#35 (AP) #21 (USAToday) UB - 48 Kent St.-14 9-1 best UB record ever

PromoTheRobot

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

UB out gaining Kent State 455 to 34 ?

And Ohio best KSU by one earlier. Go figure.

HUUUGE game tonight at 7pm on ESPNU: Ohio @ Miami OH...the team that hung 42 on UB last week. If Ohio loses, that pretty much clinches the MAC East for UB. All they would need to do is beat dead-last Bowling Green the following week. Then I'm booking my flight to Detroit!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And Ohio best KSU by one earlier. Go figure.

HUUUGE game tonight at 7pm on ESPNU: Ohio @ Miami OH...the team that hung 42 on UB last week. If Ohio loses, that pretty much clinches the MAC East for UB. All they would need to do is beat dead-last Bowling Green the following week. Then I'm booking my flight to Detroit!

Yes, I mentioned that, as well, to friends.

However, for the bigger stage outside of the MAC if the Bulls are to be considered a top 25 team as we were talking about before I want them to be the team that give's Ohio (the preseason favorite) its only bloody nose, than hopefully lay some wood on Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship.

I know we would need other teams to lose, but I would be stunned if the Bulls got to 12-1 and weren't in the top 25.

Nice win by UB,.. pretty boring actually.  They emptied the bench like 3 mins into the 3rd Qtr.   That Patterson kid is an awesome RB.  The Bulls have great depth at RB and last night was all about keeping the ball on the ground in those conditions.

Ohio is playing their best ball right now and I think they beat Miami tonight.  I *hope* Miami can pull an upset but not counting on it.  It's bizarre that UB may have to go undefeated in the MAC to win the East.  Winning at Ohio with all the chips on the line will be a tough game for sure.  If Ohio wins at Miami and vs. UB, then I give them all the credit.  Two tough games and they need em both.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Nice win by UB,.. pretty boring actually.  They emptied the bench like 3 mins into the 3rd Qtr.   That Patterson kid is an awesome RB.  The Bulls have great depth at RB and last night was all about keeping the ball on the ground in those conditions.

Ohio is playing their best ball right now and I think they beat Miami tonight.  I *hope* Miami can pull an upset but not counting on it.  It's bizarre that UB may have to go undefeated in the MAC to win the East.  Winning at Ohio with all the chips on the line will be a tough game for sure.  If Ohio wins at Miami and vs. UB, then I give them all the credit.  Two tough games and they need em both.

Well said.  Additionally, as far as the game being boring, if you get my drift I don't want that to be something that hurts the Bulls and the conference.  Doesn't help that attendance was off due to the MACtion Tuesday and the 45-50 MPH winds.

That said, what a show Ohio and Buffalo could put on for the nation next week, especially if something is at stake and both teams are at their best.

If you are a college football fan around this country are you going to pass up a Wednesday night game between 9-1 and  7-3 teams that decide a conference division...regardless of what conference it is?

Even if I wasn't from here I sure as F*** wouldn't miss it!*

*  Sorry, the swear word was just indicating my excitement for the game, which should be felt by all college football fans.   :P 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Well said.  Additionally, as far as the game being boring, if you get my drift I don't want that to be something that hurts the Bulls and the conference.  Doesn't help that attendance was off due to the MACtion Tuesday and the 45-50 MPH winds.

That said, what a show Ohio and Buffalo could put on for the nation next week, especially if something is at stake and both teams are at their best.

If you are a college football fan around this country are you going to pass up a Wednesday night game between 9-1 and  7-3 teams that decide a conference division...regardless of what conference it is?

Even if I wasn't from here I sure as F*** wouldn't miss it!*

*  Sorry, the swear word was just indicating my excitement for the game, which should be felt by all college football fans.   :P 

It will be shown on ESPN2.

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Maybe so.  As long as they can keep Leipold and his staff here.

AD Mark Alnutt needs to give Lance a raise and an extension.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

#116 out of 123 known coaches salaries.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

AD Mark Alnutt needs to give Lance a raise and an extension.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

#116 out of 123 known coaches salaries.

Yup. Pay the man,  or go back to the unknown and maybe be a bottom feeder again. 

After we played Rutgers, there was a 5-page thread on their board about Leipold and their fans wanting RU to hire him.  His name is out there and it's up to UB administration to keep him around.  

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yup. Pay the man,  or go back to the unknown and maybe be a bottom feeder again. 

After we played Rutgers, there was a 5-page thread on their board about Leipold and their fans wanting RU to hire him.  His name is out there and it's up to UB administration to keep him around.  

SUNY is not known for lavish coaches salaries. That's why WNY'ers need to start filling the stands for football and basketball. A few donor checks would be nice too.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

SUNY is not known for lavish coaches salaries. That's why WNY'ers need to start filling the stands for football and basketball. A few donor checks would be nice too.

Yeah, it's tough.  If he gets offered $2M from some P-5 school to bolt, UB can't match that. But maybe he likes WNY and  being a big fish in a small pond so to speak.  He seems to like stability.... and starting over somewhere else (going through the growing pains process) may not be appealing.   

Hopefully with the new indoor practice facility on the horizon, any potential new coach would not be starting from scratch anymore.  That facility looks really nice.  UB should be able to reload in the MAC arms race going forward.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Maybe so.  As long as they can keep Leipold and his staff here.

Well that’s the biggie 

they will be a MAC dynasty if he’s does 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

His name is out there but Rutgers fans are delusional if they think he will go there lmao

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yeah, it's tough.  If he gets offered $2M from some P-5 school to bolt, UB can't match that. But maybe he likes WNY and  being a big fish in a small pond so to speak.  He seems to like stability.... and starting over somewhere else (going through the growing pains process) may not be appealing.   

Hopefully with the new indoor practice facility on the horizon, any potential new coach would not be starting from scratch anymore.  That facility looks really nice.  UB should be able to reload in the MAC arms race going forward.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well that’s the biggie 

they will be a MAC dynasty if he’s does 

His name is out there but Rutgers fans are delusional if they think he will go there lmao

They've managed to keep Oats around. In fact he just bought a million-dollar place on the Niagara River in Grand Island. Part of what might keep him here a little while longer is his wife was being treated for cancer at Roswell Park. (I think she's okay now.) Speaking of, UB is at WVU Friday 9pm on ESPN2. That could be an early calling card for the Bulls. They are already knocking on the Top 25 door.

I'm sure Alnutt is talking to Lance. He may not be able to keep him but a new deal at least gives UB a nice buyout if he does go. I think Oats buyout is a million this year and goes down going forward. Same with Legette-Jack. (Not a mil but a significant figure.) Just like Oats was Hurley's assistant and moved up, they'd like to grow their next coaches from their staff of assistants.

It's unreasonable to expect to keep great coaches for long time. That's what being a mid-major is all about. But they can play the game right, maintain continuity in the program and stay successful. Then your school gets the rep of being a pipeline to the P5 and you get good people wanting to get on board.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.