McDermott's Monday Segment With Schopp & Bulldog: 11/5/18

Fadingpain

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

One of McDermotts early moves as HC was the hiring of a team minister he wanted and felt was necessary.  

So to query McDermotts approach to selecting players and coaches could pertain to their faith is not as off the wall as some might think.  

Unbelievable.  

Did Marv Levy hire a Rabbi?????

15 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I 100% believe roster spots are given out to players who McDumbass likes attending bible study with. 

He’s a ***** idiot. Terry Pegula clearly isn’t a good owner. I believe the likelihood of the Bills ever being good again is non existent. 

Why are you always so vague in your posts?

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Unbelievable.  

Did Marv Levy hire a Rabbi?????

If you type "how many NFL teams have chaplains?" Into a website called Google, the result comes back with a picture of the Bears and the statement "most, if not all, NFL teams have chaplains".

Can you explain why you find it unbelieveable that the Bills have a chaplain?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Agreed. But I feel McDermott would almost surely dismiss any attempt to question/imply his approach to his coaching decisions being faith base.

To acknowledge such an implication, even if it were true, would be folly and possibly deter many potential prospects persued by the Bills.....

.....though, if it were true and he denies it, it could raise a suspicious eyebrow of those with the team who know it to be true.  

So congrats to Schopp for the great gotcha question???!!.?

Are there any other questions he can throw in there where McD is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?  How about race?  Abortion?  Gun control?  Illegal immigration?  Good reporting.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So congrats to Schopp for the great gotcha question???!!.?

Are there any other questions he can throw in there where McD is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't? 

McDermott, along with Beane, have done enough to put themselves in such a situation why catch 22 like questions would be asked.

Many of their actions gives the impression they have Gruden like immunity. I don't think they merited nor deserve that in their fledgling HC & GM jobs. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Peterman is the third string quarterback that makes virtually no money.

He is on his set and standard rookie contract based on his draft position.

The line can't keep QB's healthy. That is why he played today.

This is true. at least 3 of them need to be replaced, along with Castillo.

His stats aren't any worse than their backup QB.

No, they are actually worse.

Peterman is the only quarterback of the 3 on the roster to even score a TD in six games.

Wrong again. Josh Allen scored a TD against the Titans. Also, would you like to talk about how he's thrown 2 TDs to our opponents in the last 4 games along with the 2 he's scored for us?

McDermott is out of excuses.

He's trying to compare the Eagles and Panthers up and down performance while he was with each team as being similar to what we're going through now, and passing it off as being part of "the process". 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

One of McDermotts early moves as HC was the hiring of a team minister he wanted and felt was necessary.  

So to query McDermotts approach to selecting players and coaches could pertain to their faith is not as off the wall as some might think.  

Actually, McCoach fired the former team chaplain before he hired this one.

I wonder what causes someone to think it is necessary to fire the team chaplain when you take over a job.  Perhaps paranoia.

The segment just ended and Mike Schopp never asked the question!  

Nothing close to the topic was brought up.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Some of you must be disappointed the Jesus question didn't get asked.

My condolences.

Totally.  Maybe next week!

Just now, Peter said:

Actually, McCoach fired the former team chaplain before he hired this one.

I wonder what causes someone to think it is necessary to fire the team chaplain when you take over a job.  Perhaps paranoia.

As you rightly point out, it makes it a bit perplexing that a new HC out of the gate finds that is also a priority in changing the culture of his team. 

It's not a stretch to think he found flaws with the team chaplain as he did with players he got rid of. Paranoia ? Maybe ? A bit odd....? 

Edited by I am the egg man

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

McDermott is out of excuses.

He's trying to compare the Eagles and Panthers up and down performance while he was with each team as being similar to what we're going through now, and passing it off as being part of "the process". 

Both teams had way better QB situations, which he don't acknowledge and he had nothing to do with their being there.

Neither team was as bad as his Bills team.

Edited by I am the egg man