When $90M isn't really $90M...

29 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I hear a lot of the #TeamProcess guys touting how much cap space McD & Beane created & will have available to them to "rebuild" the offense. Apparently that is supposed to serve as evidence that these guys know what they are doing. 

Do you McBeaners really think ANY free agent of any offensive worth will willingly come here for the going market rate? Do you have any idea just how much you're going to have to overpay to even get one of those guys to return your call? 

There is going to be a MASSIVE tax on Free Agent signings for the Bills during the next offseason. That $90M is going to go pretty quick on the marginal-to-mediocre talent that will inevitably sign here. Not to mention that they are only going to bring in guys that know their Scripture passages as well as they know their playbook, so the talent pool is limited to begin with. 

The intelligent & rational among us will soon realize that Free Agency might as well be seen as irrelevant moving forward. McD's ineptitude and arrogance has set this team back 5-8 years, at least.

I suspect that McBeane are going to have to overpay to replace those guys that they thought were overpaid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

If there isn't one available, then what?

Then we obviously draft one. I get it, this team sucks, you're upset. But you're really throwing out all logic with this. Every team faces the same problems every year. The ones that seem to be unaffected are the ones with good QBs. Only time will tell if we'll be one of those teams. While you may agree or disagree with the aquistions made, they are attempting to build a team like a modern NFL franchise in the era of free agency. Draft draft draft and sign a free agent or two when needed.

35 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I hear a lot of the #TeamProcess guys touting how much cap space McD & Beane created & will have available to them to "rebuild" the offense. Apparently that is supposed to serve as evidence that these guys know what they are doing. 

Do you McBeaners really think ANY free agent of any offensive worth will willingly come here for the going market rate? Do you have any idea just how much you're going to have to overpay to even get one of those guys to return your call? 

There is going to be a MASSIVE tax on Free Agent signings for the Bills during the next offseason. That $90M is going to go pretty quick on the marginal-to-mediocre talent that will inevitably sign here. Not to mention that they are only going to bring in guys that know their Scripture passages as well as they know their playbook, so the talent pool is limited to begin with. 

The intelligent & rational among us will soon realize that Free Agency might as well be seen as irrelevant moving forward. McD's ineptitude and arrogance has set this team back 5-8 years, at least.

Funny every regime has "set this team back blah blah blah"

You can get good in a single offseason if you play your cards right. 

All it takes is for a good draft and off season. Better make it your best this coming draft. Better hope Josh Allen is who you need him to be.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Bro, money talks, always has, always will, not just football, any business 

Just now, gotme365 said:

Forget free agency. The first thing they need to do is find a new o line coach. There is absolutely no running game and guys are still confused on simple stunts. Castillo needs to go the minute the last game is over

My first thought/hope is Daboll demands this change the day the season ends 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nope. 

We had to basically kidnap and then overpay Mario a few years back when we were not as much of an embarrassment around the league as we are now.  

From your lips to the quality FA's agents' bank accounts.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Browns and Bucs haven't made the playoffs in roughly a combined 30 years and they still make big signings seemingly every offseason. Buffalo will be able to sign guys if they want to.

Correct. I don't think the current state of the team is going to impact free agency.

The standard cold weather/small market aspect will always be a factor whether we like to admit it or not. 

At the end of the day, money talks.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

We had to basically kidnap and then overpay Mario a few years back when we were not as much of an embarrassment around the league as we are now.  

From your lips to the quality FA's agents' bank accounts.

Thats your made up fan version of the story.  Mario stayed because he chose to stay and was interested in signing here.  He even gave Bills first visit.  No one held him or kidnapped him.  He stayed to get a deal done and we got a deal done.  Everything you just said has literally no facts in it as to how we landed Mario

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats your made up fan version of the story.  Mario stayed because he chose to stay and was interested in signing here.  He even gave Bills first visit.  No one held him or kidnapped him.  He stayed to get a deal done and we got a deal done.  Everything you just said has literally no facts in it.

Whatever.  

If I recall correctly, we paid him the largest contract in the history of the NFL at that time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

How bout history?

Maclin and John Brown say hi.

FA say no to multiple teams every year.  We won’t be a special circumstance.  Maclin for instance had off field reasons.  But keep trying to force a paranoid narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Whatever.  

If I recall correctly, we paid him the largest contract in the history of the NFL at that time.

Which ANY team was gonna pay him, he was the number one FA.  So yeah, whatever.  Keep clinging to urban legends, I’ll stick with the facts.  Thanks

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

FA say no to multiple teams every year.  We won’t be a special circumstance.  Maclin for instance had off field reasons.  But keep trying to force a paranoid narrative. 

Which ANY team was gonna pay him, he was the number one FA.  So yeah, whatever.  Keep clinging to urban legends, I’ll stick with the facts.  Thanks

I cannot wait for all of the bargains we are going to get this off season from quality free agents itching for a chance to play for McCoach with a history of blow out losses and wanting to pay NYS income taxes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fact: the last good WR to sign as a FA in Buffalo was the corpse of TO.

48 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

So the $90M in Free Cap defense for McD is kind of irrelevant, since it does not really give them any advantage. That's my point. It's been difficult in the past to sign guys and now the situation is even worse. 

Kind of irrelevant? What? While I do agree a bad team in a small market makes it harder to get some guys and have to "overpay" compared to other teams, saying it's irrelevant is just being a pouty negative crybaby. Which after a stretch of games like this year can be easy to comprehend but come on.