ that time has past.  Let's hope the Bills learn from that and develop Josh Allen the right way with McDermott/Daboll and Beane.

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

"I usually never open up about my situation in Buffalo..."

For good reason EJ. Let's keep it that way.

For those of you scoring at home, EJ's still the only QB to ever lose an NFL game in 4 different countries, BTW. 

...and Peterman is the only QB to throw 5 picks in one half. If I'm not mistaken, Peterman finally finished a whole game this past Sunday. 

not sure why EJ is garnering  such animosity. He's not in charge of the Bills' personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

The sad thing is that he has an absolutely valid point.   Not saying that I want him back on the Bills, but there are at least a few qb's without jobs that I would rather see out there then Peterman.

I can not identify any out of work qbs that are of playing age that are not better than Peterman. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I can not identify any out of work qbs that are of playing age that are not better than Peterman. 

This could be a fun game. What's the age limit? How old is too old to mention them?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

He’s right

EJ didn't succeed and giving him more chances would not have led to him succeeding.... but he is right that Peterman keeps getting chances despite being proven as the worst NFL Quarterback to start multiple games in many, many years, possibly EVER.

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Troy - "Robert Woods is a great WR unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch him a lot in Buffalo"

Joe - "No one did"

Then he murmured something and Troy let out a little chuckle

That was brilliant.

2 hours ago, sjjr said:

EJ never had a fair shake in Buffalo.  For being a 1st round pick, the team never gave him a chance to really develop.  He should have been given 2+ years and more than 20 starts without having some veteran breathing down his neck.  Orton was here to play, not develop EJ.  But that is what dysfunctional, losing franchises do most of the time.

Unfortunately for Bills fans and EJ that time has past.  Let's hope the Bills learn from that and develop Josh Allen the right way with McDermott/Daboll and Beane.

EJ never needed a "fair shake" he wasnt a good QB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

...and Peterman is the only QB to throw 5 picks in one half. If I'm not mistaken, Peterman finally finished a whole game this past Sunday. 

not sure why EJ is garnering  such animosity. He's not in charge of the Bills' personnel.

Because he felt compelled to find the one worse Bills QB than him to cry about in an embarrassing Instagram post.

You know who was looking at EJ and figuring he was a better QB and should play for the Bills in his place?   Kyle Orton.  From his couch.  And he was.

Put your Bills cap on, EJ, and go walk the dog.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

EJ was a first round pick with a guaranteed $9M contract expected to be a franchise QB. Peterman makes nothing and was a 5th round pick expected to be a backup or 3rd string QB. Big difference.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GG said:

He's got a point

I suppose he does but he too was absolutely terrible.

EJ on occasion looked like a QB, but it was a mirage.

That said, why do you think that no team has offered him a job even at the league minimum? This question is not rhetorical. Is EJ worse than every QB on every roster?  He never seemed like a bad guy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

EJ was a first round pick with a guaranteed $9M contract expected to be a franchise QB. Peterman makes nothing and was a 5th round pick expected to be a backup or 3rd string QB. Big difference.

yea, there's a stark difference between the two. I'm not comparing their skill set. EJ performed at times, he just didn't pan out.

my original question was pertaining to the knee jerk reactions.