Parking help/question

BillsCuse

Haven't been to a game in awhile and not from the area.  I know Hammers lot is supposed to great, but fills up quick so I have a feeling I might miss that one before it's full.  Anyway I'd like to skip the actually stadium lots that I have used in the past since they take forever to get out of.  Do you guys have any good suggestions on private lots or yards?  Only thing I could find online was the Yellow Brick Parking lot on Big Tree Rd - how is that getting in and out of?  And side question, I know some people tailgating in the Wings Flight of Hope lot on California Rd.  I looked it up on maps and there is a line of woods between that and the stadium.  Anyone know if you can cut through those woods or do you have to walk all the way around on the road?  Thanks for any help, appreciate it

I used to park in the little lots along Sheldon Road which is off Abbott a block north of Southwestern Blvd (US 20).  The Abbott Road Animal Hospital is on the NW corner and there's a gas station/convenience store on the SW corner.  It's a decent walk to the stadium but they're not only cheaper than the stadium lots, they offer easy in/easy out access.

In

From Thruway Exit 56, turn left at the end of the off ramp, taking Milestrip Road (179 ) to McKinley Parkway, turn right at the light, drive past the Mall and then the little strip mall with Wild Birds Unlimited.  Turn left on to Brompton Drive/E Highland Parkway and follow Brompton to Sheldon Road where you turn left.  Once past Windom Elementary School, start looking for likely spots.  The prices increase the closer to Abbott you get.

Out

Take Sheldon past Windom Elementary (the way you came in), turn right at McKinley.  I'm not sure if there's one or two left hand turn lanes at 179 but that left turn is the only bottleneck.  Once on 179, you will want to get into the right most lane because the Thruway entrance is just down the road.  Remember, Hamburg, Dunkirk, Erie, etc are "West" while W Seneca, Cheektowaga, Buffalo, Amherst, Rocherster, etc are all "East" (even if the Thruway is going more or less north and south at that point)

See Google Maps.  Get directions using Abbott Road Animal Hospital  as your destination.

Edited by SoTier

2 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

Haven't been to a game in awhile and not from the area.  I know Hammers lot is supposed to great, but fills up quick so I have a feeling I might miss that one before it's full.  Anyway I'd like to skip the actually stadium lots that I have used in the past since they take forever to get out of.  Do you guys have any good suggestions on private lots or yards?  Only thing I could find online was the Yellow Brick Parking lot on Big Tree Rd - how is that getting in and out of?  And side question, I know some people tailgating in the Wings Flight of Hope lot on California Rd.  I looked it up on maps and there is a line of woods between that and the stadium.  Anyone know if you can cut through those woods or do you have to walk all the way around on the road?  Thanks for any help, appreciate it

Going down Southwestern just before you hit lot 5,you'll see a private lot on the left side.For the most part,it's the same folks without any a-holes.No drunk fools,breaking tables,footballs hitting vehicles etc....a mellow group of 100 or so,I would arrive by 10:00.Enjoy the game....mid 50's and a mix of sun and clouds.

I heard an ad for Wings of Flight  Monday while driving home from work. They said for the $20 or $ 25 parking fee, you get unlimited hotdogs or burgers. They said they have shuttles to the stadium lots.  They used to have a footbridge  over the creek to the stadium property, but someone  died  near it after a game (I think he was drunk)  and the county  removed it as it wasn't a legal structure.

Park at chucks house. 39 Glen St. 14127. 

$10 bucks a car. Easy in/ Easy out. No childish rules.  You’re welcome to have a good time. 

Back entrance through the fence. 

If nate plays, you’ll probably be out at half time, so leaving will be extra easy. 

Thank you for all the replies, I appreciate the help.  I'm going to look into all your suggestions.  I am coming from the thruway and should be in the Buffalo area around 9-930 or so.  Then figure I'll have to deal with some traffic.  Is traffic pretty backed up around that time?