McD - Allen isn't too far off in throwing again

Reed83HOF

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, no other QBs could have won that Titans game.  Played well in Minny but it was worse than EJ most games.  It was like when JP first started.

as crappy as Anderson is, the passing attack was somewhat nfl level like.  

Agreed. Anderson was never that good to begin with and with him being rustier than a 100 year old nail in settled in the bottom of the ocean you couldn't realistically expect too much out of him. 

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It sure is! 

Is it bad to say that I still hope we suck enough the rest of the way though? :ph34r:

Would you rather suck or have josh Allen come in, play well and along with a stingy defense we win 5 out of the last 6 or 7? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, no other QBs could have won that Titans game.  Played well in Minny but it was worse than EJ most games.  It was like when JP first started.

as crappy as Anderson is, the passing attack was somewhat nfl level like.  

Another stat would be interceptions Allen despite playing in 5/8(half in Baltimore and half in Houston) has only 1 more interception than Peterman at maybe 1 game and Anderson at 2.

Just now, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

That's why you are an elementary school teacher, janitor, or whatever.  You start building the team around him, and if he flames out in a few years, at least you have the infrastructure in place for the next QB.  Continuously drafting QBs without improving the talent around you equates to Cleveland Browns type management.

The Cleveland Browns never did that. 

So if there is a QB you like next year in the top 5 you pass on him without seeing Allen do anything through the air? 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You don't have to be impatient. I never said cut Allen. It would only be tragic if both QBs bust. 

That's an impractical way to find and develop a QB with the way the CBA restricts offseason time at the team facility and even practice reps during the season.  The better plan is to invest in the supporting cast to make the players around him as good as possible just as PHI, KC, LAR, and CHI have done with their young QBs. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think I need the reps more than him. At this point I'm drafting a QB top 5 next year unless he shows something other than running. 

Well, at least you gave him a fair chance to develop.

5 minutes ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

That's why you are an elementary school teacher, janitor, or whatever.  You start building the team around him, and if he flames out in a few years, at least you have the infrastructure in place for the next QB.  Continuously drafting QBs without improving the talent around you equates to Cleveland Browns type management.

I agree, build up the O-Line and get some weapons and then after the 2019 season you can review Allens play. I have always said it takes 3 years for a QB and a WR to get comfortable with each other where when the QB sees a mismatch he can just look at the WR and they are on the same page.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because we throw for 80 yards.  Bigger Tyrod.

He only did that in that in one game against Tennessee unless your counting Houston and Baltimore where he missed about half of each game.. Also this is his rookie year Taylor didn't start any significant number of games until his 5th year.