BillsMafia donates to Chicago foundation after being called "laughing stock of NFL" UPDATE: Now up to $10,000

Heavy Kevi

its nice that some fans have donated to a charity

its unfortunate that some fans have adopted a less than classy approach to supporting their team

big thumbsdown to whoever came up with the "billsmafia" term to describe our fanbase,  when has anything with the term "mafia" meant anything good.

i was more embarrassed to be a bills fan on monday night due to the fans than the product on the field,  and thats saying alot.

keep it classy Bills fan,  if thats even possible.

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

its nice that some fans have donated to a charity

its unfortunate that some fans have adopted a less than classy approach to supporting their team

big thumbsdown to whoever came up with the "billsmafia" term to describe our fanbase,  when has anything with the term "mafia" meant anything good.

i was more embarrassed to be a bills fan on monday night due to the fans than the product on the field,  and thats saying alot.

keep it classy Bills fan,  if thats even possible.

The Bills Mafia namesake was originated by a good guy named Del Reid who does a lot of really impressive charity work in the community.  Only after the fact did it start to become associated with the table jumping and other stupid antics in the parking lot.  Me personally I miss the old school 12th Man days but gotta change with the times I guess.

12 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/billsmafia-donates-to-chicago-foundation-after-being-called-laughing-stock-of-nfl-/1571092616

Basically, the Bears trashed us, and Bills Mafia decided to do the new-look Bills Mafia thing and donate money to a Chicago area Pediatric cancer center. 

If anybody would like to continue the contribution, they can donate here (to a fantastic cause): https://www.bearnecessities.org/donate/

This is awesome - the perfect way to respond to the criticism!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, klos63 said:

sorry, go and brag about it.

Who the heck is bragging? Do you even know what bragging means? It doesn't mean linking a media article on a message board, and then engaging in positive banter about it... at least in my understanding of the word in the traditional English language. 

Good freaking grief, dude.

• Like (+1) 1

Still going. Up to more than $8K.

And pretty neat story of the name of the organization. It has nothing to do with the Chicago Bears. It was founded by a mother and her son 26 years ago when he was diagnosed with cancer at age 3. His name was Barrett but his nickname was Bear. He died shortly after his eighth birthday. His mother has kept his memory alive through the organization. They have raised 4 million for pediatric cancer research. 

• Like (+1) 2