You do learn something new every day - you can interfere within one yard of the line of scrimmage?

bbb

5 minutes ago, bbb said:

How have I never known that?  What the hell purpose does that serve??

Richard Sherman knocked Robert Woods on his butt by the end zone at the end of the game when we played Seattle in a night game a few years ago.  Same type of play except the ball was not thrown to Woods.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a stupid rule Imo. Chances are the defender wouldnt have time to realize the reciever is only within 1 yard of the line. If a team had a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, why would a defense not just blow up every reciever immediately? It's legal right? The rule seems stupid 

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Ball was tipped, he was behind the LOS.

common knowledge, no penalty. 

The ball was not tipped.  Not according to the announcers or the Fox ref.  I know that rule. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Ball was clearly tipped...and reciever was clearly behind the LOS...

No penalty. ReWatch the game and see for yourself. 

I am not rewatching that game for anything.

I'm 99% sure you are wrong on it being tipped.  I'm 100% sure you are wrong that he was behind the LOS.  Darryl Johnston thought he was well past one yard away, and then did say on the replay, he was wrong, he was about one yard off the LOS.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

I'm 99% sure you are wrong on it being tipped.  I'm 100% sure you are wrong that he was behind the LOS.  Darryl Johnston thought he was well past one yard away, and then did say on the replay, he was wrong, he was about one yard off the LOS.

I’m sure you’ll see the play sooner or later, when you do, think of me. ?

Edited by PittsforDave

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No tipped ball and no penalty within 1 yard of the LoS. 

Thank you.

Just now, PittsforDave said:

The ball was tipped, I re-watched it multiple times. If you need proof re-watch the play.

I’m sure you’ll see it sonner than later, when you do, think of me. ?

It doesn't even matter if it was tipped, per my new understanding, as long as it was within one yard of the LOS.  That's what I'm talking about. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

Thank you.

It doesn't even matter if it was tipped, per my new understanding, as long as it was within one yard of the LOS.  That's what I'm talking about. 

We were pissed about this play. We rewound it several times to make sure the call was accurate. The call was accurate. Reciever was behind the LOS when contacted and ball was tipped by a D Lineman. 

23 minutes ago, bbb said:

It was not “clearly” tipped but it would have been questioned. We know how that usually goes for us. I’d guess yes. 

What are the odds that the Patriots known this and ALWAYS throw the ball 2-3 yards (or even 13 inches) past the LOS? 

Edited by Augie

18 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

We were pissed about this play. We rewound it several times to make sure the call was accurate. The call was accurate. Reciever was behind the LOS when contacted and ball was tipped by a D Lineman. 

You're not right about this.  Ball wasn't tipped and the receiver was just beyond the LOS.

• Like (+1) 3