Jump to content
26CornerBlitz

Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Chris Ivory Out, Wyatt Teller Starting at LG, and Levi Wallace Starting at CB

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GG said:

 

Since he didn't get surgery on the elbow, the only cure is time to heal.  There's no way that he can go from not being able to throw at all to suddenly starting.  The risk to reaggravating the nerve is too big.   You do not throw him out there one week before the bye and sitting on a 2-7 record. 

 

It's a UCL sprain and he did begin throwing in rehab sessions on Friday and Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

It's a UCL sprain and he did begin throwing in rehab sessions on Friday and Saturday. 

 

Whether it's a formal UCL sprain is immaterial to me compared to Allen's reaction to the sideline test during the game.   Sure looked like the nerve was affected, and there's zero reason to rush him back to action one week before the bye and the season under the bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GG said:

 

Whether it's a formal UCL sprain is immaterial to me compared to Allen's reaction to the sideline test during the game.   Sure looked like the nerve was affected, and there's zero reason to rush him back to action one week before the bye and the season under the bridge

 

He needs as many in game snaps as possible to quicken his learning curve.  This season is all about his continued development as soon as he returns to good health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

He needs as many in game snaps as possible to quicken his learning curve.  This season is all about his continued development as soon as he returns to good health. 

 

Because you're running a much greater risk at reaggravating the injury if you rush him back.   The risk vs reward on this type of injury is way off the charts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GG said:

 

Because you're running a much greater risk at reaggravating the injury if you rush him back.   The risk vs reward on this type of injury is way off the charts.

 

He shouldn't be rushed back.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Good news for the people that still have unfinished chores from today, there’s always next Sunday.

 

yeah also those of us who have $5000 burning a hole in our pockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Would preparation really help?

Preparation won't help when you have a offensive line that can't block and receivers who drop balls or can't get open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of these rookie QBs ending up awful would sure make Allen being a bust easier to swallow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDermott Monday Presser at 4 PM ET with Daboll and Frazier to follow at 4:30.

 

Will post live Twitter and Facebook presser links as they become available: Buffalo Bills Video Live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kwai San said:

 

This matchup has all the makings of a MAJOR snoozefest.....all who watch will rue the day.....

The Jets have an excellent, talented defense. I don't expect things to go well for the Bills offense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets have an excellent, talented defense. I don't expect things to go well for the Bills offense. 

Agreed. There is a lot to like about the Jets D. One question, how can one really tell when things aren’t going well for the Bills offense? Seems we’d need a comparative good performance to gauge against. Do any of us remember such a performance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Agreed. There is a lot to like about the Jets D. One question, how can one really tell when things aren’t going well for the Bills offense? Seems we’d need a comparative good performance to gauge against. Do any of us remember such a performance? 

The new standard Bills offensive performance measure should be TDs scored by the other team while they're on the field.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dave mcbride said:

The new standard Bills offensive performance measure should be TDs scored by the other team while they're on the field.

Glad we held Chicago to two then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GG said:

 

Because you're running a much greater risk at reaggravating the injury if you rush him back.   The risk vs reward on this type of injury is way off the charts.

 

...reps yes....repairs no..........rushing back to an "in the hunt" 2-7 club?.........Tuh-rod Peterman was your leading rusher?...r u kidding ?...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GG said:

 

Because you're running a much greater risk at reaggravating the injury if you rush him back.   The risk vs reward on this type of injury is way off the charts.

There's absolutely nothing to be gained by rushing Josh Allen back this season. This offensive line can't protect him anyway and if he returns, he'll just get injured again. Send Peterman,  Barkley or DA out there as your sacrificial lambs. These 3 wont be on the team next year anyway.  Use these last 7 games to evaluate the entire offensive line and wide receivers as most of them will be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

All of these rookie QBs ending up awful would sure make Allen being a bust easier to swallow.

Wouldn't it be funny and ironic if in 2 years he ends up being slightly better than these other 3 guys once we get him some weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×