Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Anderson will be back.  Allen close to throwing and we signed another QB this week.  Does he get cut monday finally?

Why would Peterman be cut Monday?  Today was nothing compared to the Chargers last year or to the end of the Texans game and they didn't cut him then. Today also had lots of built in mulligans for Peterman as 2 INTs were nothing to do with him.  As for Anderson he is possibly worse than Peterman, slower older and now post concussion. If you thought he sucked before , prepare yourself , Anderson has every possibility now of being EVEN WORSE.   As for the alternatives? Barkley and possibly Pryor, they don't interest me whatsoever. They are both mediocre and both were cut for a reason. 

They would be better off cutting Peterman and signing a young guy like Kyle Allen.  Peterman should never start another game.  With the offense being so putrid, does it really matter if a new QB doesn't know as much as Peterman, if Peterman sucks?

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, that hail mary play. Sheer panic. That should have obliterated any last remaining weird hope for this kid. I feel bad for him in the sense that McDermott has put him through this, any other coach would have let him down properly long ago. It's pure torture right now, for everybody.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

i think he took off running because he physically can't throw the football that far.

This, or as much as I think he's an unprofessional moody dork, I thought Schopp made an interesting point when he said it showed that the interceptions are in Peterman's head. It's not hard to believe considering how weird it was to run in that situation, and a neurotic Peterman is just maybe the most hilariously terrible QB to ever play the game. Either way, this poor kid should not have played in the NFL today. 

Edited by Nelius

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. I'm part of that club too. Even if it means Peterman starting, although I'd prefer just throwing Barkley in there and seeing what happens.

I'm part of this, too. Derek Anderson should just be released. He came here just to get injured. LOL Wow. that sucks.

I think Peterman is the worst QB I've ever seen in my life.   I've been watching the NFL for 30 years.   That doesn't make me an expert by any stretch, but I do have eyes and this guy sucks.  Noodle arm, no timing, no zip, no pocket presence...NOTHING.

How anyone can defend him at this point is beyond me.   I know our offense sucks almost all around, but would the results be any different if Peterman was the QB for the Rams, Patriots, Eagles, Falcons, etc???   I don't know what his problem is ..Mental?  Stage fright?  Frankly I don't care.  This is the NFL.   Rarely has a player this bad been given so many chances and I frankly don't understand how he didn't get cut weeks ago...

If it has anything to do with religion and faith I seriously will not watch another Bills game or be a fan until this entire staff is history...

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Anderson will be back.  Allen close to throwing and we signed another QB this week.  Does he get cut monday finally?

Allen close to throwing is still Allen not yet throwing, to say nothing of when he will actually hit the playing field again after that. Anderson coming back is like saying the light bulb that went out came back on after I jiggled it, but it could go out again any moment since I didn't actually replace it with a new one. He's pretty much a porcelain serving dish, and our line can protect him from hits maybe 60% of the time? Barkley is another body, you're right, but without knowing what they will see yet from him, I doubt the Bills will be in a mood to lighten the QB room any more than necessary through injuries alone. Short answer, no, he does not get cut tomorrow.  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I'm part of this, too. Derek Anderson should just be released. He came here just to get injured. LOL Wow. that sucks.

Derek Anderson came here to carry a clip board and explain defensive looks to a rookie starting QB.

He never expected to come here to save the franchise.............come on............give him a break.

He was already retired and busy doing family things.

On the other hand, Peterman is fighting for a job, and all this reference to him having a "noodle arm" is ridiculous.

Compare Tom Brady's arm  to Nathan Peterman's.....................come on, smart guys................do it.............

6 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Anderson play anymore. 

Nope! Count me in on that fan group. He throws a mean pick-6 himself, but without the common decency/courtesy of at least producing a TD drive somewhere along the way, which is at least something Peterman can lay claim to from the Houston game and today, sandwiched around DA's forgettable run. Again, I realize we are grading out differing levels of the same stink, but I feel the need to get technical after games like we've been suffering through lately.   

47 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I don't know.  Why did Benjamin fall down on that?  Slipped?  Pushed?  At the very least he made a lousy cut on the ball.  

Nobody wants NP out more than me but the first 2 ints were all on the lack of focus wrs and the 3rd one was a result of a very lazy route by who else. This offense is historically embarrassing in every way and when you add a weak armed qb  who holds the ball too long, what could possibly go wrong?

Ryan C Miller, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

"Watching Nathan Peterman run the Buffalo Bills offense is like the first time you discovered People of Walmart: You know it's wrong and a waste of time but you want to witness the next disaster. "

"Peterman started — and actually finished the game — for the Buffalo Bills in their 41-9 blowout loss to the Chicago Bears and threw three more interceptions to raise his impressive career total to 12 interceptions in 130 career attempts. Peterman now has as many pick-six interceptions (3) as career touchdown passes (3). "

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They can keep him if they want on the practice squad. God knows they never have to worry about any other team stealing him

If Ryan Tannehil is still injured, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins pick him up for a week or two as a backup and some intel on our already limited playbook

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d like to see more from Nate. He’s a young player. QBs take time to develop. He looks to me to be a starter in this league. I’m finally buying in on all of that I’ve seen here.

Kirby's gone over to the dark side.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The coverage was completely tight all game and there was no running game because they knew he couldn't beat them more than ten yards down the field. He was awful the whole game. Benjamin is terrible but that endzone pass was not really a drop, very very few in the league make that catch. The DB got his hand right into the ball before he could pull it in. It was a good defensive play. Very good pass into triple coverage but it wasn't really a drop. Hardly anyone could hold onto that ball when it is pumched out like that.  The INT that were unlikely bounces were not good passes or drops, they were just bad bounces. The second one was a bad pass. 

Michael Thomas held onto the ball on a similar play.  Of course, that’s why he’s a Pro Bowl player

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I feel bad for Peterman. He's been mostly terrible in live NFL game action, but damn if it doesn't seem like this guy can't catch a break. 

Yeah, i feel the same way even though I'd prefer he never sees the field again in a bills uniform.  He's really a perfect case study as to why performance in training camp is a poor indicator for success in the regular season.  Clappy McIdiot doesn't seem to grasp the concept.  I just got back from a long weekend in Alabama with family, and the consensus is that McCarron was let go because he's a leader and the clapping halfwit cant have any strong leadership from players.  McC played that way in Alabama, and would yell back at Saban when he got on his case.  The Process can't bear any thought outside approved goodthink by Coach Bonehead

• Like (+1) 2

Peterman is going to stick around and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts a few more games this season. I also wouldn’t be surprised if McDermott allows him to compete for the starting job again next year. He is the poster boy for McDermott’s ideal of culture. He goes when McDermott goes.

4 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Peterman is going to stick around and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts a few more games this season. I also wouldn’t be surprised if McDermott allows him to compete for the starting job again next year. He is the poster boy for McDermott’s ideal of culture. He goes when McDermott goes.

The more Peterman starts, the more value Beane attains from those draft picks which he can trade down and send those picks to Carolina to build “his” team

• Haha (+1) 1