Jump to content
Hebert19

Finally the end for peterman???

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

This.  I dont care if he threw for 3 tds today.  He's the worst QB I've ever seen in 30 years of watching the nfl.  He should be cut. 

You obviously missed out on Losman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

 

No question. They are godawful. That is the coaches and Beane's fault. But that doesn't mean NP doesn't suck. 

Oh, absolutely. I will add (as I did earlier) that while his talents are meager, he is pretty good at escapabilty in the pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Anderson will be back.  Allen close to throwing and we signed another QB this week.  Does he get cut monday finally?

No he played a decent game today the wide receivers and offensive line let him down. Those interceptions in this game weren't his fault.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Anderson will be back.  Allen close to throwing and we signed another QB this week.  Does he get cut monday finally?

No, McDermott said he’s a QB you can win with in the NFL after today’s game. So no. Peterman is not going anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

Benjamin and the o-line should be the lead topic after this loss. Peterman wasn't the reason our offense stunk today. Shady rushing for 10yds, receivers not holding onto the ball were our problems today. Our special teams giving the Bears short field. Why blame Daboll for this mess? you don't blame a mechanic when a car doesn't run. Daboll doesn't have the tools to operate a pro offense. McBeane owned this cluster in an interview in The Buffalo News earlier this week. I compare this team to the Bears of last year. Until JA comes back there isn't a reason to watch this team

There is a reason to watch this team.  Forget about football and treat it as a comedy show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman doesn’t even pretend to look past the first down marker. Every pass is 4 yds sideways to the flats. There is no point in him ever taking another snap for this team. Anderson and Barkley are both here until Allen is back. Please just end our suffering with Nate. If McDermott simply can’t exist without his boy Nate, put him on the practice squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I didn’t say Anderson didn’t suck. I said he just doesn’t suck as much as Peterman. Hope that clears it up for ya.

Just because your opinion is clear doesn't mean it's correct. Anderson was Peterman 10 years ago. Now he's old and fragile and just as bad. 

Edited by DocLawless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You obviously missed out on Losman.

Oh I saw him.   Losman was terrible but he also had a good arm and speed.  So some redeeming qualities.   Peterman has a noodle arm no vision no ability to read a defense and in no way should he be on the league. 

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You obviously missed out on Losman.

Oh I saw him.   Losman was terrible but he also had a good arm and speed.  So some redeeming qualities.   Peterman has a noodle arm no vision no ability to read a defense and in no way should he be on the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No, McDermott said he’s a QB you can win with in the NFL after today’s game. So no. Peterman is not going anywhere. 

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

 

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

2 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Just because your opinion is clear doesn't mean it's correct. Anderson was Peterman 10 years ago. Now he's old and fragile and just as bad. 

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Anderson play anymore. 

I don't wan to see this offense play period.  It doesn't matter who is under center.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Benjamin is terrible but that endzone pass was not really a drop, very very few in the league make that catch. The DB got his hand right into the ball before he could pull it in. It was a good defensive play. Very good pass into triple coverage but it wasn't really a drop

 

In a vacuum that was not a bad drop. The problem is that it is ALWAYS a drop. I literally cannot remember a single tough catch that a Bills receiver has made in tight coverage this year. Not one. I remember two diving catches where the receiver had separation, including one today and one from Robert Foster a few weeks ago. I can easily think of five or more easy catches that were instead drops from this season. But I can't remember one tough contested catch. And an offense needs that threat. You cannot expect any QB, let alone a backup, to make pinpoint perfect throws 100% of the time. Sometimes the playmakers need to... make plays. Today our playmakers had more negative plays than positive. How can you blame Peterman for that? How can any QB be expected to succeed in this mess?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s far worse players on this squad than Peterman. I know, scary! 

 

Id start with a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

2 receiver deflections for Ints and a dropped TD by Benjamin would drastically have changed things.

Drastically?! Drastically? Did you see the same game? It would not have changed anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t now how many times I need to say this but there isn’t a qb breathing that would look good playing with this roster!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

 

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

At the same time it's absurd and naive for him to keeping and trotting Peterman out there as if there is nothing wrong with it.

 

The guy deserves to be roasted in post game pressers. 

Edited by ScottLaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Drastically?! Drastically? Did you see the same game? It would not have changed anything. 

 

Two defensive scores in the 2nd quarter, you don't think that changed the flow of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billspro said:

If he’s not then the two guys running the organization should be fired on Monday.

