Someone should be fired. Simple

DKBills25

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's crazy how people can excuse this HC.

His decision making on offense has been horrific since he was hired.

- Rick Dennison was a relic OC who couldn't hack it. No imagination let to a near NFL worst 18 PPG in 2017. 

- McDermott hand picked Peterman to start over Taylor last year. Complete train wreck with 5 first half picks. 

- Fires Dennison and replaces him with Brian Daboll, who has no success anywhere he's been. Yet again no imagination, and we're scoring 10.6 PPG in 2018 when the NFL average is around 25 PPG.

We need to accept that our HC just doesn't get it on offense. He can't hire good coaches below him, and this regime has not been able to upgrade the WR corps or OL. 

Bottom line is this; he inherited the 10th ranked scoring offense in the NFL from 2016, and has created the worst offense the league has seen for about 20 years in under two years. 

And that’s why I put stock into McDermott’s press conferences and Beane’s interviews combined with the personnel the acquire. 

All of it speaks to old, ancient theories.

Yes, once in awhile you can beat a team on the back of physical run game. But limiting turnovers is going to beat the Saints who have 35 against an 8-0 football team. Supporting a weak QB with a physical run game beats the KC Chiefs who scored an easy 37 points? 

Nick Chubb ran 22 times today for 85 yards a touchdown. His team lost by 16. Mahomes threw for 375 yards......

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SEAN?????

Watch the tape, study the film harder, show up one minute earlier to meetings, elite culture, line of scrimmage, playing physical, field position, punting, 3rd and manageable. 

We’re now 11-14 with McDermott....and 3 points in Jacksonville means what now? He’s burned that good with this 3-game stretch, 5-6-9 points scored. 20 points in 3 games. The Bears had 28 at halftime. 

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And the next 5+ blowouts coming our way.

If people can’t handle it, just go find something else. You CAN’T change it. Do NOT obsess on things you can’t change. Go all serenity   prayer and live you life. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The “someone needs to get fired” thread is the adult version of a temper tantrum. Just as unoroductive, just as childish.

It's obviously repeated, but depending on the blowout that week, we gotta decide if we should bump one of the 100 threads about fire XYZ, or make a new one pertaining to what's most recently happened. I'm saying the discussion needs to be made.. it's clearly the hot topic, but it gets bumped down by the end of the week.

I mean it's hella annoying that the same threads are made all the time. But I disagree if you don't think the conversation should be had some way.

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:
14 minutes ago, dubs said:

Lol that's pretty funny no /s. But nobody's.. well 50% of people in this thread aren't drunk right now and calling for a change of any sort after the umpteenth blowout isn't an unreasonable reaction.

What witchcraft did you use to make this quote?!?  Haha. Nice work actually. 

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's crazy how people can excuse this HC.

His decision making on offense has been horrific since he was hired.

- Rick Dennison was a relic OC who couldn't hack it. No imagination let to a near NFL worst 18 PPG in 2017. 

- McDermott hand picked Peterman to start over Taylor last year. Complete train wreck with 5 first half picks. 

- Fires Dennison and replaces him with Brian Daboll, who has no success anywhere he's been. Yet again no imagination, and we're scoring 10.6 PPG in 2018 when the NFL average is around 25 PPG.

We need to accept that our HC just doesn't get it on offense. He can't hire good coaches below him, and this regime has not been able to upgrade the WR corps or OL. 

Bottom line is this; he inherited the 10th ranked scoring offense in the NFL from 2016, and has created the worst offense the league has seen for about 20 years in under two years. 

Though I hate to admit it ... there is some truth here.  What we are doing now is paying up for free agents with this trainwreck.  Yes money talks but it will have to talk alot louder to bring any sort of quality offensive personnel to join this dumpster fire. 

Edited by WideRightRevenge
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, vorpma said:

OK, here it is! The buffalo Bills were a losing organization since 2001/2001; poor drafts, poor coaching. poor scouting and poor everything!! A culture of mediocrity that would sign a FA here and there to give us hope. In 2016 we had an almost .500 team, but many of you think we were close, we were not. This organization is in  the rebuild mode, not saying, yet, they will be successful, but we need to give it a chance, that means 2019! Get it?

Thanks man. Because I agree we have to keep Beane. Primarily because he tore this down with a specific vision and mind and no other GM knows what that is. So I agree with consistency. I SEE YOUR POINT. But it's a monumentally difficult task nonetheless.

As for griping about mediocrity for 10+ years. 8-8 IS NOT BAD. It means you have a team is a few wins from being good if you have a great draft. 3-13 ain't good. Means you're 2-3 great drafts and a true franchise quarterback from getting back to 11-5, let alone 8-8. All JMO. 

Look on the other side of the fan lens to see why they may feel that way. I try to do that (unless I deal with petermainiacs)

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I read nearly all of these "oughta be fired" posts with the voice of Abe Simpson from the Simpson's in my mind.  It adds to the comedy.

