“Street” tickets/$7 Seats on StubHub

4_kidd_4

This isn't a new thing.  Happened two years ago as well.  I remember listing $5 tix for the Cleveland game and another late season game.  Ended up donating them.  

So glad I did not renew my season tix after last year.  Now i cherry picked just a couple early games and sat at the 40-yard line. 

28 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This isn't a new thing.  Happened two years ago as well.  I remember listing $5 tix for the Cleveland game and another late season game.  Ended up donating them.  

So glad I did not renew my season tix after last year.  Now i cherry picked just a couple early games and sat at the 40-yard line. 

it's not new except that Stubhub tries to conspire with box offices of team in order to keep the price high and take a triple slice on fees.

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

it's not new except that Stubhub tries to conspire with box offices of team in order to keep the price high and take a triple slice on fees.

Wish this would be looking at in terms of competition clauses, etc by government but not for at least two years.  Stubhub probably has their bribe/donation money ready for 2020.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Wish this would be looking at in terms of competition clauses, etc by government but not for at least two years.  Stubhub probably has their bribe/donation money ready for 2020.

I have used SH st least 100 times without complaint, never paying more than I was willing to, probably the most on a game being $400 for a ticket.

at it’s best I was able to get a single ticket on the cheap at the last minute for the Jays or Leafs, with a five minute walk to either stadium, but that hasn’t been an option for a few years now the way they run it

but it’s the world we live in that basically a scalper site is in lockstep with the box office of franchises

7 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Welcome to the pity party. I sold my Bears game tickets for pennies on the dollar. 

It’s good to see an honest market on supply and demand, all I ask for

sorry you got rogered though 

Just now, row_33 said:

It’s good to see an honest market on supply and demand, all I ask for

sorry you got rogered though 

losing $ on top of losing on the field is a world of hurt. Just speaking as someone who was left off of the Forbes 500 list. I did make runner up as working Schmuck of the Year once

On 11/9/2018 at 10:07 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Holy moly...look at this picture for the Jags game. This is a holiday weekend too..figure a lot of folks go home on Monday instead of Sunday...

what is fascinating to me is the pure amount of blue in this picture. Those are seats on sale from the Bills..meaning nonseason tickey holder seats. Think of what that looks like next year. Tpegs gotta be a little unhappy about that no?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/buffalo-bills-vs-jacksonville-jaguars/event/00005467B0458E1D

Wow.  That is amazing.

Our family had season tickets since the inception of the franchise. For over 30 years, I continued our season tickets after my Dad passed away in 1986 even though I live here in Miami. I did so because being a Bills fan is part of my DNA, I am sentimental, and I thought it was my civic duty to keep the franchise in Buffalo.  We had great seats on the 45 yard line.

After a lot of gnashing to teeth, I gave up the tickets this past off season.  I did so for a variety of reasons, but it was a very difficult decision.  

In the end, I realized that a lot of people have not bought tickets or as many season tickets since McCoach became the coach.  As an out-of-town season ticket holder, my only goal was not to LOSE money on games that I could not attend. For the first time last year, I lost money on the tickets.  I could not sell the home opener against the Jets for even the lowest one could set the price on the NFL Ticket Exchange.  I never had a problem selling tickets to the home opener before.  There were tickets going for $6 for the Colts game as another example.  Last year clearly was a buyer's market on the secondary market.

I suspect that this year is worse than last year on the secondary market.  Last year and this year, people are voting as to what they think about McBeane by deciding whether to buy tickets, and if so, how much they are willing to spend.  Those December games are likely to be very difficult games for sellers in particular.

I am glad I am not stuck eating the tickets this year especially with the way the life has been sucked out of this team.  

On 10/31/2018 at 4:24 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

*edit*

All remaining home games have tickets listed for under $10. What a joke.

————

Curious if anyone knows if “street tickets” are a thing of the past, with the new mobile only.

It used to be easy to wait until around/after kickoff and score a ticket for like $10 outside the stadium, especially to those garbage late-season games. 

The main reason I ask is I gave my season ticket to a friend for the Bears game, because I’m going out and staying in TO saturday night. However, there’s a slim chance I could make it back for the game,  just not the tailgate. But I’m certainly not paying face, or anywhere close to it, to get in.

Anyone have any luck on the streets pregame this season? Just wondering if, and how, it worked out.

....I'm waiting for the price to come down a bit............

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

losing $ on top of losing on the field is a world of hurt. Just speaking as someone who was left off of the Forbes 500 list. I did make runner up as working Schmuck of the Year once

More Schmuck than Forbes as well

On 11/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, GG said:

The season ticket holder sold 8 paper tickets and we bought 6 online.   Two people with the paper tix got to the stadium early, but when our group went through the gates it invalidated the paper ticket scans for the rest of the other group. 

Spent the entire first quarter with guest services.  They ended up resitting the other group, but unfortunately the people outside with paper tickets had to pay again.  They totally got screwed by the guy.  

I had a similar experience, but was on the losing end of this scam.

Our group got tickets for a concert, then  got rejected at the door because someone had already used the code. When our friend called her cousin, she told her that we should have gotten there earlier like she instructed. The cousin had listed the tickets on several sites before giving the paper tickets to us as a gift.

At least the yelling and profanity was a little bit entertaining to watch.

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I had a similar experience, but was on the losing end of this scam.

Our group got tickets for a concert, then  got rejected at the door because someone had already used the code. When our friend called her cousin, she told her that we should have gotten there earlier like she instructed. The cousin had listed the tickets on several sites before giving the paper tickets to us as a gift.

At least the yelling and profanity was a little bit entertaining to watch.

Wow.  The cousin sounds like a real you know what hole.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Tickets for each of the four remaining home games are listed for single digits on Stubhub.

What a sad state of affairs for this organization and what a snow job for the loyal season ticket holders.

Just buy that morning on stub hub/ticketexhange on your phone if you are making good time

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Just buy that morning on stub hub/ticketexhange on your phone if you are making good time

How do you mean?

often they are fixing the price to not lower hours before the start of a game

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

How do you mean?

often they are fixing the price to not lower hours before the start of a game

Its already $7. What kind of deal are we looking for? I figured he just wanted a safe option for a ticket that AM.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its already $7. What kind of deal are we looking for? I figured he just wanted a safe option for a ticket that AM.

Fair enough, good answer, I thought up 3 you might have meant. :D

When I get in conversation with a person beside me and we both bought from a scalper I always tell a price about half of what I really paid.  I’d cut the Bills ticket to $3.50 if asked what I paid.

Can't wait for Fan Appreciation Day December 30. I wonder if they'll thank us for shelling out our hard earned money on badly played cold weather football. I'm sure that Peterman Osweiler duel will be a sell out ?

Edited by stuvian
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Can't wait for Fan Appreciation Day December 30. I wonder if they'll thank us for shelling out our hard earned money on badly played cold weather football. I'm sure that Peterman Osweiler duel will be a sell out ?

I hear they're giving out free commemorative wakizashis at halftime for those who simply can't bear to watch more in the second half.

Very generous of them.