Prediction...McCoy retires at end of the year.

Hebert19

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

then why the hell didn't we trade him when we had "multiple teams" asking about him on draft deadline day!

Stupid.

That's not on Shady.   The team probably would have revolted if McB dealt him for a 4th round pick...

However, that may have been a good thing, given how revolting they are today...

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That's not on Shady.   The team probably would have revolted if McB dealt him for a 4th round pick...

However, that may have been a good thing, given how revolting they are today...

The team wouldn't care if they got a 4th for him.  They see what they see..... and it's a business

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The team wouldn't care if they got a 4th for him.  They see what they see..... and it's a business

It's still an emotional game during the season.   Trading Shady--their only tru player on offense--would not have gone over well in the locker room.

Off season, it's all about the benjamin's.   In season, it's Friday night lights...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's still an emotional game during the season.   Trading Shady--their only tru player on offense--would not have gone over well in the locker room.

Off season, it's all about the benjamin's.   In season, it's Friday night lights...

I don't buy it.  They would wish him well.  With envy.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I don't buy it.  They would wish him well.  With envy.

They would wish him well.   But it would lose the room for McD.

Proud guys Kyle Williams and Alexander don't play the game just for a paycheck.  They want to win.    And the lack of commitment to that goal by management has got to burn...

• Like (+1) 3

Shady is wasted with this offensive line.

Many of us (with names other than Beane and McDermott) predicted this past off season that our offensive line would be inadequate for our QBs and RBs.  it turns out, many of us were correct.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Nope.  He wants a gold jacket...

Century 21 real estate?!  You have to admit, star power sells homes!

EDIT:  2 minutes behind.  Sorry, 'Houston's #1 Bills Fan'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Day late and dollar short I was.

McCoy's last 24 rushes = 24 yards, while Ivory has been averaging over 5YPC during the same stretch. We all know from the eyeball test that McCoy is not our best RB right now (no matter the why), and heaven help us if Ivory is also lost for any extended period of time. While Ivory was busy showing heart, McCoy has welched on even showing his face this week and ducks out again today before any questions can be tossed his way. Say what you will about NP, but he stood at the lectern and answered every question like a man. Today, McCoy did zero again to help out his QB, and honestly I'm not sure what on earth Brandon was smoking when he said McCoy is absolutely a vital part of this team's 2019 plans. Hopefully that changes at this rate.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

McCoy's last 24 rushes = 24 yards, while Ivory has been averaging over 5YPC during the same stretch. We all know from the eyeball test that McCoy is not our best RB right now (no matter the why), and heaven help us if Ivory is also lost for any extended period of time. While Ivory was busy showing heart, McCoy has welched on even showing his face this week and ducks out again today before any questions can be tossed his way. Say what you will about NP, but he stood at the lectern and answered every question like a man. Today, McCoy did zero again to help out his QB, and honestly I'm not sure what on earth Brandon was smoking when he said McCoy is absolutely a vital part of this team's 2019 plans. Hopefully that changes at this rate.

Agreed with everything you said. McCoy is done. There may be flashes here and there, but overall, he is too slow and can't escape like in the past. Today, I saw a big 300 pound lineman catch him from behind. I also saw last week on the wildcat plays continual lost yardage (except the first one). I hope Ivory is OK, because he is vital to the run game. However, now at 2-7, who cares.

• Like (+1) 1