I realize that ppl don’t want to hear this but the plan looks like....

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

So it's safe to say you don't have any new material. Fair enough.

No, it's just the only reaction to a guy that posts stuff about selecting Mike Williams, as if it has a damn thing to do with this regime and the problems with this year.  When you do that, all you're doing is crying like a three year old.  That's your problem, not mine.

The current regime miscalculated on some things this year, and now are going to have to use this off season to put some major pieces around their young QB.  I have said that repeatedly now.  You?  for some ridiculous reason you bring up Mike Williams.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

No, it's just the only reaction to a guy that posts stuff about selecting Mike Williams, as if it has a damn thing to do with this regime and the problems with this year.  When you do that, all you're doing is crying like a three year old.  That's your problem, not mine.

The current regime miscalculated on some things this year, and now are going to have to use this off season to put some major pieces around their young QB.  I have said that repeatedly now.  You?  for some ridiculous reason you bring up Mike Williams.

You're telling me the entire purpose of the atrocity I'm witnessing is to acquire a top 5 pick. I'm telling you that Mike Williams was a top 5 pick and was garbage. 

I know, I know. Beane would NEVER screw up a top 5 pick because his track record of success is second to none. I suppose the problem is that some of us just don't have enough faith and not the sh*t product they're putting on the field every week.

It's the fast food generation and TwitSpace I tell ya!

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Hence the use of the phrase "be patient" at the end of OPs post. 

i've been waiting 20 years for them to try to pretend to start building a contender

yeah, i can wait 20 more years i guess

Just now, blacklabel said:

Hence the use of the phrase "be patient" at the end of OPs post. 

faster then some would think though

Not super bowl good next year.......but much improved especially on offense and fun to watch again

Just now, row_33 said:

i've been waiting 20 years for them to try to pretend to start building a contender

yeah, i can wait 20 more years i guess

Going 8-8 and recycling another coaching staff is not going to get you there any sooner sir

It will just be more of the same

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You're telling me the entire purpose of the atrocity I'm witnessing is to acquire a top 5 pick. I'm telling you that Mike Williams was a top 5 pick and was garbage. 

I know, I know. Beane would NEVER screw up a top 5 pick because his track record of success is second to none. I suppose the problem is that some of us just don't have enough faith and not the sh*t product they're putting on the field every week.

It's the fast food generation and TwitSpace I tell ya!

I said nothing of the sort.  You are confusing me with someone else.  Nowhere did I say they are doing this to acquire a top 5 pick.  So we can add reading incomprehension to your list of issues.

Let me type this slowly so you can understand:  the current performance of the team is on the head coach and GM.

I'll repeat so maybe for once you will actually comprehend it:  the current performance of the team is on the head coach and the GM. 

The current performance.  Which has exactly nothing to do with the selection of Donte Whitner or Mike Williamsor Marcel Dareus.  None, Nothing, Zip.  Zilch. Zero.

I think they made a mistake trading Lamonica to the Raiders.  Your crying, and it is crying, about what happened 10-20 years ago as if it somehow has any bearing on today makes as much sense as me blaming Beane for trading Lamonica.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think they made a mistake trading Lamonica to the Raiders.  Your crying, and it is crying, about what happened 10-20 years ago as if it somehow has any bearing on today makes as much sense as me blaming Beane for trading Lamonica.

Never understood why the Bills traded Lamonica, lol. Actually, Kemp was viewed as a winner and there was no reason to think the Bills would collapse in '67 like they did. Btw, Kemp's stats in '67 were Petermanesque. 43.6% completion %, 14TDs, 26 INTs. 

Anyhow, with respect to the topic at hand, tanking doesn't necessarily accomplish anything. Look at the Browns. Even the Rams had to go through 3 tank like seasons before finally emerging with a good team. You need a good front office and there is nothing thusfar that suggests that McBeane are the ones capable of doing it. Botching the QB situation like they have done doesn't help the team a bit in the future because nothing was done to help Allen be a better QB next year.  Homers have to rely on a tanking/rebuild theory because it's the only way to survive this year's debacle.

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Never understood why the Bills traded Lamonica, lol. Actually, Kemp was viewed as a winner and there was no reason to think the Bills would collapse in '67 like they did. Btw, Kemp's stats in '67 were Petermanesque. 43.6% completion %, 14TDs, 26 INTs. 

Anyhow, with respect to the topic at hand, tanking doesn't necessarily accomplish anything. Look at the Browns. Even the Rams had to go through 3 tank like seasons before finally emerging with a good team. You need a good front office and there is nothing thusfar that suggests that McBeane are the ones capable of doing it. Botching the QB situation like they have done doesn't help the team a bit in the future because nothing was done to help Allen be a better QB next year.  Homers have to rely on a tanking/rebuild theory because it's the only way to survive this year's debacle.

or...it just makes the most sense

And while the browns have done it and failed.....we dont know if the bills will do it and fail...there are actually plenty of success stories of teams having bad seasons to accumulate talent and then coming back strong.

The only teams that actually do well NOT doing it are those that luck into franchise QBs.  If you dont have Tom Brady then you have to be good talent at other positions as well.

