Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Nate Completed 31 passes yesterday.  Of the 31 completions 25 of them were inside the 5 yardline. 4 more of them inside the 8 yardline.  The final two completions were inside the 15 yard line.  The dude was completing 2 yard passes all game long.  Peterman was afraid to throw the damn ball 35 yards on an end of the half hail mary.  Yes, the kid has a noodle arm.  Half the reason for the picks were because the ball took forever to get there and the receiver was mauled from multiple defenders by the time it did.

pass-chart_PET071806_2018-reg-9_1541371538218.jpeg.jpg

Gunslinger!  The Fail Mary run was the best! 

8 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Just because he was responsible (technically) for only one of the three INTs on Sunday doesn't mean he wasn't bad. Our only TD of the day came on a QB rush...our whole offense is deplorable from the scheme to the players executing it.

But to keep it Peterman specific, the guy did not get through his reads effectively at all (something that was supposed to be one of his stronger suits), didn't complete throws, and yes, had quite a few key dropped passes from his receivers, but it wasn't like he was driving us down the field otherwise by making accurate throws and reads. He was hesitant to pull the trigger due to past INT issues and missed the few open windows we had on a good amount of the drives; held the ball to long and took sacks. But at least he did do one thing, he discovered the incomplete pass. Doesn't help when the OL doesn't show up either and has a day like yesterday.

I need to go back and watch the tape to see when it was, but I remember seeing a replay of three simultaneous slant routes where all three receivers practically all ended up within 5 yards of each other, and KB was covered downfield. I really need to go find this play because for the life of me I couldn't figure out who was the hot route, much less what offensive mind thought that play would gain yards...and I'm still on the give Daboll another year boat.

My point was. Why yesterday. Why do bbn we need to go right in on him. We KNOW he isn't the future, we KNOW he isnt a starter, we KNOW he probably wont benon a team after next year. But on a day where the o line couldnt get out bbn of it's own way, McCoy averaged a yard a carry and K Benjamin somehow was allowed to keep coming back. People want to go right at peterman. Why go look at tape of Peterman what are you analyzing? He not a long term plan anywhere. I was just stating that yesterday was not a day I was in the mood to rehash the same crap we talk about everytime peterman stepped on the field. We have seen a 5 int half a 55 yard half. Been pulled from every game and this was somehow the one to talk about? No it's not. How about we talk about McDermott putting the bills in this position 4 QBs that wont win you games  is where we are right now

On 11/4/2018 at 5:13 PM, Agent 91 said:

Out of all the games we could talk about Peterman... why today? What did he do so bad today! How about we talk about Benjamin or that loser o line instead 

Are U serious????? He tried to run, instead of throwing a Hail Mary for 1 of 2 reasons.....either he was scared to throw another INT...

.or he was scared he couldn't reach the end zone......get that bum out of here.....Along with Benjamin and Clay!

Edited by Jaywrizzo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

I made the list myself.

I went to NFL.com and went to the home page for every NFL team and looked at their depth chart, as of this morning.

My point is that when I look at the list of backup QB's currently in the NFL, my guess is that half of them wouldn't do any better

at winning in Buffalo than Nathan Peterman. Not all of them, just half of them. Or maybe just 5 of them.

Tyrod Taylor used to be the franchise QB, he's on the list and he would do better.

AJM is also on the list and he didn't work out, so they got trade value for him.

Fitz is on the list and better than NP.  So is Teddy B, and McCown, and Foles, and I'm not sure about any of the rest.

They ALL could turn into interception machines with this Offense and Daboll calling the passing plays.

There are a lot of starters who would not have won the game with our O line and receivers.  I'm not convinced that we can evaluate NP or JA with this offense.  Every game that NP has been in has been a jail break.  How can we expect a QB to do well when he's been under constant duress?  Mahomes wouldn't have a chance here.  Our biggest problem is not QB.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That chart is insane. 

The amount of drops are insane, a lot of those incomplete passes were on target. How can't you be gun shy when your receivers suck at every facet of their game? This doesn't just go for Peterman but for Allen as well, I can see why he's been hesitant to sling the ball in there.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

My point was. Why yesterday. Why do bbn we need to go right in on him. We KNOW he isn't the future, we KNOW he isnt a starter, we KNOW he probably wont benon a team after next year. But on a day where the o line couldnt get out bbn of it's own way, McCoy averaged a yard a carry and K Benjamin somehow was allowed to keep coming back. People want to go right at peterman. Why go look at tape of Peterman what are you analyzing? He not a long term plan anywhere. I was just stating that yesterday was not a day I was in the mood to rehash the same crap we talk about everytime peterman stepped on the field. We have seen a 5 int half a 55 yard half. Been pulled from every game and this was somehow the one to talk about? No it's not. How about we talk about McDermott putting the bills in this position 4 QBs that wont win you games  is where we are right now

Because the thread was about Peterman? In an attempt to keep this thread topically relevant while responding to another poster, I was commenting on Peterman's performance, which was appalling in and of itself with 3.86 yards per attempt...among other issues noted. I'm not sure why you think this is the game being talked about, as if the discourse surrounding Peterman hadn't already existed prior to this point in time - but while he was only accountable for one of the three INTs, his paltry performance was the common denominator nonetheless.

