“Street” tickets/$7 Seats on StubHub

4_kidd_4

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I haven't always made the smartest decisions, but dumping my season tickets this past summer just prior to this season was a beauty.  

I held out until the last possible day in April. 

Made an emotional decision based on some personal goings on. Regret it completely.

6 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I held out until the last possible day in April. 

Made an emotional decision based on some personal goings on. Regret it completely.

It's brutal.  I had mine for 12 years and often had to list them on all the secondary sites and craigslist for well under face.  I wouldn't list for single digits, i'd just give them away.   

A couple times I did donate my tix to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo.  They are appreciative and sent me a nice thank you letter.  

This season the Redskins have somehow taken control of their secondary tickets and they either get sold at a reasonable price or the seat goes empty.  They first had to admit that there is no season ticket waiting list.  But they did not want to see anymore $5 tickets on Seatgeek or Stubhub or wherever.   

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's brutal.  I had mine for 12 years and often had to list them on all the secondary sites and craigslist for well under face.  I wouldn't list for single digits, i'd just give them away.   

A couple times I did donate my tix to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo.  They are appreciative and sent me a nice thank you letter.  

This season the Redskins have somehow taken control of their secondary tickets and they either get sold at a reasonable price or the seat goes empty.  They first had to admit that there is no season ticket waiting list.  But they did not want to see anymore $5 tickets on Seatgeek or Stubhub or wherever.   

Yeah tickets that cheap are a bad look for any franchise.

This is year 16 for me, and yesterday was the first home game I sat out since November of 2004, almost 14 years to the day. That’s 103 home games in a row. 

The saddest part is, I was so happy to be on my couch yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yeah tickets that cheap are a bad look for any franchise.

This is year 16 for me, and yesterday was the first home game I sat out since November of 2004, almost 14 years to the day. That’s 103 home games in a row. 

The saddest part is, I was so happy to be on my couch yesterday. 

what would they be if Stubhub didn't interfere in the market and prevent true market value from shining through

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

what would they be if Stubhub didn't interfere in the market and prevent true market value from shining through

not sure they would ever go below $5..then people would get cranky on fees being double the ticket..

Lets face it, the real value of the tickets for the 4 remaining home games is zero. One may get lucky that a Jet fan @UB will buy a ticket for $20 in the upper deck..but that is a long shot. 

Jaga maybe have some juice as its Marrone game, and as much as I hate to say it..i want the Jags to still be in contention and somehow we hurt their chances. Maybe there is enough people like me out there that the ticket will be worth $30 on a $90 face ticket

You just have to look at Bills tickets as a sunk cost...........I hear people say things like "well I need the money for Xmas" whatever excuse........but if you went AS PLANNED you would have spent the money anyway..........if anything you SAVED money just not going...........so trying to squeeze $10 back out of the ticket makes little real sense.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not sure they would ever go below $5..then people would get cranky on fees being double the ticket..

Lets face it, the real value of the tickets for the 4 remaining home games is zero. One may get lucky that a Jet fan @UB will buy a ticket for $20 in the upper deck..but that is a long shot. 

Jaga maybe have some juice as its Marrone game, and as much as I hate to say it..i want the Jags to still be in contention and somehow we hurt their chances. Maybe there is enough people like me out there that the ticket will be worth $30 on a $90 face ticket

i think i've seen 75 cents over the last decade

they price fix now, in tandem with the box office of teams

the Jays shut down the decreases on price 4 hours before game time, keeping good seats at $50 when they'd go for $5 if allowed

$7.00 tickets . . . that is the kind of thing that could get the Pegulas' attention.

It is going to be very interesting to see how full the stadium is in December and what the season ticket renewals are in the off season.

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

$7.00 tickets . . . that is the kind of thing that could get the Pegulas' attention.

It is going to be very interesting to see how full the stadium is in December and what the season ticket renewals are in the off season.

This was the first year ever that  they didn’t announce season tix numbers. I’m assuming it will slide next year as well. My group is definitely out, so that’s minus 6 right there.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Pegulas got face or season ticket price for those tickets.

Many many people will renew again next season.  A badge of honor for helping to keep the team in Buffalo, as well as quite a few don't go to see the team win or even play well, they go for the event.

Edited by CodeMonkey

A bunch of younger neighbors by me regularly go to the Bills games. Living close to the stadium, their friends park at their homes, the street is full of cars.

Many hang out after afterwards win or lose. Not yesterday. Most left quickly, looking somber, almost looking like they just come from a wake or funeral. 

Watching the most rapid, horrific demise in over 30 yrs. is near painful for some fans. Same with McDermott's pressers. Actually, that's much worse.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

Just sold my 4 Miami upper bowl aisle seats right in front of the 50 yard line with excellent view for $10 each minus 10% fee so $9. As a Canadian, donating my tickets will get me zero since the US tax receipt will be useless. I renew every year but eventually I will need to make decisions using my head rather than using my heart. I'm done with McDermott and Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Pegulas got face or season ticket price for those tickets.

Many many people will renew again next season.  A badge of honor for helping to keep the team in Buffalo, as well as quite a few don't go to see the team win or even play well, they go for the event.

my recollection is about a third full was the worst for the last 43 seasons.

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

my recollection is about a third full was the worst for the last 43 seasons.

Yeah for some people the fun of the event goes away in December in a Buffalo outdoor stadium ;)

Season ticket holders still paid for their tickets for those games though.