Sabres can score more points than the Bills

Cygnus99

The Sabre youngsters are finally growing up. At the same time, the "system" coach appears to be having success. (I do not like system coaches)

I'd say the Bill's are two years from rookie impact, two years from coaching impact. I know that timeline will burn the britches of many.. too bad, the truth can hurt.

29 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Buffalo deserves one team to be good. I don’t follow hockey but are the sabres good?

Its a shame so many of you don't watch or follow hockey. IMO its the best sport out there. With Sabres looking like they are turning it around this season, I wish more Bills fans would pay attention to the other team in town.

21 minutes ago, boater said:

The Sabre youngsters are finally growing up. At the same time, the "system" coach appears to be having success. (I do not like system coaches)

I'd say the Bill's are two years from rookie impact, two years from coaching impact. I know that timeline will burn the britches of many.. too bad, the truth can hurt.

Honest question- If not a system coach , what type of coach is there? don't all coaches try to implement their own system?

Sabres are currently in a four-way tie for second place in the Atlantic Division with 16 points, although the Sabres have played more games than the other three.

Still, they are looking a lot better this year. They are getting competent goalie play from Hutton and Ullmark, and the offense looks good. Defense is still an issue, though.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sabres are currently in a four-way tie for second place in the Atlantic Division with 16 points, although the Sabres have played more games than the other three.

Still, they are looking a lot better this year. They are getting competent goalie play from Hutton and Ullmark, and the offense looks good. Defense is still an issue, though.

and 3 first round picks in the next draft.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

And only one freaking point out of first!

4 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

And only one freaking point out of first!

The nice thing is that they have been competing even in their losses. Before tonight they lost 3 straight, but took 2 of them to overtime. They have had a couple bad games, but most of them have been competitive even when losing.

Edited by MJS

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

The nice thing is that they have been competing even in their losses. Before tonight they lost 3 straight, but took 2 of them to overtime. They have had a couple bad games, but most of them have been competitive even when losing.

That right there is why I think so many are negative about the rebuild of the Bills. Most expected they would be bad but were expecting to be competitive and they are far from it. 

43 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

They are showing signs of progress.  Could be a fringe playoff team this year.  Should only continue to keep getting better each year from here on out.

Yeah and in hockey the teams still have long term control over young players and there is no positional comp to QB............so tanking can still potentially pay off huge.

The teams to beat in the NHL in recent years have been the Blackhawks and Penguins and both were built around top of the draft selections.......that fact bodes well for the Sabres who've been stocked by half a decade of playing utter unwatchable hockey

After having paid the long term price of losing hockey......hopefully we get to enjoy some Stanley Cup wins before the NHL gets out of the stone age.

• Like (+1) 2

The Sabres are playing some good hockey so far this season. 

There are going to be ups and downs because they have ave a lot of young guys in the lineup as well as a lot of new faces. But they are finally a fun team to watch again! 

They are actually doing doing the things successful hockey teams do. This truly looks like a different team compared to years past. It’s exciting. 

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep. They got points in 2 of their 3 most recent losses. That’s something playoff teams do. 

They now have points in 6 of their last 7 games and were on a 5 game point streak up until Thursday. 

50 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I've already watched the Sabres more this year than the last 3 seasons combined.

Be it maturation or fresh talent, or both, this team appears to be able to compete.  

Same here.  I have always been a huge Sabres and hockey fan but  I couldn't waste my free time watching the last few years.