Lol very true. TSW and OBD exist for entertainment. Find a way to be entertained or punt for the season if it's emotionally hurting you.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Though I hate to admit it ... there is some truth here.  What we are doing now is paying up for free agents with this trainwreck.  Yes money talks but it will have to talk alot louder to bring any sort of quality offensive personnel to join this dumpster fire. 

I'm watching the Saints-Rams game and a Sean McDermott team isn't competing with either of these teams anytime soon.

There are flashy, high octane offenses that score at will because they're aggressive. They play to win games by scoring 40+ points similar to what college teams do. 

We are years away from being able to field a roster capable of hanging with either of these teams. It's unbelievable how bad we are on offense compared to these teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, dubs said:

What witchcraft did you use to make this quote?!?  Haha. Nice work actually. 

Dude I have no idea. Honest mistake, I was doing it on my mobile, and when I tried to fix the first weird thing it kept getting worse haha. You have no idea how long I spent trying to fix it (can't even. Delete quotes on mobile once I start them), until I said screw it maybe the post will display as I correctly quoted and typed lol.

I was trying to delete but can't find it and assume you're okay with it since you have it in a quote yourself. My b. But golly how on hearth did I embed a quote of my own post into yours and then into mine (that never existed) hahaha my mobile sucks, or the mobile on the site here idk.

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

If people can’t handle it, just go find something else. You CAN’T change it. Do NOT obsess on things you can’t change. Go all serenity   prayer and live you life. 

I'm posting my opinion, that's not an obsession lol. And the threads are for the most part too. I mean yeah some people are too emotionally invested. I just like to talk about the Bills in a Bills forum during the season.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm watching the Saints-Rams game and a Sean McDermott team isn't competing with either of these teams anytime soon.

There are flashy, high octane offenses that score at will because they're aggressive. They play to win games by scoring 40+ points similar to what college teams do. 

We are years away from being able to field a roster capable of hanging with either of these teams. It's unbelievable how bad we are on offense compared to these teams. 

Let’s go all the way jrober38. 

Lets blow the majority of the 10 picks and cap space on defense.

Maybe if we be the 2000 Ravens and hold teams to 10 ppg we could win. 

Never mind we’d be 4-5 even with that level of defense, let’s just go total counter current to the league. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Actually, the Rams were dead last in the NFL in offense just two years ago. So, apparently, achieving such offensive success as they are experiencing now doesn't have to be "years away." BTW, they added their franchise QB two years ago (and were awful his first year - averaging 4 PPG more than the Bills are now) and then added most of their offensive talent the last two off-seasons.

Hmmmmm….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Ya ever imbimbed alcohol son? Ya know what drunk people sound like? Ever been to a party. You've asked if 2 people are drunk just now lol.

Yup, been there and done; was born in 1956! And many of you sound drunk, including you - son!

• Haha (+1) 1

The people that should be "fired" is Beane and half the offensive players. I get giving Beane time to build a roster, but with the time he has been here the offense should not be this bad. The offense is super bad. There is no excuse for a gm to let the offense get this bad. You can blame it on a bad salary cap, you can blame it on injuries, you can blame it on focusing on defense, you can blame it on culture being more important than talent, but at the end of the day, every fan knew going into the season that the offense they built would be crap. It doesn't take a football genius to know what they did in the off-season was a recipe for disaster. Most of us predicted a bad offense. This bad offense falls on Beane for ignoring the offense. He put this crap talent together and sold it as an NFL caliber offense. It is not

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, the Rams were dead last in the NFL in offense just two years ago. So, apparently, achieving such offensive success as they are experiencing now doesn't have to be "years away." BTW, they added their franchise QB two years ago (and were awful his first year - averaging 4 PPG more than the Bills are now) and then added most of their offensive talent the last two off-seasons.

Hmmmmm….

Right.

They fired their defensive minded HC and hired an innovative offensive guy to replace him.

We should do the same. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

The people that should be "fired" is Beane and half the offensive players. I get giving Beane time to build a roster, but with the time he has been here the offense should not be this bad. The offense is super bad. There is no excuse for a gm to let the offense get this bad. You can blame it on a bad salary cap, you can blame it on injuries, you can blame it on focusing on defense, you can blame it on culture being more important than talent, but at the end of the day, every fan knew going into the season that the offense they built would be crap. It doesn't take a football genius to know what they did in the off-season was a recipe for disaster. Most of us predicted a bad offense. This bad offense falls on Beane for ignoring the offense. He put this crap talent together and sold it as an NFL caliber offense. It is not

50M of dead cap made that impossible.  If 20M would have gotten us 3 offensive players then Beane might have approached the last offseason differently.  We were between a rock and a hard place on QB's and WR plus nobody worth obtaining was out there for OL.  Just how the cookie crumbled for us.

• Like (+1) 1