Would You Give Up Our 1st in 2019 & 2020 for Derek Carr?

23 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

NO.

I wouldn't even give up next years 2nd.

I bet he goes somewhere for a 3rd or 4th because of that albatross contract.

I personally don't believe in paying average starters $20+ million even though that's the going rate for them. I'd rather just move on to someone on a rookie salary than to settle for that level of QB play (unless the rest of the team is exceptional).

But having said that, if you don't follow that same philosophy (which most NFL teams do not), his contract is actually quite good. It's basically 4 one-year contracts; whoever acquires him can cut him at any point and get almost all of the money back and his cap hit is pretty much the norm nowadays for a QB that isn't on their rookie contract. His cap hit will be roughly in the 16-20 range for QBs next year.

Thought he was overrated in 2014 when the Bills with Orton at qb were defeated in a must win game at Oakland. The commentators that day were falling all over themselves to praise Carr but he looked average to me. In addition I thought that St.Doug's defense had completely blown that game. Last night he looked utterly horrendous. I don't think he ever recovered from that broken leg in 2016.  I think that Gruden will trade him because unlike McD he doesn't care that Carr is a holy roller.

I have a simple question. Why would you give up on your top 10 drafted QB for one that looks she’ll shocked from all the sacks he has taken in Oakland? Derek looks very much like his older brother now scared and turtling.  His contract makes it that even teams willing take the chance will shy away.

11 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

He will be 28 by the 2019 opener. Entering his prime years. He has a great arm and can run a bit too.

Thoughts?

Josh Allen has a howitzer arm and can run quite well for a big guy.   And we arent paying him 20 plus million a year just to be average.    Why would we want Carr?

12 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

He will be 28 by the 2019 opener. Entering his prime years. He has a great arm and can run a bit too.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? :huh: No and no. I wouldn't give up a single 1st Round pick more or less two 1st Round picks. That would be absolute lunacy. 

Edited by H2o