 

I would like everyone who types “fired” to be fired. JMO

 

Grow up and have real, productive ideas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

You are biased as well then. Because he was NOT a tire fire. The WHOLE offense was a tire fire. Do you believe in the process as well? The point of the post is to ask WHY ARE WE ZEROING IN ON HIM!!!! For everyone who wants to beat a dead horse go ahead. News flash... we have 4 not good QBs. So we are just going to just give the rest of the team, including the coaching staff, a pass... 

It’s the contingency of Bills fans that are defending a bad quarterback day in and day out. Today was supposed to be the big Nate day. Playing a full game. Gonna show everyone he’s good. Redemption game. 3 INTs 0 TDs. People are STILL defending him. Go away. Admit you’re wrong. I know it’s hard. But swallow your pride and stop making excuses for a busted 5th round garbage pick from Pittsburgh. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

In a vacuum that was not a bad drop. The problem is that it is ALWAYS a drop. I literally cannot remember a single tough catch that a Bills receiver has made in tight coverage this year. Not one. I remember two diving catches where the receiver had separation, including one today and one from Robert Foster a few weeks ago. I can easily think of five or more easy catches that were instead drops from this season. But I can't remember one tough contested catch. And an offense needs that threat. You cannot expect any QB, let alone a backup, to make pinpoint perfect throws 100% of the time. Sometimes the playmakers need to... make plays. Today our playmakers had more negative plays than positive. How can you blame Peterman for that? How can any QB be expected to succeed in this mess?

I agree with 95% of that. There have been a couple contested catches, at least three by Benjamin. But for the most part they hardly ever make them. But that just wasn't a drop. I'm not blaming Peterman for their crappy play, I'm saying he doesn't do hardly anything to lead this team. He plays scared. Teams take away half the field. Teams put 8 in the box and press coverage all game long and he refuses to go up top to make them back up. He's playing awful and they are playing awful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

 

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

The media doesn't think McDermott is going to throw his players under the bus.

 

They are asking suggestive, juicy questions as an opportunity for McD to say maybe something interesting so they can write about it.  They're trying to get quote material.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boater said:

Peterman will be cut when Anderson returns officially.

 

Gotta say, Anderson v. Peterman is a toss up regarding who sucks more.

 

No way. Bills won't cut any QB with this offensive line and Jets and Jacksonville next two. They will be lucky if Anderson survives another start. People forget the Colts and Patriots defenses are garbage and he couldn't survive two games. 

 

Play Peterman to the bye and then go Allen with Anderson backup. If Allen isn't ready just keep Peterman out there. Anderson should never play unless emergency. He gets another concussion and he will retire.

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

It’s the contingency of Bills fans that are defending a bad quarterback day in and day out. Today was supposed to be the big Nate day. Playing a full game. Gonna show everyone he’s good. Redemption game. 3 INTs 0 TDs. People are STILL defending him. Go away. Admit you’re wrong. I know it’s hard. But swallow your pride and stop making excuses for a busted 5th round garbage pick from Pittsburgh. 

 

His stats were on par with Anderson's stats except he scored a TD and played against a top 5 defense. Anderson did nothing against two of worse defenses in NFL.

 

The running game bigger problem than quarterbacks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

 

No way. Bills won't cut any QB with this offensive line and Jets and Jacksonville next two. They will be lucky if Anderson survives another start. People forget the Colts and Patriots defenses are garbage and he couldn't survive two games. 

 

Play Peterman to the bye and then go Allen with Anderson backup. If Allen isn't ready just keep Peterman out there. Anderson should never play unless emergency. He gets another concussion and he will retire.

 

His stats were on par with Anderson's stats except he scored a TD and played against a top 5 defense. Anderson did nothing against two of worse defenses in NFL.

 

The running game bigger problem than quarterbacks.

Anderson was 20-31 for 290 yds. Wtf are you talking about? Peterman threw 50 passes for less then 200 yds and 3 picks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, I think Peterman deserves one more start.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The media doesn't think McDermott is going to throw his players under the bus.

 

They are asking suggestive, juicy questions as an opportunity for McD to say maybe something interesting so they can write about it.  They're trying to get quote material.  

 

 

In that case it’s absurd and naive for them to think a head coach is going to take the bait with that kind of question. 

 

That’s really not the point though, is it? The point is that fans are outraged that he said he believes Peterman is an NFL QB in response to a loaded question, at his post game presser. As naive and absurd as the media can be, fans are often even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

 

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

He’s still starting games K-9. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×