Is the CFP ranking process flawed?

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The teams in the finals would have 16 game seasons. Pros played only 14 for many years. That 1 extra game could destroy a multi-million dollar career for a student athlete, many of whom come from impoverished backgrounds. It isn't fair imo.

I even think that the conference championship games are b%%^&$@#.

4-5 years ago, the P5 teams had the NCAA by the nut sack, threatening to pull out unless it coughed up some exceptions.

At the very least, the P5 should have demanded a new upper division for the P5 teams only, in order to stay in the NCAA.

30 minutes ago, Cynical said:

4-5 years ago, the P5 teams had the NCAA by the nut sack, threatening to pull out unless it coughed up some exceptions.

At the very least, the P5 should have demanded a new upper division for the P5 teams only, in order to stay in the NCAA.

universities don't exist just so fans can get their jollies watching more and more football games

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

For the uniqueness of it, or do you honestly think it would provide an advantage (game in December vs Southern team)?

I don’t know if it’s an advantage or they need an advantage. But they do play games in snow, cold, wind as well as practice in it in the regular season, so they would have more acclimation to it. I would also love to see any team go up to happy valley at night regardless of weather and see how that goes.

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

For the uniqueness of it, or do you honestly think it would provide an advantage (game in December vs Southern team)?

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if it’s an advantage or they need an advantage. But they do play games in snow, cold, wind as well as practice in it in the regular season, so they would have more acclimation to it. I would also love to see any team go up to happy valley at night regardless of weather and see how that goes.

Mostly curiosity for me.  The spectacle of LSU or Georgia or Bama lining up in a snowstorm against OSU, PSU, Michigan, etc. would be compelling in my opinion. It's a part of the game that southern teams don't ordinarily deal with.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

This would be too many games for these kids imo.

I agree that a regular season game (at least) would have to come off the schedule in order to make this work.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

C'mon Yolo, seriously? I would rather the Tide played twice there than once against LSU at Tiger Stadium!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.