We could have kept Fitzpatrick all these years...

yrly

We’ve done no better at the QB position. I kind of wonder what he’d have been like behind a good line with a few good receivers. He doesn’t look bad in Tampa with no real running game and a pretty bad line.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, yrly said:

We’ve done no better at the QB position. I kind of wonder what he’d have been like behind a good line with a few good receivers. He doesn’t look bad in Tampa with no real running game and a pretty bad line.

There is a certain truth to this concept.  But no one sees Tampa Bay as a championship threat with Fitz at the helm. 

4 minutes ago, yrly said:

Seriously?  Come on man!

7 minutes ago, yrly said:

What you forget is fitz has guys to throw to that will catch the ball.  

Keep in mind I’m not discounting Allen at the moment.

I’m talking about all these interims. By this point in his career I’d have expected Fitz to be mentoring Allen but prepared to fill in in the case of injury like we have now.

With a few good receivers he’s putting up 3-4tds behind a pretty lousy line. Nothing would ever have prevented the Bills from getting some receivers and building a line.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The guys on WGR are the worst.  Allen was a top ten pick in most mock drafts and some had him going #1.  I don't know if he is going to be good or not, but the revisionist history going on is beyond ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

lol that's funny.

People are calling our rookie QB a bust after 5 starts, and you think these short attention-spanners were gonna give Fitz the better part of a decade?

Yeah, no.

absolutely right. there were plenty of people lining up with torches and pitchforks towards the end of fitz's bills career. the negative nicknames, the contract, the mediocrity, the lack of arm strength, the wedding ring, harvard...there were plenty of fans and media that were ready to riot. and then there was buddy nix and him basically saying that they needed to move on at all costs. his time was at an end here. but i will always love me some Fitz!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yrly said:

Keep in mind I’m not discounting Allen at the moment.

I’m talking about all these interims. By this point in his career I’d have expected Fitz to be mentoring Allen but prepared to fill in in the case of injury like we have now.

With a few good receivers he’s putting up 3-4tds behind a pretty lousy line. Nothing would ever have prevented the Bills from getting some receivers and building a line.

Yeah but fitz isnt much better than Peterman at this point.... Fitz just makes more tackles after throwing interceptions so he doesnt have as many pick 6's as peterman.

Fitz is Fitz. He has heart. He likes to air it out. He can be exciting and fun to watch. But at the end of the day, he never wins when it counts. I don’t think he’s ever been to the playoffs. And you are forgetting the spirit crushing interceptions. 

Sure, he’s better than the dumpster fire we have right now. But he isn’t the answer, and he proved that when he was in Buffalo. 

I liked Fitz and I liked Tyrod. Neither of them was the answer. Those of you that thought, “it can’t be worse” at the time are learning a hard lesson now. 

Franchise QB > Good QB > decent QB > functioning QB > Bills QB

Fitz and Tyrod fit in that decent category. Allen may be good but the quality of QB play in Buffalo this year ranks with the worst in league history.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I liked Fitz and I liked Tyrod. Neither of them was the answer. Those of you that thought, “it can’t be worse” at the time are learning a hard lesson now. 

Franchise QB > Good QB > decent QB > functioning QB > Bills QB

Fitz and Tyrod fit in that decent category. Allen may be good but the quality of QB play in Buffalo this year ranks with the worst in league history.

Amen and we would have saved resources on Fitz until we could land a good QB.  Face it everyone, we can tdraft QB's in Buffalo.

Fitz would have saved us Orton, Manuel, Tuel, Brohm, Hobert, Kolb, Taylor, etc.

• Like (+1) 2