Notable Offensive Moves by McDermott

jrober38

Bills Offensive Moves with McDermott as HC.

- trade Sammy Watkins for 2nd round pick

- signed Vlad Ducasse,  Patrick DiMarco & Andre Holmes 

- don't pick Mahomes or Watson, trade out of the #10 spot

- trade up for Zay Jones

- draft Dion Dawkins

- sign Anquan Boldin 

- trade 3rd round pick for Kelvin Benjamin

- bench Tyrod Taylor so Nate Peterman can play

- trade Cordy Glenn and a 1st round pick to move up in the draft 

- trade Tyrod Taylor 

- sign Chris Ivory 

- trade 1st rounder and two 2nds for Josh Allen

- sign Jeremy Kerley

- trade for Cory Coleman

- cut Cory Coleman

- start Nate Peterman as QB1

- trade AJ McCarron for 5th round pick 

- sign Derek Anderson

- sign Terrell Pryor 

How has McDermott earned another year to try and fix the offense? 

This is their OL, their group of QBs, their RBs, and their WRs, and the offense is scoring 10.6 PPG. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 11

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

- trade up for Zay Jones

- draft Dion Dawkins

- sign Anquan Boldin 

- trade Tyrod Taylor 

- sign Chris Ivory 

- sign Jeremy Kerley

- trade for Cory Coleman

- cut Cory Coleman

- sign Derek Anderson

- sign Terrell Pryor 

This is their OL, their group of QBs, their RBs, and their WRs, and the offense is scoring 10.6 PPG. 

Allen is his and Beane's QB. They need another year so see what they can do with this amount of cap space and 10 draft picks. Playoffs 2019 or fired.

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fans can come on here and whine all they want.  McDermott and Beane are going no where.  You may see a few position coaches or Crossman get fired, but don’t expect any top players to be out of job anytime soon.

So they should just say nothing then? I'm not sure what you're suggesting

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Allen is his and Beane's QB. They need another year so see what they can do with this amount of cap space and 10 draft picks. Playoffs 2019 or fired.

I'd rather those picks get used by someone who actually knows something about modern NFL offensive strategy. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Totally respectable opinion. I'm not their biggest fans, but if Allen looks good (which I'm not big on), and the team just misses out I'd give them another year. 

My view is, that I don't think they'll even do that.

• Like (+1) 1

They gave Peterman the start vs. LAC last year, named him the starter this year and signed no veteran to mentor Allen.  I need no more evidence as to their incompetence.  

The OP is bang on, though missed that McD drafted NP and sold him to the sheep that are Bills fans.....

• Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I'd rather those picks get used by someone who actually knows something about modern NFL offensive strategy. 

Understand but they get another year, that is just the way it needs to be. We need to see if they can have a stellar off season. We also need to know if the QB they picked is any good. At least if they get fired next year we will know with the new coach we need a QB.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fans can come on here and whine all they want.  McDermott and Beane are going no where.  You may see a few position coaches or Crossman get fired, but don’t expect any top players to be out of job anytime soon.

No offense, but you can ***** off with that attitude.  Adjusted for era this is THE WORST offense in the history of the NFL.  Fans have a right to "whine" if they want to.  You, Murphy, Tasker and Brown can all go circle jerk each other about how they are moving in the right direction and how the way they handled the QB situation was prudent, but it is a lie.  Have a nice night.

Understand but they get another year, that is just the way it needs to be. We need to see if they can have a stellar off season. We also need to know if the QB they picked is any good. At least if they get fired next year we will know with the new coach we need a QB.

I don't need to know any of these things.

I've seen enough to know that McDermott and Beane know nothing about offense and I want a new HC and GM in charge making those picks. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

- trade up for Zay Jones

- draft Dion Dawkins

- sign Anquan Boldin 

- trade Tyrod Taylor 

- sign Chris Ivory 

- sign Jeremy Kerley

- trade for Cory Coleman

- cut Cory Coleman

- sign Derek Anderson

- sign Terrell Pryor 

I'll state it time and time again, you also fail to mention both Ritchie Incognito and Eric Wood retired, it was a huge blow to this OL and unexpected. None of us know what happens behind closed doors either or reading that they tried to go after QB's Josh Mccown,  Sam Bradford and Case keenum or sign WR John Brown to a 3 year 21M deal. Who knows what else they tried to do or trade offers they tried to make for players. I'm as unhappy as you about this offense but I wasn't hating it when Allen was in there, he was getting in game action that i thought was crucial and not having a very good backup killed us. I still want to see what this regime can do with a boatload of picks and tons of cap space because I'll be honest I like the way Beane has drafted so far in his 1 year of doing it full time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I don't need to know any of these things.

I've seen enough to know that McDermott and Beane know nothing about offense and I want a new HC and GM in charge making those picks. 

I will set you up a meeting with the Pegula's as early as next week. 

I wonder if there could be a 24 hour ban for starting new threads after a loss. That might make the world a better place. Just leave one standing whiny thread out there for people to shed tears and evacuate themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Augie said:

I wonder if there could be a 24 hour ban for starting new threads after a loss. That might make the world a better place. Just leave one standing whiny thread out there for people to shed tears and evacuate themselves. 

This is a perfectly legitimate thread.

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

- trade up for Zay Jones

- draft Dion Dawkins

- sign Anquan Boldin 

- trade Tyrod Taylor 

- sign Chris Ivory 

- sign Jeremy Kerley

- trade for Cory Coleman

- cut Cory Coleman

- sign Derek Anderson

- sign Terrell Pryor 

You mean Brandon Beane.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Except defense and running teams have made it to the super bowl continuously over the last decade.  Both styles work.  

The NFL now is drastically different than it was 4 years ago.

The current NFL's rules, and their attempt to eliminate big hits and call more holding and PI calls makes it incredibly easy to score points.

The current NFL is about scoring points because that's what the rules encourage. You're encouraged to throw the ball, because in addition to your expected gain (YPA) being greater than your average run (YPC), there are additional penalties baked in (roughing the passer, defensive holding, defensive PI) which making passing a much more lucrative option than running the ball. 

I'm not saying the run is useless, but I am saying that if you can't pass the football extremely well in 2018 you probably won't be very successful. Right now we have the worst offense in at least 20 years and the worst passing game in the league. 

Our coach is completely ignoring rule changes and basic probabilities by wanting to keep playing defense first, trying to win the field position battle and limit turnovers on offense.

What we do philosophically is nothing like what you see from any of the top teams around the league.  

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 3