McDermott's Monday Segment With Schopp & Bulldog: 11/5/18

Fadingpain

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Answer: (1) not enough QB bodies on the current roster healthy enough, or (2) up to speed enough to make him fall off the roster as of yet. I have little doubt he will still be cut this year, but McBeane have to stockpile enough dumpster dive backups first. Bradford could be next man up, and in that case I think NP will be gone. Sometimes, the easiest explanation is the furthest you have to look.   

Although certainly possible, I'll be surprised if Peterman is cut this year.

He is McDermott's boy, he's made it this far, he's been in the system a while and knows the playbook, and he is increasingly becoming a known commodity which makes him somewhat safe despite the TOs, and McDermott is risk averse.  

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Although certainly possible, I'll be surprised if Peterman is cut this year.

He is McDermott's boy, he's made it this far, he's been in the system a while and knows the playbook, and he is increasingly becoming a known commodity which makes him somewhat safe despite the TOs, and McDermott is risk averse.  

Now that's an original take. Known commodity despite the TO's is almost crazy to say, but yes, I see where that could be. And he is cutting down the INT's that are solely his own fault, so McD is probably thrilled to see that on the tape as well. But if they make a serious run at Bradford, then I don't know how you keep him, even if Bradford is barely more resilient at this point than DA.

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I 100% believe roster spots are given out to players who McDumbass likes attending bible study with. 

He’s a ***** idiot. Terry Pegula clearly isn’t a good owner. I believe the likelihood of the Bills ever being good again is non existent. 

While Terry may very well be a ***** idiot (although I don't believe so) He is a bumbling public speaker no question, but if you truly believe the likelihood of the Bills never being good again because of him you should resign.

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Now that's an original take. Known commodity despite the TO's is almost crazy to say, but yes, I see where that could be. And he is cutting down the INT's that are solely his own fault, so McD is probably thrilled to see that on the tape as well. But if they make a serious run at Bradford, then I don't know how you keep him, even if Bradford is barely more resilient at this point than DA.

I don't see them making a serious run at Bradford. 

2 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

While Terry may very well be a ***** idiot (although I don't believe so) He is a bumbling public speaker no question, but if you truly believe the likelihood of the Bills never being good again because of him you should resign.

"Resign" as what?  A fan?

:lol:

4 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Peterman is the third string quarterback that makes virtually no money. The line can't keep QB's healthy. That is why he played today. His stats aren't any worse than their backup QB. Peterman is the only quarterback of the 3 on the roster to even score a TD in six games. 

Peterman was the opening day starter, and the team openly stated that the plan was to have Allen sit longer than he actually did. 

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I 100% believe roster spots are given out to players who McDumbass likes attending bible study with. 

He’s a ***** idiot. Terry Pegula clearly isn’t a good owner. I believe the likelihood of the Bills ever being good again is non existent. 

With this ownership, it’s hard to argue 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

With this ownership, it’s hard to argue 

You too? The guys statement was "He’s a ***** idiot. Terry Pegula clearly isn’t a good owner. I believe the likelihood of the Bills ever being good again is non existent."

Do you really subscribe to that thought? We will never be good again? Stop it. This is just crap. "Non existent"

C'mon man

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Well ya. Please ***** off and root for some other team.

One can cheer for a team and hope they become good again at the same time admitting that this coaching staff and gm are questionable at best. And so far, the owner has went through 2 mistakes on his football team so far. And Multiple mistakes with his hockey team. 

1 minute ago, beerme1 said:

You too? The guys statement was "He’s a ***** idiot. Terry Pegula clearly isn’t a good owner. I believe the likelihood of the Bills ever being good again is non existent."

Do you really subscribe to that thought? We will never be good again? Stop it. This is just crap. "Non existent"

C'mon man

Worh this HC, GM, and owner. Yes. I do belive we will never be any good again. 

Pegulas only hope is he finds a retread coach that was actually good and catches fire. Or gets lucky with a college coach or coordinator that becomes the next coming. Other than that, we are doomed for this crap forever. 

Just now, mrags said:

One can cheer for a team and hope they become good again at the same time admitting that this coaching staff and gm are questionable at best. And so far, the owner has went through 2 mistakes on his football team so far. And Multiple mistakes with his hockey team. 

Agreed. No issue. But the hockey team is showing significant signs of improvement at this point. Nathan Peterman is not our qb and I fully expect improvement over time with the Bills. You know, it's a process! :w00t:

1 minute ago, beerme1 said:

Agreed. No issue. But the hockey team is showing significant signs of improvement at this point. Nathan Peterman is not our qb and I fully expect improvement over time with the Bills. You know, it's a process! :w00t:

Whatever the process is... I don’t belive in it. It’s a joke. McD has created this mess. He didn’t need to trade Glenn only to replace him with nothing. He didn’t need to let Brown walk only to replace him with a rookie. He didn’t need to trade back last year and not take Mahomes only to go after the QB that resembled him the most. He didnt need to trade or let any WR talent go only to be left worh nothing. He didn’t need to request a pay cut from Richie after knowing Woods career was over. He didn’t need to trade dareus for almost nothing while still paying a big portion of his contract. He didn’t need to do many of these things. It’s his team and his fault they are underachievers. He still hasn’t taken away playcalling from Daboll yet like he did from Frazier earlier in the year. Why not??? I’m assuming it’s becaise he is completely clueless about NFL offenses. He’s a 1960s coach in a renaissance of passing in the NFL. 

