Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

35 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Benjamin is terrible but that endzone pass was not really a drop, very very few in the league make that catch. The DB got his hand right into the ball before he could pull it in. It was a good defensive play. Very good pass into triple coverage but it wasn't really a drop

In a vacuum that was not a bad drop. The problem is that it is ALWAYS a drop. I literally cannot remember a single tough catch that a Bills receiver has made in tight coverage this year. Not one. I remember two diving catches where the receiver had separation, including one today and one from Robert Foster a few weeks ago. I can easily think of five or more easy catches that were instead drops from this season. But I can't remember one tough contested catch. And an offense needs that threat. You cannot expect any QB, let alone a backup, to make pinpoint perfect throws 100% of the time. Sometimes the playmakers need to... make plays. Today our playmakers had more negative plays than positive. How can you blame Peterman for that? How can any QB be expected to succeed in this mess?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billspro said:

If he’s not then the two guys running the organization should be fired on Monday.

I would like everyone who types “fired” to be fired. JMO

Grow up and have real, productive ideas. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

You are biased as well then. Because he was NOT a tire fire. The WHOLE offense was a tire fire. Do you believe in the process as well? The point of the post is to ask WHY ARE WE ZEROING IN ON HIM!!!! For everyone who wants to beat a dead horse go ahead. News flash... we have 4 not good QBs. So we are just going to just give the rest of the team, including the coaching staff, a pass... 

It’s the contingency of Bills fans that are defending a bad quarterback day in and day out. Today was supposed to be the big Nate day. Playing a full game. Gonna show everyone he’s good. Redemption game. 3 INTs 0 TDs. People are STILL defending him. Go away. Admit you’re wrong. I know it’s hard. But swallow your pride and stop making excuses for a busted 5th round garbage pick from Pittsburgh. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In a vacuum that was not a bad drop. The problem is that it is ALWAYS a drop. I literally cannot remember a single tough catch that a Bills receiver has made in tight coverage this year. Not one. I remember two diving catches where the receiver had separation, including one today and one from Robert Foster a few weeks ago. I can easily think of five or more easy catches that were instead drops from this season. But I can't remember one tough contested catch. And an offense needs that threat. You cannot expect any QB, let alone a backup, to make pinpoint perfect throws 100% of the time. Sometimes the playmakers need to... make plays. Today our playmakers had more negative plays than positive. How can you blame Peterman for that? How can any QB be expected to succeed in this mess?

I agree with 95% of that. There have been a couple contested catches, at least three by Benjamin. But for the most part they hardly ever make them. But that just wasn't a drop. I'm not blaming Peterman for their crappy play, I'm saying he doesn't do hardly anything to lead this team. He plays scared. Teams take away half the field. Teams put 8 in the box and press coverage all game long and he refuses to go up top to make them back up. He's playing awful and they are playing awful.  

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

The media doesn't think McDermott is going to throw his players under the bus.

They are asking suggestive, juicy questions as an opportunity for McD to say maybe something interesting so they can write about it.  They're trying to get quote material.  

1 hour ago, boater said:

Peterman will be cut when Anderson returns officially.

Gotta say, Anderson v. Peterman is a toss up regarding who sucks more.

No way. Bills won't cut any QB with this offensive line and Jets and Jacksonville next two. They will be lucky if Anderson survives another start. People forget the Colts and Patriots defenses are garbage and he couldn't survive two games. 

Play Peterman to the bye and then go Allen with Anderson backup. If Allen isn't ready just keep Peterman out there. Anderson should never play unless emergency. He gets another concussion and he will retire.

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

It’s the contingency of Bills fans that are defending a bad quarterback day in and day out. Today was supposed to be the big Nate day. Playing a full game. Gonna show everyone he’s good. Redemption game. 3 INTs 0 TDs. People are STILL defending him. Go away. Admit you’re wrong. I know it’s hard. But swallow your pride and stop making excuses for a busted 5th round garbage pick from Pittsburgh. 

His stats were on par with Anderson's stats except he scored a TD and played against a top 5 defense. Anderson did nothing against two of worse defenses in NFL.

The running game bigger problem than quarterbacks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

No way. Bills won't cut any QB with this offensive line and Jets and Jacksonville next two. They will be lucky if Anderson survives another start. People forget the Colts and Patriots defenses are garbage and he couldn't survive two games. 

Play Peterman to the bye and then go Allen with Anderson backup. If Allen isn't ready just keep Peterman out there. Anderson should never play unless emergency. He gets another concussion and he will retire.

His stats were on par with Anderson's stats except he scored a TD and played against a top 5 defense. Anderson did nothing against two of worse defenses in NFL.

The running game bigger problem than quarterbacks.

Anderson was 20-31 for 290 yds. Wtf are you talking about? Peterman threw 50 passes for less then 200 yds and 3 picks 

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The media doesn't think McDermott is going to throw his players under the bus.

They are asking suggestive, juicy questions as an opportunity for McD to say maybe something interesting so they can write about it.  They're trying to get quote material.  

In that case it’s absurd and naive for them to think a head coach is going to take the bait with that kind of question. 

That’s really not the point though, is it? The point is that fans are outraged that he said he believes Peterman is an NFL QB in response to a loaded question, at his post game presser. As naive and absurd as the media can be, fans are often even worse.

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

He’s still starting games K-9. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He’s still starting games K-9. 

Only because Anderson was out. Should he have gone with Barkley? Logan Thomas? Slim pickins to say the least. 

And yes, it’s a situation of their own making, but that’s a different argument at this juncture.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

In that case it’s absurd and naive for them to think a head coach is going to take the bait with that kind of question. 

That’s really not the point though, is it? The point is that fans are outraged that he said he believes Peterman is an NFL QB in response to a loaded question, at his post game presser. As naive and absurd as the media can be, fans are often even worse.

Yep. You can fault him a ton for starting Peterman any of these games, and sticking with him after it was glaringly clear he cannot get it done. But you cannot fault him for what he said in response to that question. It was a Catch-22. The real sad part is that it was a serious question. The fact that it was asked is troubling by itself. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. You can fault him a ton for starting Peterman any of these games, and sticking with him after it was glaringly clear he cannot get it done. But you cannot fault him for what he said in response to that question. It was a Catch-22. The real sad part is that it was a serious question. The fact that it was asked is troubling by itself. 

I guess we need to find out if opposing coaches are laughing (shades of Ronnie Jones).

1 hour ago, par73 said:

In his postgame press conference, McDermott stated that he feels Peterman is an NFL QB.

He pretty much has to say this until he actually cuts him (if that ever happens.) But I really wonder what he sees in him. He has so little arm talent that it's very hard for him out there. Even when he makes decent reads he has trouble making the throws.

Just now, vincec said:

He pretty much has to say this until he actually cuts him (if that ever happens.) But I really wonder what he sees in him. He has so little arm talent that it's very hard for him out there. Even when he makes decent reads he has trouble making the throws.

Yeah, but that is only evident if you watch him for ten minutes.