I don't need to look at tape to tell you how bad Peterman was - my comment on watching tape was to find the play where we ran three slant routes R to L and all three receivers ended up 5 yards from each other. I wanted to see how much of that play was interfered and influenced by defensive coverage and how much was just horrific playcalling. Daboll has caused me more concern than comfort but I've still resolved to reserve judgment until we have an actual offense. Despite the red flags I've been seeing, I can't tell how much of what we are seeing belongs to each factor: i.e. WR corps, OC, QB, OL, etc. - i get it's all of these things, but how much is contributory to each I wonder.

All that said, Peterman most certainly wasn't the only problem on Sunday, that much is known and has been known. I also mention later on in this thread that while I don't believe Peterman belongs on an NFL roster, he is still the best option we have at QB right now to make us as competitive as we possibly could be given the current state of things. Barkley will not fair any better, not just because of the offense but because Barkley is flaming hot refuse.

The offense is historically bad, but I'm of the conclusion that while I would like to watch more competitive games this year, my focus was on next season about four weeks ago, even when Allen was playing. The only point to this season, for me at least, was seeing how the rookies developed, not expecting more than 4 wins, and being pleasantly surprised by anything more than that. Went to the Minnesota game and had the time of my life - went home and watched the absolute s***show against GB and still had fun watching our rookies struggle and develop into better players. Point is, this was never going to be a team to contend for a playoff berth this year, so the only reason I can find for all this irrational anger (felt by myself too after sundays), is how historically bad the performances have been. I bet anything McD/Beane and Pegs all knew we weren't going back to the playoffs this year, but I also bet they intended for us to compete better than this. Yes, the problem was choosing b/t McCarron and Peterman as our starter - not Peterman over McCarron. McCarron is a complete dumpster and would've given us the same results in a different manner. The problem was only having those two to pick from to begin with. But I'm going to wait for this regime to assemble an offense and show us what their intentions are on the offensive side of the ball and see where it goes before crying that McD should go. I'm skeptical and concerned, but just being realistic as well. This process started off in the right direction, we got a playoff berth and monkey off the back, we have the makings of an elite defense, now let's see what we can do with the offense. 

This thread is a perfect exmple of what I said in an earlier post.  Fans are not objective enough to base any kind of action on what they say.  We have fans who say Peternan played well and fans who say it was his worst game.  I'm not sure the latter is possible considering the stinker's he's played.  Statistically, he wasn't terrible, if you discount the first two fumbles that a lot of posters agree were not his fault.  I see some criticisms that he threw too many passes that were short of the sticks when they needed first down yardage.  That can be a legitimate criticism, but given the terrible state of the Bills' offensive line, no QB is going to have a lot of time to wait for a receiver to get open down field.  Whatever Peterman's ultimate potential, I think he may have gotten his last shot as a starter in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, TigerJ said:

I was not able to watch the game, so I can't comment intelligently on what took place.  Moreover, I don't trust the objectivity of anyone who posts here, so you haven't helped me.  All I can be sure of at this point is that McDermott is not going to carry 4 healthy QBs.  As the highly drafted rookie, Josh Allen stays, and I think Barclay, who hasn't had an opportunity to suck in a regular season game, is probably safe.  I wouldn't think Anderson or Peterman could be considered safe, but I'm not sure whether the Bills would consider cutting one or both of them.  If, as some of the above posters has suggested, two of Peterman's three interceptions today were bad bounces, that might give him the advantage, but obviously neither Anderson nor Peterman is doing anywhere near enough to win a game.  It probably would not be wise for a fan to get too attached to either one.

Oh don't worry. I don't think that's going to be a problem.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:27 PM, ctk232 said:

Because the thread was about Peterman? In an attempt to keep this thread topically relevant while responding to another poster, I was commenting on Peterman's performance, which was appalling in and of itself with 3.86 yards per attempt...among other issues noted. I'm not sure why you think this is the game being talked about, as if the discourse surrounding Peterman hadn't already existed prior to this point in time - but while he was only accountable for one of the three INTs, his paltry performance was the common denominator nonetheless.

