Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

We're starting to see an obsessive ego trip from McDermott regarding his ridiculous envatuation over Nate. The kid is awful.  Yes the 2 picks were not his fault but he floats the ball out there. And on top of that he holds the ball way too long. He's not an NFL player. Probably not even CFL/Arena worthy.  The fact that he's stayed on this roster this long is sad & startling. This team does not need 6 qbs.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Peterman has looked horrific in the past but how can you say he was on that level today? Had us driving for the tie before croom fumbles and it’s returned for a td, then has pryor kind of like... flip the ball up for grabs after catching it(?) turning a completed pass into an int, then another pop up pick and by that time it’s 21-0 but can’t say the game got out of hand because of peterman this time, not if we are being honest. It’s just a horrible offense, if it’s not one thing or one person, it’s another because it is again a HORRIBLE offense

I was not able to watch the game, so I can't comment intelligently on what took place.  Moreover, I don't trust the objectivity of anyone who posts here, so you haven't helped me.  All I can be sure of at this point is that McDermott is not going to carry 4 healthy QBs.  As the highly drafted rookie, Josh Allen stays, and I think Barclay, who hasn't had an opportunity to suck in a regular season game, is probably safe.  I wouldn't think Anderson or Peterman could be considered safe, but I'm not sure whether the Bills would consider cutting one or both of them.  If, as some of the above posters has suggested, two of Peterman's three interceptions today were bad bounces, that might give him the advantage, but obviously neither Anderson nor Peterman is doing anywhere near enough to win a game.  It probably would not be wise for a fan to get too attached to either one.

The real discussion should be on Benjamin,  have you ever seen such a horrible performance from a receiver for an entire season?

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I was not able to watch the game, so I can't comment intelligently on what took place.  Moreover, I don't trust the objectivity of anyone who posts here, so you haven't helped me.  All I can be sure of at this point is that McDermott is not going to carry 4 healthy QBs.  As the highly drafted rookie, Josh Allen stays, and I think Barclay, who hasn't had an opportunity to suck in a regular season game, is probably safe.  I wouldn't think Anderson or Peterman could be considered safe, but I'm not sure whether the Bills would consider cutting one or both of them.  If, as some of the above posters has suggested, two of Peterman's three interceptions today were bad bounces, that might give him the advantage, but obviously neither Anderson nor Peterman is doing anywhere near enough to win a game.  It probably would not be wise for a fan to get too attached to either one.

Its pretty clear to me that when they all get healthy its going to be Allen and Anderson where the only thing that will matter for Anderson is his ability to help Allen and not playing on the field.  Peterman is clearly on borrowed time based on the health of others and far too many people get worked up about him when we traded all that draft capital for the real future.  Peterman never sees this game if our other QB's arent hurt.

Edited by Woodman19

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

The running game bigger problem than quarterbacks.

The QBs haven't been good but agree on the run game.  I don't even see much effort in the game plan to get Shady in some more open space.  Ivory is a much better fit behind this O-line if  they don't figure out how to better deploy Shady. 

31 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

You need to watch the game. This was one of Nate’s worse performances yet. 

Anderson is safe, he was brought on to mentor our young Qb. 

Peterman is odd man out.  Practice squad is for players with potential, since Nate has no potential, I expect him to be flat out cut. 

Peterman is going to get released. He has to. If nothing else to exorcise some demons surrounding the offense. But seriously, he won’t ever be starting another NFL game again. He will be lucky to get another 3rd string gig.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep!

Not that I am a proponent of this, but this may very well be what does McBeane in this season

While all teams whiff with personnel, not correcting it and allowing for Nate to be put out there repeatedly is not a good look...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not that I am a proponent of this, but this may very well be what does McBeane in this season

While all teams whiff with personnel, not correcting it and allowing for Nate to be put out there repeatedly is not a good look...

It's as bad as it gets with a miscalculation on a QB.  Pretty scary that they thought he was a viable starter to begin with and he's STILL around. :huh:

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

I'm not saying he is good, or even good enough.  But this loss was not on him by a long shot. And I don't think any of the pics today were on him either.

The last was on him I'd say.  Either way he's not even backup caliber.