Marc Trestman fired by Argonauts

BeastMode54

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

A move like this would make it appear a team is desperate. No team would show that card mid-season.

We have Nate Peterman as our starter and Matt Barkely as our #2. Anyone that knows what a football looks like knows we are in full desperation mode. If we did sign him I don't think it would even be a blip on the League radar. Unless of course Rodak makes it a national headline on ESPN.

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

We have Nate Peterman as our starter and Matt Barkely as our #2. Anyone that knows what a football looks like knows we are in full desperation mode. If we did sign him I don't think it would even be a blip on the League radar. Unless of course Rodak makes it a national headline on ESPN.

Nah, Rodak is too busy perusing the AP wire to churn out anything truly original or in-depth local reporting on the Bills of his own—this assignment was a step down for him and I’m sure he can’t wait to get back on the easy Patriots beat where he’s a true fan with enthusiasm!

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, October 1918 said:

Trestman (unlike Culley) played QB in college and has spent most of his career as a QB coach and mentor. It'd make sense. Too much sense for a franchise like this.

Actually Culley did play QB in college, though he wasn't the full time starter.

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/2016/coaches/david-culley.pdf

On 11/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, KW95 said:

You mean the guy who has been below average almost everywhere he has gone?

Sorry, no thanks

Argos won it all last year, sport.... can’t let facts get in the way though....

this year their QB was KTFO out early and ruined the season

coach has had a disaster family-wise with both parents and wife’s health requiring his many visits back to Minnesota, so the time off is probably for the best at the moment

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

No, no, no, no, no.

Trestman runs a pass happy offense but it is an old fashioned predictable pass happy offense with lots of deep drops from under centre and slow developing plays. That is not the way the NFL is going. I want people who understand that offensive line talent is scarce and defensive line talent is scary and concentrate on diagnosing match ups and getting the ball out quick.