McDermott needs to lead

gjv001

Just as correct, doctors should not let the patients run the asylum, coaches should not let the sports media and knucklehead Monday morning football expert wannabes set the lineup. Peterman should have been the starting QB against the Colts and Patriots. McDermott is a fine coach and learning to become a very good head coach. However, in my opinion, he has to areas in which to improve; be more transparent and honest during interviews, and do not allow anyone outside his coaching staff and roster influence his starting lineup, gameplan, and the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Just as correct, doctors should not let the patients run the asylum, coaches should not let the sports media and knucklehead Monday morning football expert wannabes set the lineup. Peterman should have been the starting QB against the Colts and Patriots. McDermott is a fine coach and learning to become a very good head coach. However, in my opinion, he has to areas in which to improve; be more transparent and honest during interviews, and do not allow anyone outside his coaching staff and roster influence his starting lineup, gameplan, and the draft.

:huh: :lol::unsure::sick::blink::thumbdown::doh::bag::death:

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

What?

10 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Just as correct, doctors should not let the patients run the asylum, coaches should not let the sports media and knucklehead Monday morning football expert wannabes set the lineup. Peterman should have been the starting QB against the Colts and Patriots. 

Agreed. Peterman should have been QB against Colts and Patriots. Anderson wasn't in shape and didn't know the playbook.

What did McDermott get by playing Anderson? An injured quarterback who has 6 turnovers and no touchdowns against two of the worst defenses in the NFL. They were outscored 62-11. 

And guess what, Peterman is starting again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why would you assume anyone from the media is influencing his roster or game plan?

Anderson was not the best option to start against the Colts. In my opinion, the deluge of anti-Peterman press influenced McDermott to start the lesser qualified QB on our roster.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I agree.   Peterman went through TC and won the starting job during the Pre-season. You can't simply abandon all the preparation for over 3 months and bring in a player who hasn't touched a football in six months and have him start against NFL defense.   McDermott needs to have a lot more confidence in his team that he took to Training Camp.    

3 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Anderson was not the best option to start against the Colts. In my opinion, the deluge of anti-Peterman press influenced McDermott to start the lesser qualified QB on our roster.

Let's just say this is highly, highly doubtful.

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think Peterman's play was the bigger influence...

I like how you just added in the draft at the end, too

This conspiracy reaches the highest levels!!

What conspiracy? Unfortunately, we have a lack of talent at the QB position. It's been going on for 20 years. Hopefully, Allen puts an end to that talent drought.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Let's just say this is highly, highly doubtful.

Really? If you read or listened to the sports media the entire week after the Houston game, I'd say it was highly, highly likely.

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I agree.   Peterman went through TC and won the starting job during the Pre-season. You can't simply abandon all the preparation for over 3 months and bring in a player who hasn't touched a football in six months and have him start against NFL defense.   McDermott needs to have a lot more confidence in his team that he took to Training Camp.    

That's like touching a hot stove over and over again but each time expecting it not to singe your hand with 3rd degree burns.  Peterman's wretched play in BAL burned McDermott yet again to give him no choice but to turn to the very raw Josh Allen and his soul crushing INT in HOU only further reinforced that conclusion that led to Anderson starting.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

What conspiracy? Unfortunately, we have a lack of talent at the QB position. It's been going on for 20 years. Hopefully, Allen puts an end to that talent drought.

Really? If you read or listened to the sports media the entire week after the Houston game, I'd say it was highly, highly likely.

If you honestly believe any HC of any pro sport bases their personnel decisions on the feelings of fans, then you have a very inflated view of what fans are.

If there is going to be any kind of redemption tour starting this week for NP, then at least he gets that opportunity at New Era, where he hasn't thrown any picks (that I can remember), so there's that. Anderson frankly has looked vacant and depressed in his starts, terrible body language every time he hits the dirt, and I have to wonder how much longer by choice he will trot out there to take punishing blows on his senior citizen self. I'm sure Ms. Anderson is working as we speak on figuring out how he can retire for good with what they have already in the bank, and will turn this into a demand, not a Giselle type end of year request, lol. 

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

McDermottt is not Head Coach material. He will end up being a career DC just like Mike Petine. 

What do Lou Saban, Chuick Knox, Chuck Noll, Bill Cowther, Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells all have in common? They all had knuckleheads in the media and fan base running them off after two seasons! So we fire McDermoot then in two years we fire the next guy, it goes on and on! Look at some of the past rebuild efforts of the named coaches, they had staying power but had some really bad seasons first! I know WE WANT IT AND WE WANT IT NOW FIRE EVERYBODY AND MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If you honestly believe any HC of any pro sport bases their personnel decisions on the feelings of fans, then you have a very inflated view of what fans are.

Don't be so naive. Who pays all the salaries.