Raiders release Bruce Irvin

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He gets pushed around very easily in the run game and he freelances a lot. You want guys like KW and Hughes who control their gaps and do what they are supposed to do.

Ya but if you just use him for passing situations (which is what he should be doing)

i dont think its a bad pickup 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Are the Raiders purposely going through their suffering prior to moving to Vegas?

Yes. If they want to build a large fanbase in LV, they will need to compete immediately after arriving.

Edited by Koko78

7 hours ago, billspro said:

Man it going to be hard to compete with the Raiders for 1st overall. Lets see how Peterman responds to this move.

Peterpick sees your Irvin and raises you another pick 6.....

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Over/Under on how many years before Gruden is fired and back in the MNF booth? The line shall be set at 3.5.

Thats ALOT of $$$ the Raiders will eat......I dunno about 3.5 years....

• Like (+1) 1

If Irvin can choose location as an UFA, the only way he chooses Buffalo is more money.  Why should we do that?  He's not a building block and we need to stop trying to build a future while wasting money on a wasted present.

Don't bother with this.

8 hours ago, T master said:

Bring him in for the rest of the year & see if he can continue with what he gave Gruden while out there . He made some 5 sacks & quite a few pressures but Gruen said he didn't fit his 4/3 D I think he's just not Grudens choice !!

Kick the tires why not !! 

Three. Bruce Irvin "made" 3 sacks so far this season. 

But on that defense, three sacks is actually something.