Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Chris Ivory Out, Wyatt Teller Starting at LG, and Levi Wallace Starting at CB

Scouting Report Week 10 - Bills vs. Jets

jbpz7ray4suf7eiynvlc.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Jerry Hughes vs. Kelvin Beachum
2 – Jordan Mills vs. Leonard Williams
3 – Terrelle Pryor vs. Morris Claiborne

Bills Top 2 Advantages
Good advantage – Pass rush
Best advantage – Pass defense

Bills Number 1 Must
Force turnovers

Scouting Eye
Darnold dinged
Enunwa back in the fold
Big play victims
Getting off the field
Shotgun problem?

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Are you in the Bills locker room and privy to every conversation about the QB? Never said I knew he wasn't 100%, nor am I claiming to be any sort of expert? But the obvious now being aside, my slightly informed guess (personal experience as well as from speaking with friends who are ortho surgeons and have handled these cases, since you seem to care about citing opinions) is that he isn't 100% as a UCL sprain second degree is not nothing, and while he could be 100% by Sunday, there's a greater likelihood based upon the average prognosis (several weeks to several months, depending - JHU ortho source for a third party source here) of UCL grade 2 sprains that he may be 90-95% by now at best.

Granted, he is a QB so it is different than my own personal experience (collegiate baseball, pitching) and multiple UCL sprains at various grades as the throwing motion is different. But since it's a grade 2, or at least was last I checked, and he didn't have surgery for it, it would still be partially torn - there will always be a risk of a greater tear, even with PT to strengthen the supporting muscle group. 

Point is what are you so eager to have him back for this Sunday as opposed to after the bye? Is he going to really learn more in this one game that missing it would really set him back that much? Trust me, I get the reason to get him experience so he can develop. He'll get that after the bye, no problem.

If anything, and if he's healthy enough, have him play a few snaps/drives to see how he's feeling in game to further assess. That's why they have him throwing this week in practice. Kid will bounce back and be fine (not to jinx anything), but don't get all crazy about him not playing one meaningless game that we're honestly better off losing at this point.

Where are you getting that this was a grade 2 sprain and not a grade 1 sprain?

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How do you know he's not 100% healthy?

How do you know that he risks making his UCL worse?

Are you a doctor?

I know I’m not and I do agree with you to a point.

I, however, hope common sense prevails and the Bills keep Allen out this week. Get him back after the bye. Two extra weeks certainly can’t hurt.

27 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I know I’m not and I do agree with you to a point.

I, however, hope common sense prevails and the Bills keep Allen out this week. Get him back after the bye. Two extra weeks certainly can’t hurt.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills QB Josh Allen (right elbow) remained limited in practice Thursday, while QB Derek Anderson (concussion) remained out. If neither can play Sunday against the Jets, Nathan Peterman is expected to start at quarterback.

That must have been one hell of a hit that caused the concussion 

10 hours ago, nucci said:

why sit if he practices and is healthy to play?

After sitting for 2 weeks due to injury and not taking full reps in the week of practice leading into the game why rush him back?  Buffalo isnt running the table.  They are not making the playoffs.  After Sunday they go on the bye. Get Allen back 100% give him all the reps during the off week and following week. See if Allen can get the team to win more than lose down the stretch.  End 2018 on a high note with a hopeful franchise qb.  

• Like (+1) 3

While I think Darnold will be better in the long run, McCown may actually be better for the Jets' offense this week.

McCown quietly had MUCH better stats last year (94 passer rating) than what darnold has this year (68 passer rating), throwing to the same lousy receivers. Darnold also has concerning turnover tendencies. 

I think Allen is going to start Sunday. Sounds like he's taking more and more reps and has more of a role in the offense now... especially with what Pryor has said about him.

Peterman just isn't an option at this point. I think McDermott is hoping Barkley can get up to speed this week if worst comes to worst.

But in the end, Allen practiced yesterday and practiced more today. So no setbacks.

Allen starts Sunday  :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Allen is going to start Sunday. Sounds like he's taking more and more reps and has more of a role in the offense now... especially with what Pryor has said about him.

Peterman just isn't an option at this point. I think McDermott is hoping Barkley can get up to speed this week if worst comes to worst.

But in the end, Allen practiced yesterday and practiced more today. So no setbacks.

Allen starts Sunday  :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow but I'm with ya on this one

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He'll be "limited" again tomorrow and then "questionable" for Sunday.

Then on Sunday, he starts.

I don't know I think if he's starting Sunday he probably won't be limited tomorrow. He's started doing team drills the last couple days and with the narrative coming from the Bills I really do think there is a good chance he starts.

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know I think if he's starting Sunday he probably won't be limited tomorrow. He's started doing team drills the last couple days and with the narrative coming from the Bills I really do think there is a good chance he starts.

I put limited in quotes because I don't think he's going to actually be limited.

It's just a title for the sake of a competitive advantage, like "questionable" will be.

Remember, the media can't watch the team portion of practice. I'm sure Allen took most/all of the 1st team reps today just like he will tomorrow.