Critical must lose game next Sunday

RPbillsfan

36 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I guarantee that we will pass on a quarterback in the upcoming draft because of Allen. I guarantee that that quarterback will become a Hall of Famer, and Allen will suck.

Lets draft a QB high because you wanna give up on Allen after 5 games? 

What a load of ????

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

As long as Allen does not play, I don't think we are capable of winning a football game.

If he does play, he will have some rust to shake off and he's still pretty terrible anyway.  

We're looking at a solid top 3 pick IMO.

As other posters have already noted, the Bills have had a number of top 3 picks over the years and other than those great six years from 88 to 94 haven't done much with them.  I personally have no faith in management to know what to do with or how to develop a top 3 pick....its a short list of exceptions (Simpson - and they tried to screw that up save for Lou Saban, Bruce Smith and Kelly come to mind).  

4 minutes ago, chaccof said:

As other posters have already noted, the Bills have had a number of top 3 picks over the years and other than those great six years from 88 to 94 haven't done much with them.  I personally have no faith in management to know what to do with or how to develop a top 3 pick....its a short list of exceptions (Simpson - and they tried to screw that up save for Lou Saban, Bruce Smith and Kelly come to mind).  

Yeah, having high draft picks is a bad idea because McD&Beane have drafted so terribly.  We should win 2 or 3 meaningless games because draft position doesn’t matter.

55 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I guarantee that we will pass on a quarterback in the upcoming draft because of Allen. I guarantee that that quarterback will become a Hall of Famer, and Allen will suck.

Haha as is tradition.. sadly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I predict the difference between top 5 and top ten pick in 2019 will not make a significant difference in the Bills overall future success. 

I predict something that is not provable...

1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

People do realize that this draft is loaded with DL talent (aka what we're not looking for) and very few guys worthy of top 10 picks on offense (aka what we need)? All the other teams mentioned above except for Arizona will more than likely be taking defense so we probably won't have to compete with other teams for OT Jonah Williams or whichever WR we'd want to grab.

All good - we would then trade our top 3 or whatever pick for two later picks (say a later first and a second).  Almost an entire O to build.  

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I predict something that is not provable...

Well, most of what is discussed on this board is not provable. This player should have been picked , that player wouldn’t have been good in Buffalo etc. We do know that good players are found throughout the draft by many teams. Save for a franchise QB that the Bills probably won’t be picking next year , the concern shouldn’t be so much about a slot or two of draft position. It should be on those doing the drafting. Lots of teams flounder even with years of high picks. This forum is far from a scientific exercise. 

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I looked at the Jets message boards and there were some threads there hoping they will lose to the Bills, in the hopes that Bowles will get fired.  Many Jet fans are even giving props to our Defense saying as long as Peterman doesn’t throw his usual pick 6s Bills win.  

Pretty funny I bet at least a quarter of Bills and Jets fans will be rooting for the other team Sunday 

Pretty much what I saw as well.  Gang Green pretty demoralized after losing to the Dolphins.

6 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Yes. If there is a better prospect than Allen, you 100% take him.

I can agree, I mean if someone come draft time is a killer prospect grab him. Doesn't mean we're giving up on JA (and he hasn't made the best of his limited opportunities), JA continues to start and the better QB eventually gets entrenched.

Although I'm still pretty gung-ho about trading down to some desperate team for a ton of picks and doubt there's a great quarterback to justify a QB.

We should beat the jets if they put up the stats they did today against Miami.  Darnold looked bad yet again (by the numbers anyhow) - 50% comp, 200 yards, 4 int and 4 sacks.  Tough times there.  

The only games I'm really curious about left are the jets (darnold) and anytime JA is playing.  As this year progresses I'm becoming more and more convinced that JA is more desirable than darnold and Rosen.  

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Pretty much what I saw as well.  Gang Green pretty demoralized after losing to the Dolphins.

Are they trashing Darnold as so many here are doing to JA?

We're 2-7 right now. Some of you want to play Allen just to win meaningless games? He just got injured bad. Now, he's rushing back to get injured again. Sounds stupid. Mathematically speaking, playoff chances are near zero now. Barkley is not going to do anything here. Philly and Chicago passed on him. To me, that says a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

We're 2-7 right now. Some of you want to play Allen just to win meaningless games? He just got injured bad. Now, he's rushing back to get injured again. Sounds stupid. Mathematically speaking, playoff chances are near zero now. Barkley is not going to do anything here. Philly and Chicago passed on him. To me, that says a lot.

I'm ok with loses at this stage but if JA is 100% then he should play.  I'm hoping the second jets game is JA vs Darnold.

Edited by sleeby

1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

People do realize that this draft is loaded with DL talent (aka what we're not looking for) and very few guys worthy of top 10 picks on offense (aka what we need)? All the other teams mentioned above except for Arizona will more than likely be taking defense so we probably won't have to compete with other teams for OT Jonah Williams or whichever WR we'd want to grab.

So.. knowing that, maybe Beane could have not gone all defense in the past draft and get offense we desperately needed and gotten his DL this draft.. I mean he had to know the draft class coming up when he goes Harrison Phillips over interior O Line