If you had a buddy who abandoned the Bills

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

and switched allegiance to another team could you still tailgate with that person?  Someone who I have tailgated with in the past has talked about 2019 being the year that the Bills must show improvement or he's ditching them for whatever front runner has the best unifirms.

My answer was no.  I could still share a beer with him occasionally, but tailgating would be out of the question.  There is something about the bond shared by tailgating that would prevent me from allowing him to join the group. I just have a feeling that he would spend the entire time rubbing our noses in to being sorry Bills fans.  The guy is very petty to begin with and I just know he wouldn't be a gracious winner or loser.

Am I being unreasonable?

If your 20 no. If your over 30 yes

Just now, Leonhart2017 said:

If someone had a different cell phone provider than you do you think you could hangout with them or even maybe be friends?

Apples and oranges- he’s saying friend is currently a bills fan.  Says if team sucks next year he’s changing “favorite teams”

Just now, Chris66 said:

If your 20 no. If your over 30 yes

I am over 30, so I have to continue to tailgate with him? Why does age factor in here?

2 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

If someone had a different cell phone provider than you do you think you could hangout with them or even maybe be friends?

You’re right, I never thought of it that way.?

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

and switched allegiance to another team could you still tailgate with that person?  Someone who I have tailgated with in the past has talked about 2019 being the year that the Bills must show improvement or he's ditching them for whatever front runner has the best unifirms.

My answer was no.  I could still share a beer with him occasionally, but tailgating would be out of the question.  There is something about the bond shared by tailgating that would prevent me from allowing him to join the group. I just have a feeling that he would spend the entire time rubbing our noses in to being sorry Bills fans.  The guy is very petty to begin with and I just know he wouldn't be a gracious winner or loser.

Am I being unreasonable?

Yes you are. It's a ***** game. I don't have any friends who switched teams.  But I do have some that just gave up football altogether (mainly due to the game itself, not just  the Bills suckage).  It's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, is it?

45 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I am over 30, so I have to continue to tailgate with him? Why does age factor in here?

when i was 20. Football was important. As I got older and had a family it became less important.

Bottomline is football is played by millionaires who dont even know we exist. To them we are one of 70000 faceless fans in the crowd. 

54 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

As you get older does football really even matter? 

Who really cares? 

When you’re 24 this stuff is important. 

But how how can anyone at 35, 40, 50, 60 even get moved by the NFL anymore? 

to quote you on an earlier posting...

"Says the guy who waves Bills Pom Poms and shames other fans for not being a good enough fan. 

This is the endless debate. Realists bring up valid criticisms of the regime. And the same ostrich’s would rather bury their head in the sand. 

No no worries huh John? Just blind hope in McDermott and Beane despite a mounting pile of evidence to suggest they have no idea how to compete in today’s NFL? "

Hope you are 24, Mr. Calm Buddah Who-Me-Worry fan....

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Am I being unreasonable?

It's a frigg'n game!      Entertainment for the purpose of selling beer and light trucks/SUVs.     An excuse to waste untold hours on Internet message boards.

Friendship is a hell of a lot more important than football... 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

to quote you on an earlier posting...

"Says the guy who waves Bills Pom Poms and shames other fans for not being a good enough fan. 

This is the endless debate. Realists bring up valid criticisms of the regime. And the same ostrich’s would rather bury their head in the sand. 

No no worries huh John? Just blind hope in McDermott and Beane despite a mounting pile of evidence to suggest they have no idea how to compete in today’s NFL? "

Hope you are 24, Mr. Calm Buddah Who-Me-Worry fan....

Your post does nothing to show contradictory statements on my part. 

The poster in question will insult other fans for not supporting the team enough. 

My posts are not emotional but rather point out observable facts about the team. 

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I was gonna say no big deal, live and let live,  but your buddy is possibly picking a new team based on the frontrunner with the best uniforms?

Cut him out of your life.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Am I being unreasonable?

I think you're being very unreasonable.

Everyone has their own "end of the rope," whether it's with friendships, relationships, sports team fandom or anything, really.

Just because he might be approaching the end of his rope, it doesn't mean he hasn't always been a true fan and I'm sure that if he does switch to another team, that he'll still have love for the Bills deep down.

I think you should still be willing to tailgate with your friend.  That's more about friendship and people just having fun than it is about football.

If he's really switching for the uniforms, then you need to pick better friends.

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Am I being unreasonable?

Oh hellya I tailgate with him.

I want to know how he did it.

I’ve been trying to quit the Bills since Dick Jaron to no avail. 

Wait, so switching teams is actually an option?!? Nobody ever told me that

I have a buddy that I grew up with that was a Miami fan (he was mixed up and his dad didn't watch football).  Now he claims to be die-hard Eagles fan (because he has cousins in Phily).  All I can say is it is a total loss of credibility.  Whenever he says something about the Eagles, I say what do you care, you're a Miami fan.  I have pictures to prove it.