Bills might very well be the worst offensive team in NFL history compared to the era they play in

Big Turk

2 mind numbing stats:

1) There are only 4 QBs who have thrown at least 3 more INTs than TD passes this season. 3 of them are on the Bills and the other is Jameis Winston who got benched.

2) The Bills are on pace to have 6 TD passes and 26 INTs for the season. The other 31 teams are on pace to average 29 TD passes and 14 INTs
  • Like (+1) 1

To add some additional perspective, the 0-16 Browns last season had 15 passing TDs and 28 INTs.  

How on earth we've won two games is perplexing.  Or perhaps I'm looking at it backwards, how on earth the Browns managed to win none, ...  

To surpass last season's 0-16 Browns we'd have to average over 1 TD/game and and significantly decrease our INTs.  

6 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

To add some additional perspective, the 0-16 Browns last season had 15 passing TDs and 28 INTs.  

How on earth we've won two games is perplexing.  Or perhaps I'm looking at it backwards, how on earth the Browns managed to win none, ...  

To surpass last season's 0-16 Browns we'd have to average over 1 TD/game and and significantly decrease our INTs.  

We are on pace to end up with fewer INT's than the Browns did already, we'd actually have to increase our INT rate...

36 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We are on pace to end up with fewer INT's than the Browns did already, we'd actually have to increase our INT rate...

Peterman vs. the Bears defense (near the top of the league in INTs with 11) is just what the doctor ordered on that front!

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yet Allen had pretty good games against the Chargers and Vikings.  It's pretty clear he was asked to stop doing that.  

On an absolutely putrid talented offensive team he made things go for a couple of games - which shows me we've got a real chance at a good QB.

My favorite data point this week: the Pats gave up 6 points against the Bills (no TDs) and their defensive DVOA ranking (as per Football Outsiders) declined because the level of competition factors into the equation. It appears that if you give up more than one FG vs. the Bills, you're failing. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

No kidding.  I think we all get it by now...this is not news.  

It's hard not to keep appreciating something this historic.  We most likely will never live to see something this putrid again in the history of football.  I don't have a problem with 2-3 threads a day noting the various ways in which this offense is historically bad.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

but we're talking about this season. the Browns made moves to get better. if they had a decent kicker, they'd have four wins. the Bills made moves and got much worse, this season.

can we stop referring to the Browns as if the Bills are light years ahead. put them both on the field right now, the browns get the W.

Edited by 87168