McDermott needs to lead

gjv001

53 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Just as correct, doctors should not let the patients run the asylum, coaches should not let the sports media and knucklehead Monday morning football expert wannabes set the lineup. Peterman should have been the starting QB against the Colts and Patriots. McDermott is a fine coach and learning to become a very good head coach. However, in my opinion, he has to areas in which to improve; be more transparent and honest during interviews, and do not allow anyone outside his coaching staff and roster influence his starting lineup, gameplan, and the draft.

The whimsey of idiot fans Fans don’t influence FO and HC decisions.

what a rediculous premises. And you called others Naive? 

22 minutes ago, vorpma said:

What do Lou Saban, Chuick Knox, Chuck Noll, Bill Cowther, Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells all have in common? They all had knuckleheads in the media and fan base running them off after two seasons! So we fire McDermoot then in two years we fire the next guy, it goes on and on! Look at some of the past rebuild efforts of the named coaches, they had staying power but had some really bad seasons first! I know WE WANT IT AND WE WANT IT NOW FIRE EVERYBODY AND MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!

I'm not saying you're wrong  - McDermott may just need time.  I'll also agree that our fanbase usually way way way over reacts and wants firings too soon.  

However he does deserve severe criticism for nearly every offensive decision being incorrect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Just as correct, doctors should not let the patients run the asylum, coaches should not let the sports media and knucklehead Monday morning football expert wannabes set the lineup. Peterman should have been the starting QB against the Colts and Patriots. McDermott is a fine coach and learning to become a very good head coach. However, in my opinion, he has to areas in which to improve; be more transparent and honest during interviews, and do not allow anyone outside his coaching staff and roster influence his starting lineup, gameplan, and the draft.

Interviews don’t mean squat.   McD’s leadership is all about bringing out the best in his coaches and players.   

Since we’re not privy to most of those interactions, it’s hard to judge him as a leader.   But from what I see, he’s not so idiotic as to let the fans and media decide his lineup and gameplan.   

27 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I'm not saying you're wrong  - McDermott may just need time.  I'll also agree that our fanbase usually way way way over reacts and wants firings too soon.  

However he does deserve severe criticism for nearly every offensive decision being incorrect. 

Criticism - that's what they get paid for, fair enough, however: coaches at times, are like QB's; too much praise when they win too much criticism when they lose. I am giving them until December 2019, next year's draft, FA signing, and the season will determine their fate! I remember to this day the emotion and hate directed at Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson in 1989, Chuck Noll, and for kicks check out any of the Bill Parcells documentaries! Regardless of the gibberish on this board they did inherit a failed organization that needed to be rebuilt in every facet of operations; horrible coaching, scouting, drafting, and a culture of mediocrity if not losing. It just can't be done overnight; if we are in the same boat at this time next year then I am with you!

1 hour ago, wppete said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You got me, I cannot understand why anyone on the sideline of an NFL team, let alone the head coach, would clap and try to inspire and support; this is way over the top!

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

His side line hand clapping is leading the charge!!!!!

Not nearly as annoying as some who post on TBD and don't have a clue!

2 hours ago, gjv001 said:

If he let outside opinions affect his decisions, Peterman would have not made the roster. McDermott might be the only guy in the NFL who believes in this guy. We will see how good of a coach turns out to be, IMO dumping talent and draft projects never pan out. 2020 new coach, new QB, rinse & repeat.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Don't be so full of yourself.  You and the others around here root for the team, you don't make decisions.  And by the way, Terry Pegula pays his salary.

Who fills the Bills coffers for Terry Pagula?

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's like touching a hot stove over and over again but each time expecting it not to singe your hand with 3rd degree burns.  

Nice analogy.    

Sort of like this headline as well:    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/health-dont-bang-your-head-against-a-wall-to-relieve-the-pain-1185477.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Interviews don’t mean squat.   McD’s leadership is all about bringing out the best in his coaches and players.   

Since we’re not privy to most of those interactions, it’s hard to judge him as a leader.   But from what I see, he’s not so idiotic as to let the fans and media decide his lineup and gameplan.   

Well, that's not much of an accomplishment as most HC's don't do that either.

You don't need to be privy to those interactions, but if a coach is brining out the best in his staff and players, wouldn't it be more obvious on the field?

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Agreed. Peterman should have been QB against Colts and Patriots. Anderson wasn't in shape and didn't know the playbook.

What did McDermott get by playing Anderson? An injured quarterback who has 6 turnovers and no touchdowns against two of the worst defenses in the NFL. They were outscored 62-11. 

And guess what, Peterman is starting again. 

it's pretty simple, so why doesn't he just sack up and name nate the starter? at this point, he'd probably have to hold a gun to DA's head to get him to play sooo...

the choice is kinda easy.  oh wait...he's keeping the bears guessing!

Edited by billsredneck1

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Agreed. Peterman should have been QB against Colts and Patriots. Anderson wasn't in shape and didn't know the playbook.

What did McDermott get by playing Anderson? An injured quarterback who has 6 turnovers and no touchdowns against two of the worst defenses in the NFL. They were outscored 62-11. 

And guess what, Peterman is starting again. 

I guess no one saw the articles and tweets saying that the players didnt want peterman to play.....Cant lose the room.  Once that happens, its over!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's like touching a hot stove over and over again but each time expecting it not to singe your hand with 3rd degree burns.  Peterman's wretched play in BAL burned McDermott yet again to give him no choice but to turn to the very raw Josh Allen and his soul crushing INT in HOU only further reinforced that conclusion that led to Anderson starting.

This^ McD and Beanes inability to judge QB talent have left them an odd conundrum . They have a QB that is the best prepared to play, but they don’t want to play him because they’ve realized ( I think) he doesn’t have the talent to do so. Anderson has been predictably lackluster, but he has an NFL arm. He’s made throws that Peterman is incapable of making vs starting caliber CBs. Anyone who saw his backbreaking pick six vs HOU knows this. Peterman’s read wasn’t the issue. That ball had zero chance of reaching its target and lacked NFL zip. Peterman can make some throws over the middle and safe red zone plays like a corner fade that has minimal chance of an INT. It’s pretty easy to see why they’d be scared to death to start Peterman again, and it’s not the media. They’ve tried to minimize their mistake and would probably like to save face by not releasing him. The whole thing has blown up on them, and now they’re back to having to put the pick-man back on the field. He’ll likely be injured or benched by halftime vs the Bears. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Nonsense he should manage the team by TBD polls.  All in favor??!? ? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I guess no one saw the articles and tweets saying that the players didnt want peterman to play.....Cant lose the room.  Once that happens, its over!

I saw articles and tweets saying Josh Gordon would be benched for 1st quarter against Bill's too. Fake. Idiots just make up these fake stories for likes and clicks.