I don't need to look at tape to tell you how bad Peterman was - my comment on watching tape was to find the play where we ran three slant routes R to L and all three receivers ended up 5 yards from each other. I wanted to see how much of that play was interfered and influenced by defensive coverage and how much was just horrific playcalling. Daboll has caused me more concern than comfort but I've still resolved to reserve judgment until we have an actual offense. Despite the red flags I've been seeing, I can't tell how much of what we are seeing belongs to each factor: i.e. WR corps, OC, QB, OL, etc. - i get it's all of these things, but how much is contributory to each I wonder.

All that said, Peterman most certainly wasn't the only problem on Sunday, that much is known and has been known. I also mention later on in this thread that while I don't believe Peterman belongs on an NFL roster, he is still the best option we have at QB right now to make us as competitive as we possibly could be given the current state of things. Barkley will not fair any better, not just because of the offense but because Barkley is flaming hot refuse.

The offense is historically bad, but I'm of the conclusion that while I would like to watch more competitive games this year, my focus was on next season about four weeks ago, even when Allen was playing. The only point to this season, for me at least, was seeing how the rookies developed, not expecting more than 4 wins, and being pleasantly surprised by anything more than that. Went to the Minnesota game and had the time of my life - went home and watched the absolute s***show against GB and still had fun watching our rookies struggle and develop into better players. Point is, this was never going to be a team to contend for a playoff berth this year, so the only reason I can find for all this irrational anger (felt by myself too after sundays), is how historically bad the performances have been. I bet anything McD/Beane and Pegs all knew we weren't going back to the playoffs this year, but I also bet they intended for us to compete better than this. Yes, the problem was choosing b/t McCarron and Peterman as our starter - not Peterman over McCarron. McCarron is a complete dumpster and would've given us the same results in a different manner. The problem was only having those two to pick from to begin with. But I'm going to wait for this regime to assemble an offense and show us what their intentions are on the offensive side of the ball and see where it goes before crying that McD should go. I'm skeptical and concerned, but just being realistic as well. This process started off in the right direction, we got a playoff berth and monkey off the back, we have the makings of an elite defense, now let's see what we can do with the offense. 

What is this rational opinion/behavior? Can you share with the whole class?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

This thread is a perfect exmple of what I said in an earlier post.  Fans are not objective enough to base any kind of action on what they say.  We have fans who say Peternan played well and fans who say it was his worst game.  I'm not sure the latter is possible considering the stinker's he's played.  Statistically, he wasn't terrible, if you discount the first two fumbles that a lot of posters agree were not his fault.  I see some criticisms that he threw too many passes that were short of the sticks when they needed first down yardage.  That can be a legitimate criticism, but given the terrible state of the Bills' offensive line, no QB is going to have a lot of time to wait for a receiver to get open down field.  Whatever Peterman's ultimate potential, I think he may have gotten his last shot as a starter in Buffalo.

It's more so the yards per attempt that gets people worked up, even beyond the INTs. 3.86 yards per attempt, and 189 total yards on a staggering 49 attempts? S*** cray.

Tangent warning and very much against my own opinions put forth on this thread: I do feel for the guy - he had a rough debut against the Chargers and I'm not sure has ever fully recovered. Then, to put the expectation of starting week one in his second season after being drafted in the 5th round seemed out of left field. Regardless of what he showed you in the preseason, I wonder how many 5th round QB picks were starting by week 1 of their second year...I don't mean to say this in support of the "Fire McD/Beane" squad or the "Nate should stay" apostles - to be honest I don't think he has the skill to be an NFL QB, but if I'm attempting objective thought here, I wonder if the kid could have been/maybe still could be a solid or even great back up in the league given his ceiling and was "ruined" by how he was handled his first two years.

Much in the way the conversation takes place around Allen, one could argue the way Peterman was handled inhibited his chances of ever being a quality back up in the league, and was never given the chance to develop the way a 5th round pick needs to, before being put anywhere remotely near a live game situation that doesn't absolutely call for it. I also weirdly wonder how much we can fully evaluate Peterman in this offense, similar to the points argued in the Allen conversations. Not like I think he'll be the next Brady, but in terms of being a longterm backup option at most...

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Petermen should be cut when Anderson is healthy & they should keep Barkley as the #3 to continue to  learn the offense simply because he has more experience & a better arm & when Barkley is up to speed as far as the scheme goes Anderson should be the #3 & Barkley #2 with Anderson to help both with his experience ...

Edited by T master

Good good when we're going back through film to prove 2 of 3 picks weren't his fault and the 3rd is questionable... That means he ain't good. If a Quarterback didn't throw prolific number of picks we wouldn't get arguing which picks was his fault to prove "HE'S NOT THAT BAD 50% OF HIS PICKS ARE ON A BAD SNAP"

• Like (+1) 2