When was the last time an NFL team gave up on a HC too soon?

BADOLBILZ

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

To be fair, the current Bills offense is performing at an all time franchise worst level. Fans are naturally irate, and firings should be a serious consideration by team ownership. 

Yep. I’m not certain that Modell messed that one up. He got a Super Bowl win, and the Belichick we know today only happened because of two things: Mo Lewis and Tom Brady. 

You know, that brings up a really interesting thought. What kind of coach would Bill Belichick even be if not for Brady? He had the one season with Matt Cassel where they went 10-6, but that's not enough of a sample size to say definitively one way or the other.

It's not an original thought, but I'm sure he'd love to win a ring without Brady. Obviously the whole Jimmy G thing has been discussed to death.

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The whining is at epic proportions.  Everyone on this board, every single person, knows there are no firings coming.  Yet we are deluged with these same type threads on a constant basis.

Says the one whining of others whining!

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

SInce Mcd isnt getting fired.....I dont know why this is even a question

You're assertion is exactly why OP posed the question.

Is there a counter argument or examples that refute it? 

One that I can think of is Joe Torre, but that's a different sport. By and large he was a failure as a manager for the Mets, Braves and Cardinals, but became a genius as manager of the Yankees (and yes, the last part is sarcasm).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Brees didn't become a great QB until he hooked up with Sean Payton who brought out his best.  The Chargers have done well by having Rivers.

I must have missed those meaningful games Rivers has won

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It takes the right QB along with other players in addition to coacching. I must have missed the meaningful games Marty won. 

Marty got let go after coaching the Bolts to 14 - 2 and losing to the Pats in the post season

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

One that I can think of is Joe Torre, but that's a different sport. By and large he was a failure as a manager for the Mets, Braves and Cardinals, but became a genius as manager of the Yankees (and yes, the last part is sarcasm).

Belichick

Pete Carroll

Andy Reid

42 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The whining is at epic proportions.  Everyone on this board, every single person, knows there are no firings coming.  Yet we are deluged with these same type threads on a constant basis.

Exactly.  I get people are frustrated but these guys arent getting fired so why do we keep talking about it.  This regime just drafted what they hope is their future QB.  They arent going anywhere.  People can complain all they want...it will make no difference 

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yes but hes posing the question because he wants McD to get fired.  It's the samething as another fire McD thread.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Belichick

Pete Carroll

Andy Reid

I'll give you Belichick and Carroll, but Reid was hardly a guy who was fired too soon. I mean they gave the guy what, 16 years? 

Reid is solid, but I think the premise of this thread is a good one. VERY seldom does a coach get fired "too quickly." 

• Like (+1) 1