I honestly dont think they expected to be this bad on offense....but do you notice that nobody has been fired yet?   This is a tell tale sign of it being part of the plan

10 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Sounds like we can have a reasonable dialog here, but let's drop the homer stuff.  we all should be homers, we all want them to succeed.  There is evidence to suggest Beane can get this turned around.  His draft last year has given us our potential leaders on both O and D, a solid DT in Phillips, a solid slot CB in Johnson, and hopefully a good G in Teller.  He clearly has to focus on the offensive side of the ball this coming offseason.  Let's see what he does there.

The QB thing?  They should have brought a vet in when McCarron got traded, they didn't, Beane admits he should have.  I'm not sure the equation may have changed much, but learn from your mistake.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

That one statement right there indicates why no one here should take your opinions seriously.  Allen doesn't get hurt we look a lot better.

The Bills were scoring like 13 points a game with Allen under centre. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

They are there for the taking with long term contracts. What the FO here does with that is out of my control. The O-line should be the #1 priority for Beane come free agency. 

Here is the list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

Half the teams in the league have enough cap space to feel this way.

Overpaying for free agents is how the Bills got in this mess in the first place. 

No one is going to sign up to join a team that scores 10 points a week unless you pay them more than everyone else is offering. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

And Winston?  How many picks was he throwing for the Bucs when he got pulled?  Yet he's your answer.

We looked better with Allen.  No one can seriously question that.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

There do appear to be some solid guard and centers in that free agent class

You take Jonah at 5...move Dawkins to LG.....free agent Center.....free agent OG.....and Mills

That OL is LIGHT years better then what we have now

Acting like the OL is our only problem on O is laughable.

The Bills need to get drastically better on the OL, at QB, at RB and at WR. 

The whole offense should be overhauled. That's not happening in one offseason. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Half the teams in the league have enough cap space to feel this way.

Overpaying for free agents is how the Bills got in this mess in the first place. 

No one is going to sign up to join a team that scores 10 points a week unless you pay them more than everyone else is offering. 

Isn't that how it typically works?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

And Winston?  How many picks was he throwing for the Bucs when he got pulled?  Yet he's your answer.

We looked better with Allen.  No one can seriously question that.

We looked better with Allen. Sure.

That's like saying, I'd rather drink the milk that expired two weeks ago vs the milk that expired 2 months ago.

Neither is actually going to be good for you.

Reality is that Allen was the worst starting QB in the NFL when he got hurt. Sure he's better than the other guys, but there are probably 45-50 QBs in the NFL who are better than the other guys and only about 20 of them are actually franchise calibre players, so who cares? 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Acting like the OL is our only problem on O is laughable.

The Bills need to get drastically better on the OL, at QB, at RB and at WR. 

The whole offense should be overhauled. That's not happening in one offseason. 

I did not say that the OL is the only problem.....WHERE DID I SAY THAT

Our WR's are aweful....there is not one even close to legit number 1 on the team....Zay is a 3 at best....KB shouldnt even be here.....Pryor just came in MAYBE he is a 2

Our RBs are fine.....this points to the OL

The WHOLE thing does not need to be overhauled extreme weaknesses at some positions are hurting other positions.

If our OL was made a strength.....and we had a legit number 1 WR and a good TE....this team would look way different

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Isn't that how it typically works?

Yes, which is why I think it's ridiculous that people assume the mass of cap space is going to solve all our problems. 

Cap space is best used extending players you drafted 12+ months before their contracts expire.

It's poorly used when used to sign high price free agents for above market value in unrestricted free agency. Doing that is why we wound up in the problematic cap situation Whaley created. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

We looked better with Allen. Sure.

That's like saying, I'd rather drink the milk that expired two weeks ago vs the milk that expired 2 months ago.

Neither is actually going to be good for you.

Reality is that Allen was the worst starting QB in the NFL when he got hurt. Sure he's better than the other guys, but there are probably 45-50 QBs in the NFL who are better than the other guys and only about 20 of them are actually franchise calibre players, so who cares? 

the raw rookie qb was better then the other guys....but who cares?   Because the raw rookie QB has the ability to get better.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

My guess is that in 3 years Allen will have been permanently benched long before Winston was. 

Just tap out and go talk to Joe Rogan.   

He ended you with the Jameis Winston talk.  

No reason to grasp for air with this hope Allen is a bust nonsense.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I did not say that the OL is the only problem.....WHERE DID I SAY THAT

Our WR's are aweful....there is not one even close to legit number 1 on the team....Zay is a 3 at best....KB shouldnt even be here.....Pryor just came in MAYBE he is a 2

Our RBs are fine.....this points to the OL

The WHOLE thing does not need to be overhauled extreme weaknesses at some positions are hurting other positions.

If our OL was made a strength.....and we had a legit number 1 WR and a good TE....this team would look way different

Sure, but like I said you're not fixing all those problems in one offseason. 

I may be getting old (well, I am)....  but this too shall pass.

I have thought for many years the team needed to go through one of these type of seasons - stop trying to piece together a 9-7 team for a single season to keep a job...  People need to chill out.

It is unfortunate that Josh Allen injured his elbow.  If he were playing, this team would look better than it does without him.  Not a doubt in my mind.  We need help on the OL - and even more help at WR and TE. What is great to see is that the Defense is geared up for winning.  There are a few guys there who are going to be gone, but it is still a pretty young defense which will be here when the offense comes around next season.

When you are as bad as the bills, a lot of numbers look worse.