I realize that ppl don’t want to hear this but the plan looks like....

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

90 million and a top 5 pick isnt going to turn around this team anytime soon. 

Totally agree.

Lots of teams have cap space, and lots of top 5 picks in the NFL bust. 

If those are the things we're banking on, we're in trouble. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Exactly correct, and it could be a disaster if Beane panics and overpays a bunch of average guys. Draft well, make solid FA choices and don't burn up your capital in one year. It's going to take a few years to fix this mess.

I don’t think it is going to take a few years but I agree with the rest

They need to do for josh Allen what they did for trbisky and the offense will improve drasically

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Remind me when you got on the “obviously intended to tank” train? 

I didn’t start out that way I just realized it as time went on

i was pretty noncommittal on how well this team would do this year from the start

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Exactly correct, and it could be a disaster if Beane panics and overpays a bunch of average guys. Draft well, make solid FA choices and don't burn up your capital in one year. It's going to take a few years to fix this mess.

Yep, and in two or three more years maybe just maybe the next GM and his chosen HC will walk into a good situation and win with just a few tweaks a la Rams. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Totally agree.

Lots of teams have cap space, and lots of top 5 picks in the NFL bust. 

If those are the things we're banking on, we're in trouble. 

It’s as good a plan as any it’s just painful to watch right now

and if the team could be fixed by just cap space the bills would be making moves now

the higher you draft the less chance to bust

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I disagree but that is ok

not every position needs to be replaced to turn the offense around

80 percent of the player on offense need to be overhauled. Let me start- every receiver is a trash pile. Our rb’s are old and Murphy isnt an NFL back- Ivory may have some life left but McCoy is done. The offensive line is just that, offensive. DiMarco, that FB that does something stupid every week flat out sucks. The only QB that should stay is Josh Allen- we need 2 more next year. Our TE’s are all garbage- Clay is old and slow.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

That is an idiotic take. The Bills are not purposely this bad. They’re this bad because McDumbass’ “process” is just awful. 

The idea that theyre tanking in year 2 is so dumb. 

Agreed.

I would bet any amount of money that prior to this year they thought they'd improve off their 9-7 finish a year ago. 

They fired the OC because they wanted to get better on O.

They game Lotuleilei a boat load of money because they wanted to shore up the run D. 

They traded up for Edmunds because they wanted to shore up and upgrade the LB position.

Nothing about their offseason suggested they were tanking. 

• Like (+1) 3

The bills are doing exactly what they are trying to do get a top 5 pick in this next draft

i don’t like how bad they look on offense either but the fact is they are trying to avoid overpaying for free agents in the offseason to fix this mess

you do that by drafting high because less of a chance to screw it up

This season is LOST it was always going to be LOST if you can get your mind wrapped around that it will help with your sanity

It does not matter if you lose by 1 or 100 a loss is a loss

This team is tanking so it can acquire blue chip talent and not have to pay for it they are going to target specific free agents and draft at the big money positions

be patient

You expressed my feelings exactly.  The over reactions each week I find very comical.  The season is hard to take, but we have to keep our eyes on the future.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

80 percent of the player on offense need to be overhauled. Let me start- every receiver is a trash pile. Our rb’s are old and Murphy isnt an NFL back- Ivory may have some life left but McCoy is done. The offensive line is just that, offensive. DiMarco, that FB that does something stupid every week flat out sucks. The only QB that should stay is Josh Allen- we need to more next year. Our TE’s are all garbage- Clay is old and slow.

I don’t believe shady is done the o line I. Front of him is a disaster

you turn that into a strength and this whole offense looks different

zay is a number 3 guy we need two quality wrs in the offseason this CAN be done

The bills are doing exactly what they are trying to do get a top 5 pick in this next draft

i don’t like how bad they look on offense either but the fact is they are trying to avoid overpaying for free agents in the offseason to fix this mess

This season is LOST it was always going to be LOST if you can get your mind wrapped around that it will help with your sanity

This team is tanking so it can acquire blue chip talent and not have to pay for it they are going to target specific free agents and draft at the big money positions

be patient

You nailed it, but when the pitchforks are out this arguement probably will not go far.  

I don’t know if there is a discernible difference in bust percentage between say pick 5 and pick 10. Even at QB. Good players can be found at most positions throughout the draft. Anything past the first 3 or 4 rounds becomes a crapshoot to a degree. Thinking the Bills future hinges on a few slots of draft position is far fetched. It has a lot more to do with the competence of those doing the drafting. That’s what many fans are afraid of. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s as good a plan as any it’s just painful to watch right now

and if the team could be fixed by just cap space the bills would be making moves now

the higher you draft the less chance to bust

If any of this was true, you wouldn't see the same teams drafting in the top 10 pretty much every year. 

You can find good players anywhere in the first round. Tanking for a DT or DE or whatever we pick doesn't make any sense.

This team thought they'd be better this year. I'd guarantee they thought the offense would be improved over what Taylor allowed them to do last year. 

I get that doesn't fit your narrative, but I don't think there's any actual proof to argue that they are tanking. I think they expected to be winning. 

Edited by jrober38

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They need to do for josh Allen what they did for trbisky and the offense will improve drasically

Cooper Kupp or Kamara instead of Dawkins would have been nice.  Or St. Cloud instead of Ray Ray.

Yeah, McD will find the offensive skill players in the NEXT draft, for sure.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I don’t believe shady is done the o line I. Front of him is a disaster

you turn that into a strength and this whole offense looks different

zay is a number 3 guy we need two quality wrs in the offseason this CAN be done

Shady has lost a step. Zay is marginally a 3- he is weak as hell, no break away speed and cant break a tackle. Every other receiver is not an NFL receiever they are terrible. The TE’s arent either. This team has holes out the ying yang! Bean doesnt know how to identify offensive talent- what a hot Cleveland Steamer we are.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I didn’t start out that way I just realized it as time went on

i was pretty noncommittal on how well this team would do this year from the start

I recall you being pretty positive, and at times insultingly so.... actually clicking in your history just found you predicting 10-6 and an improvement from last year going into camp which is a stark difference from this 

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not the fans that were actually paying attn

Unless you are including yourself in that group 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

be patient

100%

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

be patient

Even if we accept this to be true, I think you'll agree there is no chance McBeane select a QB talent with that Top 5 pick.

Which defeats the entire point of acquiring said pick.

You think a run stuffing stud D lineman translates to wins and losses in the NFL in 2018?

It doesn't.  How about a speedy edge rusher? Nope. 

How about our bold move to trade up for Sammy Watkins?  Game changing WR talent!  What did that do for us?

We need a QB.  Instead, we are burning a year and relying on Josh Allen.

It's gonna be a while before we are good, and when we are, McBeane won't be associated with this team.

• Like (+1) 1