Has a team ever held an opponent to under 200 yards of offense and still lost by 30+ points in NFL History??

Big Turk

I mean this is utterly embarrassing...the Bears had 191 yards of offense no the day and won by 32 points.  Has this ever been done before in the history of the NFL?  A team with under 200 yards of offense winning by such a wide margin?

• Haha (+1) 2

Its called points off TURNOVERS...

When your offense can do nothing but go backwards and turn it over - it gives the opposing team short fields.  How many times did we punt from our end zone?

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

And to think I was happy Mack was out for this game.... The OL was a sieve today, too many free rushers to our awful QB, there were at least 4 times our OL counldn't pick a blitzer or read a stunt correctly.

This OL is ALWAYS a sieve.  It's quite consistent.

Hidden yardage (penalties) doesn't count towards the stats.

Philip Gaines committed two pass inteference penalties... one for 47-yards and another for 43-yards. That's 90 yards on just those two penalties that don't go against the offenses / defenses stats but were terrible plays by the defense.

Turnovers of course were a part of it too.

Edited by suorangefan4

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I mean this is utterly embarrassing...the Bears had 191 yards of offense no the day and won by 32 points.  Has this ever been done before in the history of the NFL?  A team with under 200 yards of offense winning by such a wide margin?

I don’t get why fans should be embarrassed. We didn’t play. WE didn’t hand them points off of turnovers. If you are worried about THEM being embarrassed, they are well compensated for participating. I feel bad for a guy like Kyle, but only to a point. Moving on....

2 hours ago, jr1 said:

Super Nate

hehe...super dave osborne's grandson??

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They were up 28-0 at the half and didn’t have to pile up yardage

cruise control in a hammock 

1st half---23 yd drive,,,37 yd drive, intercept ,fumble recovery...

D didnt give up a lot.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

They were up 28-0 at the half and didn’t have to pile up yardage

cruise control in a hammock 

Good point. Sometimes total yards can be misleading. The Bears could just play conservative in the 2nd half with huge lead. Meanwhile, Peterman was going against a prevent/soft coverage defense, so he could dink and dunk down the field and gain some yards. 

Basically, the game was decided at half. Looking at the half-time stats would be more revealing of the game. 

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm going to guess no.

Your 2018 Buffalo Bills, trendsetters on a weekly basis.

finding new and exciting ways to **** the bed!

9 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Basically, the game was decided at half. Looking at the half-time stats would be more revealing of the game. 

i think the game was decided when the bears scored their second td. possibly when they scored their first. 

• Haha (+1) 1