Notable Offensive Moves by McDermott

jrober38

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fans can come on here and whine all they want.  McDermott and Beane are going no where.  You may see a few position coaches or Crossman get fired, but don’t expect any top players to be out of job anytime soon.

Why do you and your ilk write this constantly and seemingly revel in it?

Are you a Bills fan?  Are you interested in seeing the Bills become a good team that wins games?

Why do you direct anger at your fellow Bills fans and posters at this forum but not at the organization that actually constructed and fielded the team that is the laughing stock of the league?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Why do you and your ilk write this constantly and seemingly revel in it?

Are you a Bills fan?  Are you interested in seeing the Bills become a good team that wins games?

Why do you direct anger at your fellow Bills fans and posters at this forum but not at the organization that actually constructed and fielded the team that is the laughing stock of the league?

To do this, we needed to go through a little pain because of previous regimes. It's just how it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Why would you expect that to happen when looking at their track record for roster moves on the offensive side of the ball? 

There are no guarantees but they will have the cap space and draft capital to improve that side of the ball. We will have to see what their plan is in the offseason.

Beane/McDermott are not going anywhere so they will have to find a way to fix the offense or that will become the downfall of this regime like so many in the past. 

Edited by billieve420

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

No, they really don't anymore. 

You have one-offs here and there, but continuous, sustained success is driven by stud QBs with innovative coaches who can light up the scoreboard. 

Just because in the last two years one hasn't made it doesn't mean one can't.  Before that there was at least a run first team in the super bowl for at least a handful of years straight.  Running games are still important.  Having a versatile runner who can catch too is very helpful.  I'm for a balanced approach.  There's situations in a game where you need both.  Finding a balance is important for this team.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Just because in the last two years one hasn't made it doesn't mean one can't.  Before that there was at least a run first team in the super bowl for at least a handful of years straight.  Running games are still important.  Having a versatile runner who can catch too is very helpful.  I'm for a balanced approach.  There's situations in a game where you need both.  Finding a balance is important for this team.

Stop looking back at where we've been & start looking where we're headed. 

Did you watch the Rams & Saints? Are you watching the Pats & Packers? 

The running game is complementary to the passing game. It's a secondary feature for modern NFL offenses. Now, the Rams & Saints are statistically more "balanced" towards the run, but they are still capable of throwing for 400+ and 4 TDs when called upon. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

When we have 18 million of these threads every week. Yes, yes they should. 

It's pretty arrogant for you to play the holy gatekeeper. People have opinions, and the point of message boards is to discuss something you find interesting 

When I saw posts and threads about Colton Schmidt I wouldn't be all up in them. Just ignore it at a certain point. That's what I do to @John from Riverside

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

The offense is terrible. That’s painfully obvious. I’ll give them another year to work on that, then judge. If you’re NOT willing to do that, I suggest taking a sabbatical rather than whine yourself or the rest of us to death. 

If you hate it that much, just go away. Reasonable and thoughtful criticism is of course part of a healthy discussion. Unfortunately, most of this is just repetitive whining, and not at all creative or thoughtful. 

I know, I’m trying to hold back a tsunami with a sandpail, but I’ve said my piece. 

Your piece is essentially, you can disagree with me and I get that. Then quickly goes to if I don't like your opinion go away for awhile. 

Lol you're better than that.

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

The NFL now is drastically different than it was 4 years ago.

The current NFL's rules, and their attempt to eliminate big hits and call more holding and PI calls makes it incredibly easy to score points.

The current NFL is about scoring points because that's what the rules encourage. You're encouraged to throw the ball, because in addition to your expected gain (YPA) being greater than your average run (YPC), there are additional penalties baked in (roughing the passer, defensive holding, defensive PI) which making passing a much more lucrative option than running the ball. 

I'm not saying the run is useless, but I am saying that if you can't pass the football extremely well in 2018 you probably won't be very successful. Right now we have the worst offense in at least 20 years and the worst passing game in the league. 

Our coach is completely ignoring rule changes and basic probabilities by wanting to keep playing defense first, trying to win the field position battle and limit turnovers on offense.

What we do philosophically is nothing like what you see from any of the top teams around the league.  

Starting Peterman is indicative of trying to limit turnovers?

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

To do this, we needed to go through a little pain because of previous regimes. It's just how it is. 

Is that like a little pregnant?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think you have had one too many Labatt’s.  I didn’t share my thoughts about anyone.  I just said it’s useless to complain because no one at the top is getting fired after 2018.  It’s not going to happen, but people here honestly think there’s a chance of McDermott or Beane losing their jobs.  

That would be like me repeatedly saying “the Bills aren’t going to make the playoff this year.”  We already know that, so what’s the point?

He drinks Wild Irish Rose. Labatts is too classy.

• Haha (+1) 1

I've seen enough of Beane and McD. I don't need to see another year to know they suck.  They are terrible at judging talent.  IThey want to get rid of guys who don't buy in instead of coaching them.   

There was no need to destroy the team they were handed.  Almost every personnel decision they have made has been bad.  

That said, I agree there is less than 5% chance they are let go.  Maybe a few more embarrassing losses to Jets/Dolphins might do it.  But I suspect they will win 2 more games and be allowed to set the franchise back another 5 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fans can come on here and whine all they want.  McDermott and Beane are going no where.  You may see a few position coaches or Crossman get fired, but don’t expect any top players to be out of job anytime soon.

I wouldn't even bet on crossman OR Castillo getting the can 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think it is possible McBeane are let go this year or at year's end if, and it' a big "IF", if Pegula becomes embarrassed by our situation especially amongst his fellow owners.

It would have to be an unplanned thing with the situation blowing up much worse, perhaps, than Pegula planned for.

Shortly before he was fired by Pegula, Darcy Regier's contract was extended multiple years.  Everyone at that time in Sabres Land was saying the same thing, that Darcy is going nowhere...and that all seemed to make sense.

Right up until the day when, out of nowhere, Pegula fired his ass.

Could/would Pegula do something like that with McBeane?  Has he learned and changed such that he would NOT do it, even if compelled to? Does he think this season is going 100% perfectly according to plan so no big deal?

I don't know.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1