Marc Trestman fired by Argonauts

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Would a team like the Bills, or any team for that matter, bring in a guy like Trestman mid season to help a QB?

A move like this would make it appear a team is desperate. No team would show that card mid-season.

Just now, Jerome007 said:

What? At 3-6 or 2-7, you can show you're "desperate". Or truly care about helping the QBs on the roster...

Yeah, you're right.

McBeane is looking desperate with bringing Andersen in and Beane coming out of his shell last week to concede they erred going with Peterman and Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, you're right.

McBeane is looking desperate with bringing Andersen in and Beane coming out of his shell last week to concede they erred going with Peterman and Allen. 

This franchise is  “3:46 a.m. at The Old Pink” desperate, my man.

And it’s lookin like a “go home with a chicken finger sub and pass out in your jeans and sneakers (again)” kinda season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would like to bring him in to work with JA.  He has a really solid history in working and developing young QB's.

It of course would be dependent if his and Daboll's philosophy match.

I think Trestman peaks kinda like Norv Turner, great coordinator, poor Head coach.

Based on how he and Daboll can mesh, I say yes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Would a team like the Bills, or any team for that matter, bring in a guy like Trestman mid season to help a QB? or are positions like that only filled preseason and no adding to staff midseason? Feel like if anything he could help develop Allen

What?  You don't think that David Culley is good enough to mentor a first round rookie QB?  Besides, the Bills now have Anderson, who had such a distinguised NFL career, to do that.

56 minutes ago, JPP said:

Dont we have a WR coach mentoring our QB currently?

Culley did coach QBs for a couple of years at some Lousiana college not named LSU back in the 1980s ...

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

This offense isn’t desperate?

Whyever would you think that???  They've scored 6 TDs already this season haven't they?

• Like (+1) 2

If there is an opportunity to improve the team you do it. I dont know if there is a role for him at this juncture. My initial thought, without giving it a ton of thought, is to bring him in as a offensive quality guy and assist with all facets- qb development, game planning etc....