Which Trash-Heap QB Would You Have Signed?

22 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta choose one, or name one I forgot about. Take yourself back to when they pulled the plug on Peterman in Game 1 and consider any unsigned QB out there at the time (or who became available later, like Tom Savage). No saying Kaepernick or Tebow; we've been there, done that too many times already.

There is only one correct answer and its not even a close call...Kaepernick.  None of the other QB's are even close.  People want to politicize this answer, so be it...but on what they have done on the field, its without question Kaep.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/31/2018 at 7:40 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta choose one, or name one I forgot about. Take yourself back to when they pulled the plug on Peterman in Game 1 and consider any unsigned QB out there at the time (or who became available later, like Tom Savage). No saying Kaepernick or Tebow; we've been there, done that too many times already.

yes

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

We already signed the guy that should be playing QB ... Terrelle Pryor.

Line him up in the backfield and run the wishbone with Shady, Ivory and Demarco. Forget WR's and start 7 O-linemen.

I think this was meant as a joke. But it really isn't a joke at all. This is what the Broncos did with Tebow when they pulled the plug on Orton. Was it a great offense? Of course not. But: (1) it limited turnovers - the old "three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad" (actually three of them if you count sacks); (2) it caught defenses off guard and in serious mismatches. In short, it was better than the alternatives. Same thing here.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not to worry....the "trophy" is on the shelf in Pegula's office................

You know I read this sentiment here frequently.  We couldn't go to SB with Hotrod. Perhaps. But really, what do we know about Super Bowls?  It's been 20 some odd years. How about we just try to be competitive for a few years first?  Get in the PLAYOFFS and then improve from there.

I wonder what the price for Carr or even Fitzpatrick was.

Carr is looking like hell under Chuckie, and his trade value had to have plummeted this season. I still think he is a Dalton calibre player who could have been traded a year or two from now to recover the picks it would have taken to get him.

Fitz, we all know, but I think he'd be a great mentor for Allen. 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/31/2018 at 7:51 PM, NewDayBills said:

I'd bring in Kaepernick for sure. I'm in the minority, I guess, his political views don't bother me at all. May actually go good in our locker room, most of our players are black. Sure, why not? Would make the rest of the season interesting. I'm down.

I think the distraction angle is overrated. I think two years since practicing is underdiscussed though 

32 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I wonder what the price for Carr or even Fitzpatrick was.

Carr is looking like hell under Chuckie, and his trade value had to have plummeted this season. I still think he is a Dalton calibre player who could have been traded a year or two from now to recover the picks it'd take to get him.

Fitz we all know, but I think he'd be a great mentor for Allen. 

I really hated to see Fitz go.....best backup QB in the league.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think this was meant as a joke. But it really isn't a joke at all. This is what the Broncos did with Tebow when they pulled the plug on Orton. Was it a great offense? Of course not. But: (1) it limited turnovers - the old "three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad" (actually three of them if you count sacks); (2) it caught defenses off guard and in serious mismatches. In short, it was better than the alternatives. Same thing here.

I don't disagree with your analysis, but technically you didn't pass the ball if the QB takes a sack.?