Nate Peterman "I'm ready to go win a game"

BmarvB

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

True.  But those sideline outs are not his strength.  So don't call them.

If the WR sells the out and gets the DB to jump the route, he can blow by him deep and hope NP doesn't misfire. That should work at least once for them

40 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I can't wait for his break out game. I stand by this guy. He's going to have the only 300 yard game for the Bills this season. I don't say that blindly. I know he has INT's but he shows an understanding of the passing game, he just has to learn NFL game speed. He's young and lacks arm strength. The only way for him to beat NFL defenses is to play and learn. 

So how have you concluded that "he shows an understanding of the passing game"?  His passing game has been a reproducible disaster.

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd be punting on 3rd and 8.

That, at least, would set up a fake punt on 3rd down later in the game.  

Make sure to short yourself a player or two...shows character in the face of adversity.  Or is it the inability of the HC and special team coach to count?

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

Then he shouldn't be playing....An NFL QB has to be able to throw an 8-10 yd out pattern.....with passing rules as they are now...that play should be completed most of the time

Maybe, but he's the guy right now, so play to his strengths and not his weaknesses.

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Drew Brees has no arm and the out and hitch are passes he makes routine. It's about timing and decision making. 

Drew Brees has no arm.   Right. 

And yes, timing and decision making are admirable traits for a QB.

47 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Yep. his future is on the line Sunday. If he sucks again, it should be all over for him

It should have been over after two weeks ago when he gave up the game to the Colts. 

All we can do is be huge Peterman fans on Sunday,  then hold the door after the game and wish nate all the best in his new business career selling Amway.  Once all our qb 's are back, there is no reason to keep Nate Pick 6, Peterman. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is the play sequence I want to see: a few throws to Zay in the middle.  Some completions.  Then make it look like he is telegraphing a sideline out.  All the DB's will jump, have him pump fake, then throw to a wide-open WR in the middle for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

This is the play sequence I want to see: a few throws to Zay in the middle.  Some completions.  Then make it look like he is telegraphing a sideline out.  All the DB's will jump, have him pump fake, then throw to a wide-open WR in the middle for a TD. 

I can definitely see that happening. All they have to do is execute it right

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I can't wait until Peterman wins this game, it's going to be the first step to him being the back-up next year. It's funny how hard most of you are cheering for this kid to fail when the opposite only helps this team in the long-run.

we want him to play well and win...this team needs a QB but his play has been awful up to now...You don't think we'd love to see 300 yds...TDs and a WIN?

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I can't wait until Peterman wins this game, it's going to be the first step to him being the back-up next year. It's funny how hard most of you are cheering for this kid to fail when the opposite only helps this team in the long-run.

Only the jerks are rooting for him to do poorly. That's different from concluding he doesn't have the skill set to be an NFL qb. I think he's out of the league after this year. I certainly hope he has a good game or at least a decent game so he has a few good memories from playing here. I think it would be near miraculous for him to become a competent backup. Great if it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

No one is rooting for him to fail. Tickets are expensive and I want to see NFL caliber talent out there. 

Peterman has failed all on his own many times. I dont know how many chances this kid needs before we finally cut bait. Hes a liability with the ball in his hands

Dilemma.

I'm scared that Nate will give a repeat performance and just make a laughable mess of things again.

I'm even more scared that he might actually play well because that would mean I have to question everything I think I know about life, reality and the nature of existence.

• Haha (+1) 1