Someone should be fired. Simple

DKBills25

Just now, Fadingpain said:

This is the key.

Stability/consistency is only helpful if the people you keep in place are competent.

If they aren't, you end up with the Marvin Lewis Effect in Cincinnati, and no one wants that.

Especially with the way the game is played. All of the best teams are run by innovative offensive minds. Defensive coaches are lucky to go 9-7.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

"Proven" in a season and a half? Christ. 

Our 2017 offense was awful relative to the rest of the league. Rick Denisson was a terrible hire, and he was fired at the end of the year. 

The 2018 offense is currently the worst the NFL has seen in at least 20 years. Brian Dabol was hired by McDermott to fix things, and things went from bad to absolutely horrendous.

Why would anyone think that McDermott is going to find a better coordinator and give that guy the necessary tools to succeed?

We're nowhere close to even being competent on the offensive side of the ball. On McDermott's watch we have the worst offense in modern football. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If they were really going to go with a scapegoat firing, Daboll would be the obvious choice.

Wouldn't he?

Sure. We could fire both because Beane's an extraordinary tanker. That's literally all I know about his abilities at GM so far.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I agree, I don’t want Allen back out there. They will ruin him by playing him with this roster. I am usually of the mindset of having a rookie QB learn by throwing him in there, but this is a special case. There is nothing to learn by playing with these guys.

That genie is out of the bottle! They have to play Allen as soon as he is ready. The worry is injury. No worries whatsoever about losing his confidence. I think anyone who is watched him play so far this year would recognize that. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Our 2017 offense was awful relative to the rest of the league. Rick Denisson was a terrible hire, and he was fired at the end of the year. 

The 2018 offense is currently the worst the NFL has seen in at least 20 years. Brian Dabol was hired by McDermott to fix things, and things went from bad to absolutely horrendous.

Why would anyone think that McDermott is going to find a better coordinator and give that guy the necessary tools to succeed?

We're nowhere close to even being competent on the offensive side of the ball. On McDermott's watch we have the worst offense in modern football. 

Dennison just was bad. Daboll has nothing to work with. Fire him or not, we need high draft picks on offensive talent. 

Just now, slaphappy said:

This is kind of what we wanted...isn't it? A complete tear down from top to bottom? Clean out the front office. Rebuild the roster. And start over. Well this is the short term result I would think.

No cuz playoffs last year meant we were just a player away from multiple super bowls. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This is the key.

Stability/consistency is only helpful if the people you keep in place are competent.

If they aren't, you end up with the Marvin Lewis Effect in Cincinnati, and no one wants that.

Cincinnati's success in Lewis's tenure would be an upgrade.....

5 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It may if we shore up the offensive line. Get better receivers and drop Peterman.  Keep in mind that this management team had severe financial restrictions placed on them, so they were limited on who they could sign.

They placed those financial restrictions on themselves........

27 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Don’t buy tickets next year

That conversation about taxpayer money going toward a new stadium should go well right now.

If this is how it's going to be and they think this is going well they can go be a jobber franchise somewhere else and steal that community's money for a while.

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!! Grow up son!

Opportunity cost. Maybe us 2 year olds don't want a shiny toy, we want the toy that's better than out present toy so we are happier rather than keeping a bad toy during our childhood.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I rephrased your sentence to be more appropriate because you made an analogy that we want a new toy, and I think a 2 year old analogy is more fitting to having methhead parents ruining your favor toy.

I'll explain what this means if you think it's more word salad. I'll try my best to get you to understand wit.

My analogy was not that you want a new toy - it was that you are like a two year old child who throws a tantrum, lashing out at everyone and everything, because you aren't getting what you want.

3 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

This is kind of what we wanted...isn't it? A complete tear down from top to bottom? Clean out the front office. Rebuild the roster. And start over. Well this is the short term result I would think.

Sure. But Beane is so good at tanking it's hard to see where his other talent lies

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Dennison just was bad. Daboll has nothing to work with. Fire him or not, we need high draft picks on offensive talent. 

The point is that McDermott and Beane are in charge of this debacle. Their roster moves, draft picks, and wasted free agent signings are all the things that cooked up this disaster. 

Having watched the last 26 games with McDermott as HC, I just don't get how anyone can think that this guy and his approach to limiting turnovers and winning one on battles is going to result in us fielding a quality modern NFL offense. We're trying to win games 14-13 while the top teams in the league are trying to outscore their opponents in 40-35 type games.

I'm watching the Saints-Rams right now and these teams are just going up and down the field. It's the beginning of the 2nd quarter and it's already 14-14. 

We are so far away from competing with these type of teams is unbelievable. McDermott's offenses can't score! He coaches like it's 1985 not 2018 where offense and scoring points is what wins games. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Apparently being a historically bad team on offense is part of the process in building a championship level team ?‍♂️

It's clearly a "digestive" process that produces a nice chunky turd.