Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Chris Ivory Out, Wyatt Teller Starting at LG, and Levi Wallace Starting at CB

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Who cares what Shady has to say. He's having an awful final season with the Bills. Give the ball to Ivory & Murphy and move on. There's no way he's here next year. 

;) Quite a few people seem to care and the team certainly plans to have him back.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If he's not full go by today, that is ALL I need to know. He will have plenty more starts AFTER the Jets. They are pretty dumb over there so I expect them to rush him back this week.

He's not a full go today for a team with the MOST CONSERVATIVE COACH IN THE NFL!!!

You have no clue as to whether this was a case of McDermott, hearing from the doctors, that Allen is now healthy and doesn't risk injuring his UCL further, but deciding to continue to ease Allen back into throwing in order to see how he feels day by day.

OR

If this is team doctors saying he's still iffy and this is part of the rehab and recovery.

If it's the former, Allen should start Sunday.

If it's the latter, he shouldn't.

You're clearly assuming it's the latter, and I don't know why.  McDermott is a fantastic defensive coach, but he makes extremely head-scratching and often uber conservative decisions based on the QB position.

Sean McDermott: "Be Themselves and Add Value" (10:26)

HC Sean McDermott talks about injury updates, the progression of Josh Allen, LeSean McCoy and more.

Josh Allen: "Feels Like Football Again" (9:22)

QB Josh Allen talks about returning to practice, how he's feeling, the positives he took from being out a few weeks and more.

Jets' QB Sam Darnold to Miss Bills Game with Foot Sprain

0ap3000000985548.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

Sam Darnold is limping into the middle portion of his rookie season.

The New York Jets quarterback has a boot on his right foot and is in street clothes at Wednesday's practice, the team announced. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Darnold is dealing with a foot sprain, which will sideline him for Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. Rapoport adds Darnold will be re-evaluated on a week-by-week basis following the team's Week 11 bye.

The No. 3 overall pick took a beating in the Jets' Week 9 loss in Miami and said after the game that he got dinged up.

"Yeah, I feel fine, some bumps and some bruises, but everything is good," Darnold said on Monday, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

By Wednesday he was in a walking boot.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The only thing dumber this group of idiots could do is start Allen this weekend. The freaking bye is coming up and he JUST STARTED throwing. Nobody gives a crap if you win or lose this shiitbag match-up so stop trying to rush Allen out there just to save face. Fire the GM and get an offensive minded guy in while trying to find a coach who has same philosophy. This blue collared football mentality is dead and never coming back........

I agree with this but for different reasons more so in line with developing Allen properly and not rushing him back after injury. You lost me at the call for the FO's jobs, though I certainly understand the frustration. 

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

McCown gives the Jets a better chance.  He tore us apart last year.

Yep - weirdly enough I'd also play McCown over Darnold if you were trying to win. No reason to play Allen or Darnold if they aren't 100%; we'll see the rookies play in December anyway for whatever that will be worth.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When tickets are cheaper than the beer...

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I agree with this but for different reasons more so in line with developing Allen properly and not rushing him back after injury. You lost me at the call for the FO's jobs, though I certainly understand the frustration. 

Yep - weirdly enough I'd also play McCown over Darnold if you were trying to win. No reason to play Allen or Darnold if they aren't 100%; we'll see the rookies play in December anyway for whatever that will be worth.

When tickets are cheaper than the beer...

They are a bad value even at $0

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A lot to like in this article - granted, it's written by BB.com and he's being praised by Ray Ray! :D

Still, let's hope that the way DA operates as a vet, rubs off on Allen...