I realize that ppl don’t want to hear this but the plan looks like....

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Sure. 

Winston would be a massive upgrade over the garbage we've fielded at QB this year. 

That one statement right there indicates why no one here should take your opinions seriously.  Allen doesn't get hurt we look a lot better.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You act like no one else in the NFL is going to try and upgrade their offensive line.

Every team ranking in the top 5 of cap space needs offensive line help. 

There's no magic wand that's going to upgrade this offense in one offseason, especially when you consider how inept this regime has been at evaluating that side of the ball. 

They are there for the taking with long term contracts. What the FO here does with that is out of my control. The O-line should be the #1 priority for Beane come free agency. 

Here is the list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

58 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I would bet any amount of money that McDermott and Beane expected this team to be better this year than they were a year ago.

Their thinking that you can win in this league still by playing field position and conservative offense is all you need to know. If they thought they could repeat last year with a raw Tyrod with a higher ceiling shows they have no idea how to run an offense in this league. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sure. 

Winston would be a massive upgrade over the garbage we've fielded at QB this year. 

So, what you are saying is that you are to Winston what McDermott is to Peterman? Que Tammy Wynette's "Stand by your man." Clearly you really have no credibility on this issue.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That one statement right there indicates why no one here should take your opinions seriously.  Allen doesn't get hurt we look a lot better.

Better the Peterman I will give you that but you still have to throw the ball in this league and averaging less the 100 yrds a game through the air isn't going to win you many. 

20 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You act like no one else in the NFL is going to try and upgrade their offensive line.

Every team ranking in the top 5 of cap space needs offensive line help. 

There's no magic wand that's going to upgrade this offense in one offseason, especially when you consider how inept this regime has been at evaluating that side of the ball. 

The state of the Bills will make it very hard to sign quality FAs unless we drastically overpay this spring. 

There do appear to be some solid guard and centers in that free agent class

You take Jonah at 5...move Dawkins to LG.....free agent Center.....free agent OG.....and Mills

That OL is LIGHT years better then what we have now

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There do appear to be some solid guard and centers in that free agent class

You take Jonah at 5...move Dawkins to LG.....free agent Center.....free agent OG.....and Mills

That OL is LIGHT years better then what we have now

and no other team is going to offer a more attractive package 17 ways through Sunday?

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Better the Peterman I will give you that but you still have to throw the ball in this league and averaging less the 100 yrds a game through the air isn't going to win you many. 

I think Allen was starting to come on when he got hurt.  He was getting the ball out quicker, more accurate.

I'll give you this:  assuming they add talent to the offensive side of the ball next season (talent meaning at least two starting O linemen, a starting WR, and maybe a TE), if they still run an offense focused just on short passes and still make less of an impact through the air, I'll be right with you.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Go back and look again I am always positive but said several times I didn’t know what this team was going to look like

You don’t draft high by being good or even mediocre which is actually a big part of the bills problem

Yes, because Marcel Dareus, Donte Whitner, and big John Stud Mike Williams turned this franchise around!

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think Allen was starting to come on when he got hurt.  He was getting the ball out quicker, more accurate.

I'll give you this:  assuming they add talent to the offensive side of the ball next season (talent meaning at least two starting O linemen, a starting WR, and maybe a TE), if they still run an offense focused just on short passes and still make less of an impact through the air, I'll be right with you.

That's the minimal talent upgrade on O -- they really need considerably more, including a rb under thirty who is good.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yes, because Marcel Dareus, Donte Whitner, and big John Stud Mike Williams turned this franchise around!

I really think your missing the point

Middling teams continue to be middling......they have tried everything from overpaying free agents to rinse wash and repeat on coaches......

What they seldom try is actually rebiulding the team from the ground up.....as a matter a fact they hardly EVER try that......they hardly ever try drafting a top 10 QB.....it happens very seldom go back and look at the amount of seasons we have had as a middling team as opposed to rock bottom......one far outways the other.

Its about trying to solve the problem they are doing it a different way.

