Finally the end for peterman???

Hebert19

Come on now. He deserved to be cut for his other performances, but not after today. Was he good? Nope. But he did look like a lot of 3rd stringers in this league. And he was accurate And besides a few flashes by Allen, no QB has looked good on the team this year! None. Maybe it's the team and not all on them? WRs and OLine, suspect playcalling - though last 2 games can we really blame Daboll? Man this team needs new players on offense next year! Shady was tackled in the back field all day long. But why not throw to him again? Run from swing passes instead of it in the middle? Why not see 2 back sets and unique sets like last week? So I guess I just had a turnaround moment on Daboll!

34 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Out of all the games we could talk about Peterman... why today? What did he do so bad today! How about we talk about Benjamin or that loser o line instead 

Totally agree.  Peterman was much better than many other parts of the package today, including the special teams.  No quarterback around would function very well behind our very offensive line.  It remains the death of any hope for this team. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d like to see more from Nate. He’s a young player. QBs take time to develop. He looks to me to be a starter in this league. I’m finally buying in on all of that I’ve seen here.

Agreed. There is room to grow. Sure he throws four yard passes OB on third and seven, but In two years I bet those four yard passes on third and seven become six yard passes on third and seven. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

What did he do so bad? 3 INTs 0 TDs and a 45 passer rating. This is the bar we’ve set now. What’d he do so bad!? Derrrrrrrrr

This.  I dont care if he threw for 3 tds today.  He's the worst QB I've ever seen in 30 years of watching the nfl.  He should be cut. 

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The coverage was completely tight all game and there was no running game because they knew he couldn't beat them more than ten yards down the field.

In games where Josh Allen was the starter our rushers (not including Allen) average 3.4 YPA. That would be tied for worst in the league this year. The run game has been terrible all year long. Admittedly it was even worse today at 2.6 YPA (not including Peterman) but there are other problems there.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Benjamin and the o-line should be the lead topic after this loss. Peterman wasn't the reason our offense stunk today. Shady rushing for 10yds, receivers not holding onto the ball were our problems today. Our special teams giving the Bears short field. Why blame Daboll for this mess? you don't blame a mechanic when a car doesn't run. Daboll doesn't have the tools to operate a pro offense. McBeane owned this cluster in an interview in The Buffalo News earlier this week. I compare this team to the Bears of last year. Until JA comes back there isn't a reason to watch this team

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's not, but it's incredible to me that he even has to answer that question seriously. 

It's not even close actually. Half the field is completely unavailable to Peterman. He would have to be twice as good as Anderson in the short game just to be Anderson's equal, and Anderson stinks. 

I will say that watching the NO receivers repeatedly win HARD contested catches, it can’t be argued that this WR corps doesn’t let all of the qbs down.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, billsfan1960 said:

What about the great rushing attack with Shady??? The offensive line needs more improvement than Peterman plus the receiver can't catch a pass or get separation. Why blame the Qb while the rest of the offense is bad. Everyone is looking for a Brady as a QB.He couldn't work with this O-line or receivers.

Bears defense is really good but man how is it we couldn't win at the point of attack on a single run today? Pass blocking was horrendous too. We really need to fix the O-line. 

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I will say that watching the NO receivers repeatedly win HARD contested catches, it can’t be argued that this WR corps lets all of the qbs down.

No question. They are godawful. That is the coaches and Beane's fault. But that doesn't mean NP doesn't suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

No question. They are godawful. That is the coaches and Beane's fault. But that doesn't mean NP doesn't suck. 

Oh, absolutely. I will add (as I did earlier) that while his talents are meager, he is pretty good at escapabilty in the pocket.

47 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Anderson will be back.  Allen close to throwing and we signed another QB this week.  Does he get cut monday finally?

No he played a decent game today the wide receivers and offensive line let him down. Those interceptions in this game weren't his fault.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

Benjamin and the o-line should be the lead topic after this loss. Peterman wasn't the reason our offense stunk today. Shady rushing for 10yds, receivers not holding onto the ball were our problems today. Our special teams giving the Bears short field. Why blame Daboll for this mess? you don't blame a mechanic when a car doesn't run. Daboll doesn't have the tools to operate a pro offense. McBeane owned this cluster in an interview in The Buffalo News earlier this week. I compare this team to the Bears of last year. Until JA comes back there isn't a reason to watch this team

There is a reason to watch this team.  Forget about football and treat it as a comedy show.

Peterman doesn’t even pretend to look past the first down marker. Every pass is 4 yds sideways to the flats. There is no point in him ever taking another snap for this team. Anderson and Barkley are both here until Allen is back. Please just end our suffering with Nate. If McDermott simply can’t exist without his boy Nate, put him on the practice squad.

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I didn’t say Anderson didn’t suck. I said he just doesn’t suck as much as Peterman. Hope that clears it up for ya.

Just because your opinion is clear doesn't mean it's correct. Anderson was Peterman 10 years ago. Now he's old and fragile and just as bad. 

Edited by DocLawless

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You obviously missed out on Losman.

Oh I saw him.   Losman was terrible but he also had a good arm and speed.  So some redeeming qualities.   Peterman has a noodle arm no vision no ability to read a defense and in no way should he be on the league. 

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You obviously missed out on Losman.

Oh I saw him.   Losman was terrible but he also had a good arm and speed.  So some redeeming qualities.   Peterman has a noodle arm no vision no ability to read a defense and in no way should he be on the league. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No, McDermott said he’s a QB you can win with in the NFL after today’s game. So no. Peterman is not going anywhere. 

McD was asked directly, at his post game press conference, if Peterman was an NFL QB. Should McD have chosen that time and place to say Peterman was NOT an NFL QB? Really? But then why stop there? The reporters should also ask if Benjamin is an NFL receiver or is Bodine an NFL center, and so on.

It’s absurd and naive for the media to think that a head coach is gonna throw players directly under the bus in that fashion.

2 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Just because your opinion is clear doesn't mean it's correct. Anderson was Peterman 10 years ago. Now he's old and fragile and just as bad. 

Let’s see if Peterman is where Anderson is 10 years from now and then maybe my opinion will change. 

But opinions being correct or not? Around here? Yeah, ok. 

• Like (+1) 1