I realize that ppl don’t want to hear this but the plan looks like....

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

I would bet any amount of money that prior to this year they thought they'd improve off their 9-7 finish a year ago. 

They fired the OC because they wanted to get better on O.

They game Lotuleilei a boat load of money because they wanted to shore up the run D. 

They traded up for Edmunds because they wanted to shore up and upgrade the LB position.

Nothing about their offseason suggested they were tanking. 

I suppose it can be debated how you define tanking, but it was obvious when virtually all available resources were spent to build the defense and draft a QB, while virtually nothing was spent on the rest of the offense, that while they were hoping for the best, they were not really planning to win this year.  Call it what you will.  The hysteria around here is comical.  

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I recall you being pretty positive, and at times insultingly so.... actually clicking in your history just found you predicting 10-6 and an improvement from last year going into camp which is a stark difference from this 

Unless you are including yourself in that group 

Go back and look again I am always positive but said several times I didn’t know what this team was going to look like

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

This season is an utter disaster. There can be no possible way Beane, Mcd, Daboll, Pegula or anyone associated with the Bills thought it would be this bad.

Its been an epic failure all around

You don’t draft high by being good or even mediocre which is actually a big part of the bills problem

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I suppose it can be debated how you define tanking, but it was obvious when virtually all available resources were spent to build the defense and draft a QB, while virtually nothing was spent on the rest of the offense, that while they were hoping for the best, they were not really planning to win this year.  Call it what you will.  The hysteria around here is comical.  

I disagree.

They traded for Benjamin and traded up to draft Zay Jones. I think they thought those guys would actually be good receivers considering this regime hand picked them. 

They signed Kerley, traded for Coleman, and brought in a bunch of young guys to camp hoping they'd fill out the depth chart. Unfortunately not a single one of those guys was good enough to cut it. Kerley was cut, Coleman was waived, and none of the young guys have done anything. 

The offense is bad because the players they've brought in are not as good as the players they insisted they had to replace. 

They got rid of the guys they didn't want, and replaced them with worse players. I don't think that was intentional.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The bills are doing exactly what they are trying to do get a top 5 pick in this next draft

i don’t like how bad they look on offense either but the fact is they are trying to avoid overpaying for free agents in the offseason to fix this mess

you do that by drafting high because less of a chance to screw it up

This season is LOST it was always going to be LOST if you can get your mind wrapped around that it will help with your sanity

It does not matter if you lose by 1 or 100 a loss is a loss

This team is tanking so it can acquire blue chip talent and not have to pay for it they are going to target specific free agents and draft at the big money positions

be patient

After Khalil Mack was traded, it was reported that one team said they wanted Mack but couldn't let go two first-round picks considering this year's would be a Top 10 pick.

Is there any question at all that that team/GM was Buffalo/Beane?

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The bills are doing exactly what they are trying to do get a top 5 pick in this next draft

i don’t like how bad they look on offense either but the fact is they are trying to avoid overpaying for free agents in the offseason to fix this mess

This season is LOST it was always going to be LOST if you can get your mind wrapped around that it will help with your sanity

This team is tanking so it can acquire blue chip talent and not have to pay for it they are going to target specific free agents and draft at the big money positions

be patient

agreed that this is the process. the disturbingly, excruciatingly painful, and at times shamefully embarrassing...process. i was at the game today. the stadium was overrun with chicago fans. Bills fans were all some form of dejected. this is your process in all its glory. hopefully this is the bottom, and next year's portion of the process looks a hell of a lot better. but god bless those poor bastards that have paid good, hard earned money to watch that absolute dumpster fire of an offensive football team in the cold, wet, and wind to come.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Go back and look again I am always positive but said several times I didn’t know what this team was going to look like

Oh man, now stumbled into thoughts of WRs being better than posters were giving credit for. 

It’s all good. We all flub takes but maybe chill on the “anyone paying attention knew we wouldn’t be good” angle here?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Even if we accept this to be true, I think you'll agree there is no chance McBeane select a QB talent with that Top 5 pick.

Which defeats the entire point of acquiring said pick.

You think a run stuffing stud D lineman translates to wins and losses in the NFL in 2018?

It doesn't.  How about a speedy edge rusher? Nope. 

How about our bold move to trade up for Sammy Watkins?  Game changing WR talent!  What did that do for us?

We need a QB.  Instead, we are burning a year and relying on Josh Allen.

It's gonna be a while before we are good, and when we are, McBeane won't be associated with this team.

We are not taking a dt with that pick

my gut tells me we are going to trade that pick to get more picks on the 1st two rounds

and josh Allen was 2 and 2 when he went down with the injury but we do need a solid back up on this roster

This offense is disgusting. It's much easier to cope with that reality by convincing yourself they are doing it on purpose. 

If it was true, then I have zero faith they will ever build a championship contender. 

Of course, they aren't doing this on purpose. They are just that bad. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree.

They traded for Benjamin and traded up to draft Zay Jones. I think they thought those guys would actually be good receivers considering this regime hand picked them. 

They signed Kerley, traded for Coleman, and brought in a bunch of young guys to camp hoping they'd fill out the depth chart. Unfortunately not a single one of those guys was good enough to cut it. Kerley was cut, Coleman was waived, and none of the young guys have done anything. 

The offense is bad because the players they've brought in are not as good as the players they insisted they had to replace. 

They got rid of the guys they didn't want, and replaced them with worse players. I don't think that was intentional.

Unfortunately I do worry about this going into a big offseason and would love bringing in offensive minded staff if dedicating a top 5 pickand bulk offree agency to OL and WR and maybe a young back and probably a TE to support our project at QB. 

If great offensive front office talent that is willing to keep roughly the defensive scheme in place is available- would be a possible huge opportunity ala the rams 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Oh man, now stumbled into thoughts of WRs being better than posters were giving credit for. 

It’s all good. We all flub takes but maybe chill on the “anyone paying attention knew we wouldn’t be good” angle here?

The take on the wr was just sheer optimism they are in fact terrible

i follow things like not being aggressive improving the team and the oc not getting fired those to me are more tell tale of what is happening here

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

How many quality free agents are going to want to come to this sh*tshow?

That is the whole point

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

be patient

No matter what happens we can count on your excuses and defense of this team's leadership.  You're an unabashed Bills apologist. 

The plan was always to field a historically bad offense?  The plan was to get blown out before the half?  The plan all along was to pick top 5 and fill all our holes in free agency WITHOUT overspending?   These plans, if true (hint: they were never the plan), are terrible.

• Like (+1) 4

OP. Just follow the process. Right. Lol. 

Keep pulling this excuse out. Fact is, they were anticipating improving in all areas this year, including our record. 

This year is a huge disappointment in all aspects and they have jumped the shark on any plan they had this year.

Your theory is flat out wrong and here is proof. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25156141/buffalo-bills-gm-says-rb-lesean-mccoy-definitely-team-2019-plans

Some highlight quotes:

“...teams that are not doing as well as they hoped”

”we’re trying to win here, not only now but in the future”

Yes, This is the truth. This is not code talk or a smokescreen. 

Edited by PittsforDave

John you said 10-6. Now you’re saying they are losing on purpose. Remember sticking your finger in everyone’s eye when they questioned the Star signing and WR group?Enlighten us all, how do we find the “they were tanking all along light” this is painful. Save us.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

After Khalil Mack was traded, it was reported that one team said they wanted Mack but couldn't let go two first-round picks considering this year's would be a Top 10 pick.

Is there any question at all that that team/GM was Buffalo/Beane?

Just great!  Hold the other team to 10 points and do not score any.  That is the mentality of a this regime.