McD - Allen isn't too far off in throwing again

Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I think you're forgetting a little movie called Rookie of the Year. Allen will come back from his arm injury with the ability to now throw the ball into the 300 level seating. 

He used to be able to hit Lot 6, but I guess this will do.

Edited by The Drought
messed up

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Suck or not, I want Allen to get as many game reps as possible for the rest of this season. :beer:

Me too, for selfish reasons.

I have numerous bets against my fantasy football opponents that "Josh Allen will score more FFpoints than any other rookie QB". Luckily no one took Mayfield for that bet...two Rosens and two Darnolds.

I still have a chance!

On 11/1/2018 at 12:02 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

The Cleveland Browns never did that. 

So if there is a QB you like next year in the top 5 you pass on him without seeing Allen do anything through the air? 

If you really understood football then your posts wouldn't reek so bad of ignorance.  They are not letting Allen play a vertical game. They are designing game plans around the run, screens, and getting the ball out quick. And listen to any NFL commentator, and they all say his receivers get no separation on their routes. Same is said when Anderson is in at qb. Thus the interceptions for Anderson of trying to squeeze it in. I guarantee you Allen can throw for 300 yards a game. But that won't teach him to read defenses. Judge our qbs after we get some decent receivers.

If you recall, Allen actually looked better earlier in the season . But they don't give credit to qbs when his receivers drop touchdown passes or other well thrown balls. Then teams realized all you had to do was blitz our qb, or wait for our Oline penalties to add up and take us out of drives, or for our receivers to screw up or quit on their routes. If they ever let Allen attack the defense again, then teams will quit loading the box for the short game Daboll is using to make up for a less than desirable line and receivers.

You put all the blame on the qbs. It goes a lot deeper than that. It is a combination of qbs, play calling, line, receivers, special team's, and sometimes the defense. We atracked in the 1st half of the Minnesota game, then went to a conservative approach in the 2nd half with a lead. It looks like they stayed in the conservative approach since then. No vertical game, which kills a team who can't run it consistently. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Sit him for the rest of the season. He can learn under Anderson. This season is a bust anyway. 

Unleash him him next season when the team is stronger. We have a ton of draft picks and cap space. Beane will use it wisely. 

What can he learn from Anderson? Picking pine slivers out of his butt like Anderson has done for his entire career.

10 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Sit him for the rest of the season. He can learn under Anderson. This season is a bust anyway. 

Unleash him him next season when the team is stronger. We have a ton of draft picks and cap space. Beane will use it wisely. 

He needs game experience.  Anderson can help him in the film room and on game days when Allen retrurns to the sidelines. 

• Like (+1) 1

Enough.  Enough already.

He’s missed his 2-3 games, it has been a month since he got hurt and next Sunday will be 5 weeks.

the heck with this “bring him back after the bye” crap.  If he can play let him play.

I need to see this kid for the rest of the season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, BB@Shooter said:

If you really understood football then your posts wouldn't reek so bad of ignorance.  They are not letting Allen play a vertical game. They are designing game plans around the run, screens, and getting the ball out quick. And listen to any NFL commentator, and they all say his receivers get no separation on their routes. Same is said when Anderson is in at qb. Thus the interceptions for Anderson of trying to squeeze it in. I guarantee you Allen can throw for 300 yards a game. But that won't teach him to read defenses. Judge our qbs after we get some decent receivers.

If you recall, Allen actually looked better earlier in the season . But they don't give credit to qbs when his receivers drop touchdown passes or other well thrown balls. Then teams realized all you had to do was blitz our qb, or wait for our Oline penalties to add up and take us out of drives, or for our receivers to screw up or quit on their routes. If they ever let Allen attack the defense again, then teams will quit loading the box for the short game Daboll is using to make up for a less than desirable line and receivers.

You put all the blame on the qbs. It goes a lot deeper than that. It is a combination of qbs, play calling, line, receivers, special team's, and sometimes the defense. We atracked in the 1st half of the Minnesota game, then went to a conservative approach in the 2nd half with a lead. It looks like they stayed in the conservative approach since then. No vertical game, which kills a team who can't run it consistently. 

Great post!  I would also argue that our offense with Allen starting seemed to be a little more effective then what we've seen with Anderson & Pederman.   And this was in spite of Allen facing far tougher defenses. 

I'd love to see more of what we did against the Pats with Allen at QB, considering he is actually a threat to run or throw and it doesn't have to be snapped to McCoy. Watching the Rams offense, McVay uses motion a lot to get guys separation right from the snap. I think that what Daboll was doing was actually pretty modern and could be effective and get Allen easy reads.

Edited by Luka