Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

In a vacuum that was not a bad drop. The problem is that it is ALWAYS a drop. I literally cannot remember a single tough catch that a Bills receiver has made in tight coverage this year. Not one. I remember two diving catches where the receiver had separation, including one today and one from Robert Foster a few weeks ago. I can easily think of five or more easy catches that were instead drops from this season. But I can't remember one tough contested catch. And an offense needs that threat. You cannot expect any QB, let alone a backup, to make pinpoint perfect throws 100% of the time. Sometimes the playmakers need to... make plays. Today our playmakers had more negative plays than positive. How can you blame Peterman for that? How can any QB be expected to succeed in this mess?

I think Peterman satisfied the expectations of the coaching staff today. He looked like an NFL BACKUP QB out there. He's still pretty raw, but he's making less mistakes.

You can't blame Peterman for the Bears ground game demolishing the Bills D. And Trubinski couldn't miss the open slot guys. Our ST was dreadful as usual.

How many broken tackles were there today ? There were stupid penalties on the Oline all game. And people are singling out Peterman as the problem ?

That's ridiculous.

I expect Peterman to play again this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Bills uniform next year, as a backup.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's not, but it's incredible to me that he even has to answer that question seriously. 

In my opinion, how could he not be asked that question? The reporters are there for content. And a sizable portion of the fanbase and media have been trying to figure out what's the logic with this Peterman stuff.

He could easily take ownership and say, I was wrong, I thought he could he great, but I've put him in a tough spot and situations that place a lot of pressure on him. Something along those lines where you say, I was wrong, I know he's not good, but in a softer way. Instead he refuses to say he's wrong, back Peterman to no end and continues to employ him. 

At this point, he should be asked that until he shows he isn't in some weird Peterman cult. 

It's easy on him to say, hey, why would they even ask that.

Peterman was not the reason we lost today.  He actually looked competent.  Kelvin Benjamin dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass (I don't want to hear about the DB on the play, Benjamin is half a foot taller and like 40 pounds heavier), as well as other passes.  The O-line could not open any holes in the running game.  NP looked calm in the pocket, went through all his reads, and either hit open receivers or threw it away.  He finally looked like he belongs in the NFL.  I say leave him in until Allen is 100% healthy.  No reason to throw Allen in there in this lost season.  Actually feels more familiar, the Bills season over by December and all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B Fan in LA said:

I think Peterman satisfied the expectations of the coaching staff today. He looked like an NFL BACKUP QB out there. He's still pretty raw, but he's making less mistakes.

You can't blame Peterman for the Bears ground game demolishing the Bills D. And Trubinski couldn't miss the open slot guys. Our ST was dreadful as usual.

How many broken tackles were there today ? There were stupid penalties on the Oline all game. And people are singling out Peterman as the problem ?

That's ridiculous.

I expect Peterman to play again this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Bills uniform next year, as a backup.

No. No he can't be. I'll give them the off season, if they trot him out next year as the back up, they need to be fired.

I can't think of a clearer example of people not being able to learn from mistakes if they roll in with Allen and Peterman.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He threw three INT. Two were unlucky bounces. But let's not call them good passes. The first one was arguable. Pryor maybe should have caught it. But it wasn't a good throw. The second one was a bad bounce, too, but it was a lousy throw. The DB got to it easier than the WR, then it bounced up, then it was intercepted. 

Exactly.

Just shows how precise you need to be in the NFL.

If you are even a tad late or behind, you are asking for big trouble.

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I feel bad for Peterman. He's been mostly terrible in live NFL game action, but damn if it doesn't seem like this guy can't catch a break. 

That’s how I felt today.  He was clearly prepared, focused and actually seemed poised.  The first 2 picks should have been completions, and Benji dropped another nice one in the end zone.

He wasn’t great, but he deserved better than an entire nation tweeting again about another multi-pick game.

• Like (+1) 2