The fact that Pegulas crying baby butt fell for his schtick makes me realize that he’s the start of the problem. He’s a bad owner. Can’t make the correct decision. The Sabres got lucky and they aren’t any good either. They are only good compared to the abortion that youve had to watch for the last 8 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Whatever the process is... I don’t belive in it. It’s a joke. McD has created this mess. He didn’t need to trade Glenn only to replace him with nothing. He didn’t need to let Brown walk only to replace him with a rookie. He didn’t need to trade back last year and not take Mahomes only to go after the QB that resembled him the most. He didnt need to trade or let any WR talent go only to be left worh nothing. He didn’t need to request a pay cut from Richie after knowing Woods career was over. He didn’t need to trade dareus for almost nothing while still paying a big portion of his contract. He didn’t need to do many of these things. It’s his team and his fault they are underachievers. He still hasn’t taken away playcalling from Daboll yet like he did from Frazier earlier in the year. Why not??? I’m assuming it’s becaise he is completely clueless about NFL offenses. He’s a 1960s coach in a renaissance of passing in the NFL. 

The fact that Pegulas crying baby butt fell for his schtick makes me realize that he’s the start of the problem. He’s a bad owner. Can’t make the correct decision. The Sabres got lucky and they aren’t any good either. They are only good compared to the abortion that youve had to watch for the last 8 years. 

Alriight but I guess I say check back next year before you throw McBeane out. If i'm pissed at the organization right now it's at WR position. But that matters not if we don't have capable OL and yes they traded away talent but if said talent doesn't accept the edict from the top down, adios. We'll move on to the next stage.

Mahomes really pisses me off. Brady pisses every single team in league off times 5 no?

Richies great. In between arrests and psych evaluations if that's what you want. Wood is my favorite player in a long time and there's NOTHING you can do about how his situation developed. McD didn't take away Frasiers play calling. Fake news.

4 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Alriight but I guess I say check back next year before you throw McBeane out. If i'm pissed at the organization right now it's at WR position. But that matters not if we don't have capable OL and yes they traded away talent but if said talent doesn't accept the edict from the top down, adios. We'll move on to the next stage.

Mahomes really pisses me off. Brady pisses every single team in league off times 5 no?

Richies great. In between arrests and psych evaluations if that's what you want. Wood is my favorite player in a long time and there's NOTHING you can do about how his situation developed. McD didn't take away Frasiers play calling. Fake news.

Yes McD did take away his playcalling halfway through the Chargers game. He did get them back after that but still. Doesn’t change the fact that he hasn’t done anything to Daboll yet and he is not only in the bottom of the league. They are a in franchise record pace for least amount of yards and points. 

Amd Incognito didn’t start flipping out until we asked him to take his pay cut. Small things set off Bi-Polar people. Maybe without that he would have been fine. We’ll never know. Regardless, the fact is still there that after hearing of Woods retirement, the team asked its best OLmen to take a paycut. 

6 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Resign from what? And it’s been 20 years.....and they keep making the same stupid mistakes. So yes, that idea has crept in. 

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The relevant question is: does Mcdermott value religious/Judeo-Christian morality above athletic talent in player evaluations & roster formulation?

If he does....

....then he should not have been hired. It's 2018, not 1918. That kind of mindset in overseers of an NFL team nowadays is/be disastrous.

Edited by I am the egg man

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Mike Schopp and the Bulldog right now on the post-game show are discussing the allegations that McDermott favors faith-based players and this could be a factor in keeping Peterman on the roster.

Schopp just said that he doesn't know one way or the other if there is any truth to this line of thinking, but that it is a good question for McDermott.

He basically indicated that he will be asking him about this on his show tomorrow.  That could be entertaining, interesting, and it makes the segment worth listening to.

Stay tuned to this space for more.

This is a fair question I suppose if Schopp has an atheist alternative or two he can mention.  McCarron and Cousins can't be on the list.  

Another fair question is if Schopp favors coaches who are strictly secular.

There are plenty of questions to ask before delving into stupidity is necessary.

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is a fair question I suppose if Schopp has an atheist alternative or two he can mention.  McCarron and Cousins can't be on the list.  

Another fair question is if Schopp favors coaches who are strictly secular.

There are plenty of questions to ask before delving into stupidity is necessary.

One of McDermotts early moves as HC was the hiring of a team minister he wanted and felt was necessary.  

So to query McDermotts approach to selecting players and coaches could pertain to their faith is not as off the wall as some might think.  

Edited by I am the egg man

31 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

One of McDermotts early moves as HC was the hiring of a team minister he wanted and felt was necessary.  

So to query McDermotts approach to selecting players and coaches could pertain to their faith is not as off the wall as some might think.  

It is a fair question as I stated.  But part of preparing it ought to be presenting viable alternatives McDermott had when facing decisions about players of faith.  

To me, Peterman's primary flaw is arm strength.  If others believe it is his religion that is their prerogative.  If I were asking McD about Peterman I'd ask him if there were stronger armed  QBs and maybe have an example in mind.  Maybe McCarron was that guy.  Maybe Cousins.  Maybe some atheist.  

Some people of faith push it at others.  Some atheists push back.  Some atheists bristle at anyone having religion.  Some people excel through faith.  Some excel without it.  

If Schopp wants to ask if faith earns a player points in his evaluation process it is fair.  If he wants to use Peterman as an example of this, it is UNFAIR unless it can be clearly demonstrated.  Asking about an overall philosophy is different than picking on one player.