Someone should be fired. Simple

DKBills25

Just now, joesixpack said:

Lewis wouldn't have made it past 3 years in Buffalo, where the terminally short-sighted fan is king.

Direct me to the coach that the Bills fired too soon who went on to great success elsewhere? They keep hiring turds and that the fans can identify them as turds faster than administration can should be concerning.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because it is always a good idea to fire everyone every 1.5 years....

It is a good idea when the person is terrible at the job. 

It is a GREAT idea when that person is constantly talking about "field position" and "establishing the line of scrimmage" and "the weather" after getting blown out regularly while fielding an offense that is securing a place in history as the worst ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The problem isn't firing the coach every 3 years, it's constantly hiring the wrong coaches. 

McDermott has proven to be completely incompetent as a head coach on the offensive side of the ball. 

That's not going to miraculously change next year... 

Getting rid of another OC would just do wonders 

Just now, jrober38 said:

The point is that McDermott and Beane are in charge of this debacle. Their roster moves, draft picks, and wasted free agent signings are all the things that cooked up this disaster. 

Having watched the last 26 games with McDermott as HC, I just don't get how anyone can think that this guy and his approach to limiting turnovers and winning one on battles is going to result in us fielding a quality modern NFL offense. We're trying to win games 14-13 while the top teams in the league are trying to outscore their opponents in 40-35 type games.

I'm watching the Saints-Rams right now and these teams are just going up and down the field. It's the beginning of the 2nd quarter and it's already 14-14. 

We are so far away from competing with these type of teams is unbelievable!!!! McDermott's offenses can't score!

So give him another offseason to rebuild it. Until now, he has not had the type of room he has and the high draft picks to do so. What is wrong with giving him one more offseason?

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Opportunity cost. Maybe us 2 year olds don't want a shiny toy, we want the toy that's better than out present toy so we are happier rather than keeping a bad toy during our childhood.

Are you drunk?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My analogy was not that you want a new toy - it was that you are like a two year old child who throws a tantrum, lashing out at everyone and everything, because you aren't getting what you want.

Yes and my analogy is to want want a new toy because my old toy sucks and I am not as happy as I could be. Because my parents ( the GM neglecting my well being) are bad parents.

Maybe we're 2 year old children throwing a tatrum for good reasons (like unfit parents not feeding us for a year!)

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

So give him another offseason to rebuild it. Until now, he has not had the type of room he has and the high draft picks to do so. What is wrong with giving him one more offseason?

Because what if he wastes all those picks on more offensive players who can't contribute?

He's signed numerous wide receivers who have all been crap. The OL he's signed have all been crap. The QB he picked was a guy most pundits said had the highest chance of busting. Oh, our offense scored a laughably bad 10 points a game. 

The hole can get a lot deeper if we blow the upcoming offseason drafting and signing players based off how they fit our culture vs how well they actually play football. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What's wrong is you give him one more year to bring in crappy players and miss on draft picks. The list of garbage that has intentionally been brought in here is scary.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Get a grip Junior!

The standard is 3 years not 5. There is not enough time nor resources to fix what has been done. 

The F.O. has already committed their firing offenses, they just won’t be fired until next year, which is stupid when it can be done as a proactive measure right after this season.

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Cincinnati's success in Lewis's tenure would be an upgrade.....

They placed those financial restrictions on themselves........

Yes it was.  It was needed to open up opportunities to obtain better players next year.  The Bills will have one of the best financial situations going into the off season.   This depressing season is one we just have work through.  It is hard to fairly evaluate coaching performances on the offensive side of the ball with such a lack of talent. 

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

What's wrong is you give him one more year to bring in crappy players and miss on draft picks. The list of garbage that has intentionally been brought in here is scary.

What draft picks has he outright missed on? Go on. 

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yes and my analogy is to want want a new toy because my old toy sucks and I am not as happy as I could be. Because my parents ( the GM neglecting my well being) are bad parents.

Well, recognizing and admitting that you have a childlike self-centeredness where everything is about you is the first step toward getting help

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Yep. A guy so good at tanking might not be good at doing the virtual oppopsite.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Because what if he wastes all those picks on more offensive players who can't contribute?

He's signed numerous wide receivers who have all been crap. The OL he's signed have all been crap. The QB he picked was a guy most pundits said had the highest chance of busting. Oh, our offense scored a laughably bad 10 points a game. 

The hole can get a lot deeper if we blow the upcoming offseason drafting and signing players based off how they fit our culture vs how well they actually play football. 

He had no room to bring in big names. He will next season. 

• Haha (+1) 1