Now I will say this.   I dont think even THEY thought they were going to be this bad on offense....to me that is the Tyrod Taylor effect but it is what it is.   This season is lost and if ppl can just get their minds wrapped around that and figure out what to fix it in the next offseason they would be much happier.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yes, and Beane drafted every one of them. 

Get the following through your head, you and the others crying this morning, once and for all:

1.  No one is happy with things the way they are.  No one.  No one on this board, and no one at OBD.

2.  Blaming the current coach and front office for things that happened 10-20 years ago is pointless and stupid.

3.  Everyone agrees that Beane and McDermott have to figure this out.  Part of that is using the cap space they - yes - created (to bet rid of what they considered bloated contracts) and the draft picks they accumulated to do a serious upgrade to the talent, especially on offense.  And that their jobs depend on it.

• Like (+1) 1

It's kind of easy to be an unabashed homer in Riverside.

Somehow, I don't think you'd be quite so forgiving if you were actually spending money on tickets to watch this so called "process" unfold.

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes, and Beane drafted every one of them. 

Get the following through your head, you and the others crying this morning, once and for all:

1.  No one is happy with things the way they are.  No one.  No one on this board, and no one at OBD.

2.  Blaming the current coach and front office for things that happened 10-20 years ago is pointless and stupid.

3.  Everyone agrees that Beane and McDermott have to figure this out.  Part of that is using the cap space they - yes - created (to bet rid of what they considered bloated contracts) and the draft picks they accumulated to do a serious upgrade to the talent, especially on offense.  And that their jobs depend on it.

The crying schtick is really tired. Get some new material.

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Somehow, I don't think you'd be quite so forgiving if you were actually spending money on tickets to watch this so called "process" unfold.

Dude

I have been a fan of this team (and spending money on it) since before the Super Bowl years....I have no idea of how long YOU have been a fan of this team but you need to seriously reconsider this line of thinking.......

If you are thinking because you are a season ticket holder you think you have the right to look down on others that dont live in the area but support the team your WAY off base.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really think your missing the point

Middling teams continue to be middling......they have tried everything from overpaying free agents to rinse wash and repeat on coaches......

What they seldom try is actually rebiulding the team from the ground up.....as a matter a fact they hardly EVER try that......they hardly ever try drafting a top 10 QB.....it happens very seldom go back and look at the amount of seasons we have had as a middling team as opposed to rock bottom......one far outways the other.

Its about trying to solve the problem they are doing it a different way.

Now I will say this.   I dont think even THEY thought they were going to be this bad on offense....to me that is the Tyrod Taylor effect but it is what it is.   This season is lost and if ppl can just get their minds wrapped around that and figure out what to fix it in the next offseason they would be much happier.

My point is that top 5/10 picks don't mean nearly as much as you seem to think, as our last 3 have proven.

One top 5 pick is not going to change the trajectory of this franchise unless it's a quarterback, and we already (supposedly) have one.

They are not tanking for a pick. They're just not any good.

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The crying schtick is really tired. Get some new material.

Then quit crying.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

My point is that top 5/10 picks don't mean nearly as much as you seem to think, as our last 3 have proven.

One top 5 pick is not going to change the trajectory of this franchise unless it's a quarterback, and we already (supposedly) have one.

They are not tanking for a pick. They're just not any good.

And they have intentionally not done anything to improve it......do you see the trend here?

And when you stop and think about what actually got them where they are at this moment.....shedding salaries to get rid of players that were not going to make this team a contender.....you see that they have no intention of taking that 90 million in salary cap space and overspending it on players again.   They will probably target a select few (I am hoping offensive linemen) and draft heavy on offense......depending on where they pick they can get an impact player even if it is a pass rusher....I think they will not be able to get into the top 3 because there are worse teams in the league.

but top 5 can get you Jonah......and then if they decide they really want to improve at more positions there will be trade down suiters......and picking several times in the first 3 rounds WILL improve this team.

That is how they are going to have to do it.......draft well and be selective on free agents.......Beane will NOT spend all of that 90 million on average players