No Edmunds - Not Good At All

Kwai San

30 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think Nate Pickman lasts the entire game, giving up 5 INTs, 2 for Pick Sixes.

I dont think peterman will throw a pick this game and the bills will win...however im not banking (big $$) on it. But edmunds not playing puts the bills win in alot more doubt

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

6 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

As a whole he played well, but his missed tackle on James White on 3rd and 11 when down 12-6 (eventually 18-6) was a back breaker. 

And this is an example of the kind of losing I expected to see this year: generally decent play with a few critical missed tackles, a few critical INTs, and a few penalties at the wrong time to just not have enough to win.  Not the blowouts and total offensive ineptitude.

12 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I dont think peterman will throw a pick this game and the bills will win...however im not banking (big $$) on it. But edmunds not playing puts the bills win in alot more doubt

If Peterman doesn't throw a pick, it will mean he's not throwing.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Like the replay booth team the concussion protocol team just makes it up on the spot, totally ignoring obvious evidence, then they get a Collinsworth to crow how, after the decision, they were again perfectly right and he knew it all along

Yeah, really hope him playing the rest of the half doesn't lead to long term impact. Those additional hits once you have a concussion, even small ones can be really, really bad long term.

I'd be good with him waiting until after the bye to come back, if not longer, regardless of if he clears protocol.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And this is an example of the kind of losing I expected to see this year: generally decent play with a few critical missed tackles, a few critical INTs, and a few penalties at the wrong time to just not have enough to win.  Not the blowouts.

You put a few of those critical mistakes together at the wrong time, and you get a blowout. Of course that by no means excuses the historically poor offensive performance, you xan still get blowm out regularily and look like a somewhat competent offense. That said, those mistakes are not random, the other team is game planning to put people into situations to make the mistake...the question is, is the same mistake happening consistently or are they learning?

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Like the replay booth team the concussion protocol team just makes it up on the spot, totally ignoring obvious evidence, then they get a Collinsworth to crow how, after the decision, they were again perfectly right and he knew it all along

No.

Every player does "baseline testing" on a computer.  After a concussion, they have to return to baseline.  John Urschel, the (now retired) Ravens OLman who is working on a doctorate at MIT, joked "I must have been having a good day when I did my baseline, 'cuz it took me a long time to get back there"  This is part of the protocol from high school on up these days.

Then there's a staged protocol where they return to activity with continued neurological and balance assessment.   There is some subjectivity in the sense of the player self-reporting symptoms such as headache, nausea, vision changes and so forth but it's far from "making it up on the spot".

The catch is that the limited neuro testing they do on the sideline doesn't catch everything, so some players clear and go back in only to be caught on more rigorous screening later.  They had to do it that way because if they made the sideline testing as rigorous as the full testing at rest, normal un-concussed guys who have been playing their guts out for 50 minutes wouldn't pass it.

Well, plus some players may deliberately fudge their baseline so it's easier for them to get back.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And this is an example of the kind of losing I expected to see this year: generally decent play with a few critical missed tackles, a few critical INTs, and a few penalties at the wrong time to just not have enough to win.  Not the blowouts and total offensive ineptitude.

This is what we had in 2013 IIRC when we had rookie EJ Manuel plus UDFA rookie Jeff Tuel and UDFA Thad Lewis.  That team was in most games until late when sometimes the score would get out of hand -- and the QBs were, on paper, less talented than the current QB group. 

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't understand how some players are cleared by Thursday and some are cleared on Saturday.  The hit to the head didn't look that bad, this is a huge loss and I really have enjoyed watching this rookie play and get better each week.

He got completely rocked to the bone.  It didn’t look bad?  Take another look.  It was a full on body block that wrecked him.  I’m aurlised he played another snap. A career ruining type hit imo.  Not illegal in any way, just tough to absorb

Stanford looked solid in Spot duty.

I think it's a great opportunity to see what a guy who's easily the best athlete on the team can do with a week's worth of preparation against a creative offensive play caller.

If Stanford acquits himself well, it could give the staff a chance to consider re-signing him this offseason.

I love all the Peterman INT jokes, but I predict he has a good game with high percentage passes. Maybe 1 pick, cause even Brady gets picked every now and then. Will be back to check on this. I think the guy has just had some tough luck when he tries a bit too hard to make a play. Hopefully someone has gotten into his ear and told him he doesn't have the arm for that type of thing. Play YOUR game, son.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Instead of pregame drills of passing to Bills WRs in their routes, Peterman will practice throwing to the Bears secondary 

I don't understand why this excessive negativity to Peterman.  At the end of the day, I am a Bills fan and I want to see my Bills players succeed. We should all be rooting for our current starting QB Peterman. Go Bills.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.

Every player does "baseline testing" on a computer.  After a concussion, they have to return to baseline.  John Urschel, the (now retired) Ravens OLman who is working on a doctorate at MIT, joked "I must have been having a good day when I did my baseline, 'cuz it took me a long time to get back there"  This is part of the protocol from high school on up these days.

Then there's a staged protocol where they return to activity with continued neurological and balance assessment.   There is some subjectivity in the sense of the player self-reporting symptoms such as headache, nausea, vision changes and so forth but it's far from "making it up on the spot".

The catch is that the limited neuro testing they do on the sideline doesn't catch everything, so some players clear and go back in only to be caught on more rigorous screening later.  They had to do it that way because if they made the sideline testing as rigorous as the full testing at rest, normal un-concussed guys who have been playing their guts out for 50 minutes wouldn't pass it.

Well, plus some players may deliberately fudge their baseline so it's easier for them to get back.

This is what happened to Jason Pominvile, too. He couldn’t replicate the baseline cognitive results established before the season and it took him weeks to pass the concussion protocol even though he had been symptom free during that time frame. He was having a high performance day when originally tested. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Stanford looked solid in Spot duty.

I think it's a great opportunity to see what a guy who's easily the best athlete on the team can do with a week's worth of preparation against a creative offensive play caller.

If Stanford acquits himself well, it could give the staff a chance to consider re-signing him this offseason.

Agree, assuming he plays (other than STs). Saw a post the other day that said he was not a good athlete. But I thought his test scores (pro day I think) were really very good and his power lifting exploits confirm his raw strength. 

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Not really. He had that one really good play to get a stop but after that I saw missed tackles.

Yeah, the book on him is that he's good as long as the play is in front of him in the run game but he can take poor angles and can be a step slow in getting back into position to make a play - exactly what we saw Monday night. With Jets and Lions he didn't play much on passing downs. So STs has been his meal ticket in the pros.