The biggest myth on the Process/Rebuild

bostonadguy

Pass on QB Mahomes to pick DB CHECK

Trade  Sammy #1 WR for second rounder CHECK

Trade Darby DB for third rounder CHECK

Trade third round for garbage WR Benjamin

Trade MD CHECK

Trade up to draft Allen CHECK

HC and GM are two losers,  Sean thinks Caveman football wins in this and Beane backs him.  Fire both guys and hire young offensive minded HC

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

is there was no need for a rebuild. Trying not be beat a dead horse, but the talent was here. If they weren’t your guys, McBeane, then maximize their abilities to fit your scheme. The cap still would’ve opened up after contracts expired. This is utter disaster. 

The goal is to win the Super Bowl, not to be the last playoff team & exit after the 1st wild card game.  The team had no chance of becoming a Super Bowl contender as it was constituted.  Management is tearing it down in hopes of building that champion.  If you like 7 -10 wins a season, then there was no need for a rebuild.  I like their plan better, championship or bust.  This season is the bust, but I'm willing to give them the time to see if they're right.  

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

And this is the root of the issue.

Every few years we clean house, change scheme, drop and add players, get impatient, lather rinse and repeat over and over again.

And you were over joyed last time it happened.  Whats with your new found passion for continuity during the worst season we have witnessed since the Super Bowl era?

2 hours ago, Success said:

We keep wanting this season to be something it isn’t.

We’re rebuilding.  Maybe it could have been avoided, but it’s where we’re at and we have to ride it out

It seems like we’ve been rebuilding since 1997

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

if youre defending Rex you lose all credibility 

Funny, I was gonna say if you’re defending McDermott, YOU lose all credibility. 

There isnt a coach we’ve had in forever that has suffered this many absolute blowout losses in such a short time. And the teams were getting blown out by aren’t exactly world beaters. 

4 hours ago, Sgt. Ski said:

it all started with incognito and wood gone. no one was prepared for that

Except they started it with asking Incognito to take a pay cut. And that was AFTER they received confirmation that’s Woods career was over. 

Oh, and they decided that Russell Bodine was a solid replacement for both of them. 

Smooth move by this coaching staff and GM if you ask me. 

Edited by mrags

8 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

McDermott had cincinnati help his sorry ass

Still had to win out against Miami in order for the Ravens result to even matter

1 hour ago, major said:

It seems like we’ve been rebuilding since 1997

I feel like we never truly hit rock bottom though during the Drought--always able to "middle through" somehow to a bare amount of respectable mediocrity (which was also stifling at the same time), but this time, it really feels like we are falling fast past that point. Where that winds up for next year and beyond is still anyone's guess.   

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The goal is to win the Super Bowl, not to be the last playoff team & exit after the 1st wild card game.  The team had no chance of becoming a Super Bowl contender as it was constituted.  Management is tearing it down in hopes of building that champion.  If you like 7 -10 wins a season, then there was no need for a rebuild.  I like their plan better, championship or bust.  This season is the bust, but I'm willing to give them the time to see if they're right.  

The goal is not to win the Super Bowl, get real.

the goal is to be decent enough to keep the coaches employed for the next two years, which they are not meeting so far.

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

And you were over joyed last time it happened.  Whats with your new found passion for continuity during the worst season we have witnessed since the Super Bowl era?

You have a short memory. 2001 was worse than this by a wide margin.  And to answer your question, I want to see where this goes. 

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You have a short memory. 2001 was worse than this by a wide margin.  And to answer your question, I want to see where this goes. 

Wrong as usual.  This is the biggest string of blowouts the Bills have seen since I was old enough to watch.  Look at the scores in 2001.  We would KILL for double digit points week in and week out.

2001 Point differential was -155

Through 8 games 2018 Bills are sitting at -145

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wrong as usual.  This is the biggest string of blowouts the Bills have seen since I was old enough to watch.  Look at the scores in 2001.  We would KILL for double digit points week in and week out.

2001 Point differential was -155

Through 8 games 2018 Bills are sitting at -145

We started that year 1-10.

ONE AND TEN.

Point differential is meaningless, Wins and Losses are what matters.

That year was DEFINITELY worse. I should know. I had season tickets that year, driving 6 hours each way. It was hell.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

We started that year 1-10.

ONE AND TEN.

Point differential is meaningless, Wins and Losses are what matters.

That year was DEFINITELY worse. I should know. I had season tickets that year, driving 6 hours each way. It was hell.

i stopped that drive back and forth at some point in The Losman Era

not even a shred of a regret.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i stopped that drive back and forth at some point in The Losman Era

not even a shred of a regret.

The game against the patriots with the body part out of bounds therefore ball out of bounds nearly made me quit the team.

That was HORRIBLE so freaking cold, and such bad football

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The game against the patriots with the body part out of bounds therefore ball out of bounds nearly made me quit the team.

That was HORRIBLE so freaking cold, and such bad football

and yet I watch every Sunday with some hope in my heart

at least I won't catch bronchitis on the couch

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I thought I might lose a toe or three that game. Tunnel end zone seats pre-remodel

i never took chances like that, a few people in my life would have killed me